shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Can I split it in two orders?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/16/2013 8:22:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Silvia
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos80
Can I split it in two orders?
I´m still having the same issue with customs control.
They are checking ALL packages now, no exceptions, no luck anymore.
Anything above $28 will cost me twice as much and take 2 months extra time before it arrives.

I´d LOVE to order 2 or 3 Vamo V5, iffffffff you guys would split the device in 2 parts and let me order them 3 days apart.
I.e. you could make it an 18350 mod without the extension tube, sell that for $28 and offer the extension tube separately for $4.50.

As long as I can´t do that, I can get the device cheaper in Europe, where "cheaper" is a relative term, considered the fact it´s still double the FT price.
There are 10 types of PC users, those who can read binary code and the others.
#2 (permalink)      10/16/2013 11:32:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
karmacoma
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Silvia, il Vamo V2 a me è arrivato senza nessun sovrapprezzo. Vai tranquilla. Comunque, la regola dovrebbe essere "ordini sotto i 22€ niente tasse doganali"

----------------

Vamo arrived to me in Italy without TAX.
#3 (permalink)      10/16/2013 11:49:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Silvia
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos80
The V2 goes through, depending on current course of the US$, because it costs less than 22 EUR.
Also up to a few weeks ago 90% of all packages went through, no matter the value.
Recently that has changed, at least for me.

For a Vamo V3 I paid at FT $32,18 (24,56 EUR at Paypal course).
Upon arrival italian post charged me (all fees and taxes included) another 24.25 EUR.
#4 (permalink)      10/16/2013 11:57:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
karmacoma
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Silvia, it cost 32$ (23€) and it's arrived yesterday...i also bought ATTY+RSST in the same order for a total amount of 40,95$ and they arrived without taxes. Probably i've been lucky, but there's low chances to pay taxes.
Your choice.
(Comunque puoi prendere un v2 in Italia per 30€ se vuoi)
#5 (permalink)      10/16/2013 12:22:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Silvia
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos80
Of course one can give it a try.
Of course one can get lucky.
That´s what I´ve done so far and it doesn´t work anymore.

Even if it could still work, if there is a way that FT could split the order in two and solve all possible problems without the need for any luck, wouldn´t that be far better?
At least it can´t hurt to ask.

I already have 3 Vamo V2 and 3 Vamo V3.
Upon european prices I wouldn´t buy another, but if I can get the V5 for 25 EUR without any kind of risk, I would upgrade the 3 old V2.
#6 (permalink)      10/16/2013 4:07:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1686
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos1202
@SILVIA,Put in a ticket and ask them to print a lower price on your receipt for customs.
#7 (permalink)      10/16/2013 4:38:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Silvia
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos80
Fasttech always prints on the package a value of about $5 without any kind of receipt inside the package, that´s actually part of the problem.

Customs control checks the package, suspects a mismatch between the content and the declared value, assumes the european price of the device as value and sends me a letter.
For this letter alone they already charge me 3 EUR.
In the letter they request the correct invoice from me including a printout of the Paypal money transfer.
Sending that costs me another 7 EUR, not counting paper and ink for the printout.
For checking my paperwork they charge me another 2.50 EUR.
If I paid over 22€ for the content, they charge 21% tax.
And last but not least they charge a 5.50 EUR fee for cashing all that on delivery.

Do the math, that´s 18 EUR fees plus 21% on the price.
And if that´s not enough, this whole proceeding takes 2-3 months.

But you guys still got me wrong.
I don´t have any urgent need for ordering a Vamo V5, I don´t have to take chances at customs control.
It would be nice if I could get it without any risk, if not I can live without.
If I really needed another Vamo, I´d order a V2 in chrome or aluminium which (at current course of the US$) costs just under 22€.
#8 (permalink)      10/16/2013 6:38:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1686
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos1202
Customs sounds like money-hungry Nazi Police.If that happened to me id tell customs to shove theyre taxes & send it back & get refunded by paypal & then order again & try to sneak it through.They intercept again,same thing,send it back.FTP
#9 (permalink)      10/16/2013 6:58:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Silvia
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 153
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos80
No worries, they got that covered.
By law the false declaration of value gives them the right not to return anything.
They simply don´t send anything back, once it arrives at customs control it´s either take it and pay for it, or they will trash it.
They may be greedy, but they did do their homework.
#10 (permalink)      10/17/2013 2:08:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lichitisky
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos92
Well this sucks... In Brazil they proceed almost the same way. But they return it if you dont pay the tax, and the limit is U$50,00, so... its ok for almost everything I buy from here. I Was never taxed.
#11 (permalink)      10/22/2013 5:22:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
raw2sienna
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 104
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos54
I'm from the Slovenia,EU (Eastern neighbour of Italy) and customs act pretty the same as in Italy - 22 EUR (about 27-28$) tax limit per parcel.So it will be very nice if (on request of costumer) we can open the ticket for articles that cost over 27$ and split it in two payments at the same time. So we have lower Paypal bills which are most reliable evidence for our customs services.For mods, Vamo's and such that will be perfect solution.This will be a synthesis of eastern confucius economy and western protestant one :)-