shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
50-pack

Burn/metal taste solution
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/13/2014 10:28:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
+2 details
@truanks

You should be able to just wash the wire and silica before installing as vapingmel has mentioned by pouring boiling water over them in a pan or a bowl. Don't boil them on in a pot with flame/fire on.

I usually just rinse the whole whole button/atomizer head as you call it including the rubber in the sink with hot water.

But if you are still getting burnt taste soak the whole button/atomizer head including the rubber grommet in 99% isopropyl alcohol or Vodka is even better as vapingmel has pointed out then soak in boiling water as mentioned above for a little while and swish around to make sure all alcohol is off.

This may help get rid of the burnt taste if the rubber was burnt or and bad taste was still on button/atomizer head.

Hope this translates OK for you or your Girlfriend can translate for you later.;)

Just ask if you have anymore questions ;)

@vapingmel

Good info and thanks for adding to this thread I always forget about the Vodka and usually suggest Everclear which is pure grain alocohol or PGA (what I usually use) if you can get it but that is not easy to attain in some countries as it is in the US. So I just say 99% isopropyl alcohol as it is easy to attain and most have it available at home. Vodka or Everclear is best though as it is definately food grade.

To all people reading this:

Never use cheap low % isopropyl alcohol only use 99% isopropyl alcohol as it has less impurities. If you have access use High proof Vodka or Everclear use that instead as it is much more preferable as they are food grade and safer for vaping.

Vodka and Everclear can also be added to juices to add more throat hit to in small amounts. But read up on this before you try it. ;)

Edited on 3/13/2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#12 (permalink)      3/13/2014 11:27:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapingmel
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4707
  • Reviews 899
  • Kudos5458
+1 details
Thank you Viking65 I've not seen ''Everclear'' over here in Australia but do have a good Chemist that if I ask for something they don't know they will go look it up and suggest an alternative , if I see the good high proof Vodka on special we will grab a bottle..,......everything gets a good soak then we treat ourselves and finish the bottle lol

(65 was a good year lol )

Edited on 3/13/2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason:
No 'Avatar' as i'm using my mobile phone
#13 (permalink)      3/14/2014 12:27:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312

(65 was a good year lol )

Of course it is that's the year I was born (in fact my B-day is next month). ;)

But technically I was manufactured in 64 . lmao =D

Vodka is fine no need to find a chemist to find alternative. Can even use 80 proof I just use the highest I can get (100 proof). 80 proof is 40% alcohol and 100 proof is 50% Isopropyl is higher at 99%. But the reason you want higher Isopropyl is it is more pure without much crap in it. If the lower Isopropyl was more pure it would be OK even at lower percentages.

Everclear on the other hand can be bought up to 190 proof in the US 95% alcohol.

I can get Moonshine here in the US in Georgia to at around 150 to 160 proof. ;)

Hell you probably even use Bacardi 151 (clear) at 75% (may get the rum taste though). Vodka is just more neutral taste wise ;)

Edited on 3/14/2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D