shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

Different Plastic?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/27/2013 6:58:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HawaiianEye
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 729
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos1181
+1 details
Different Plastic?
These bottles look like those clear hard plastic bottles,that are harder to squeeze. Like the ones Halo uses for their 6ml size or 10ml sample sizes. Are these a different plastic?
#2 (permalink)      9/27/2013 4:14:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2963
+2 details
I`d bet a new Boge that these are also PET plastic - I don`t like the hard ones at all, even the 60ml ones were unsqueezeable.
#3 (permalink)      9/27/2013 5:07:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HawaiianEye
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 729
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos1181
+2 details
V UK....I can't take that bet because I agree with you. I also, hate those hard ones. They're not only harder to squeeze...but after so many squeezes ,it stays dented and doesn't pop back out to its usual shape.
I need some educating. Does " PET" mean that it's the hard plastic bottles ( dunce cap on my head) ?
Thanks
#4 (permalink)      9/27/2013 10:57:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NoneGiven2
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1481
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos1272
+2 details
Yes, PET is this clear hard plastic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_terephthalate
http://composite.about.com/od/Plastics/a/What-Are-Pet-Plastics.htm
http://plasticsinfo.org/Main-Menu/MicrowaveFood/Need-to-Know/Plastic-Bev-Bottles/The-Safety-of-Polyethylene-Terephthalate-PET.html

It can be harder to squeeze, some way more than others depending on how thick the bottle is, but in general yes these are harder to squeeze than the LDPE especially with the smaller sizes bottles. Most have a sweet spot though, squeeze it at just the right spot and the juice will come out super easy

PET bottles can deform easily if placed into hot water, so for all your DIY'rs out there be careful if you pre-steep directly in hot water. They'll keep their shape as long as it's not too hot, so you can still do it you just have to be careful until you know how hot is too hot :)

Edited on 9/28/2013 at 1:30 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      9/28/2013 4:36:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1456
  • Reviews 299
  • Kudos1850
+1 details
These do not look safe for use with Tank Cracking juices ???
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number".........................
#6 (permalink)      9/28/2013 7:13:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HawaiianEye
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 729
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos1181
NoneGiven ......thanks for the brain food . I can finally take that dunce cap off LOL! It was a very interesting read indeed.

@JoPatterson... Lucky for me , that none of my juices are tank crackers, and I hope I never have to experience it ( knock on wood). I'm not sure if these are made from the same plastic. But either way, I don't like these type of bottles. (:
#7 (permalink)      3/19/2014 6:04:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jb001
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I wish I had read Nonegiven2's advice about the hot water. I first soaked these bottles in hot tap water for a while and that didn't affect them. I then submerged them in near boiling water and all the bottles became deformed and warped out of shape:(