shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Plz help... Never bought a dripper before
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/28/2014 2:57:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
Plz help... Never bought a dripper before
I'm not new to vaping, b been having good times with many Kayfuns and Mods, but have NEVER used (let alone touched a dripper before.

I'm looking for one which is easy to set up for a novice dripper and a tank large enough that I don't have to add liquid after every puff.

My friend recommended this one, but he might have the original. I've read some negative comments about the screws being too tiny to wrap 28 Guage wire around. Is that so?

Any ideas or suggestions on what would be a good, easy build,dependable dripper for me would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
#2 (permalink)      12/28/2014 3:13:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27278
+1 details
try one of these:

gaia
haze

Gaia has a huge juice well, I can get 10-15 or more huge puffs at VERY HIGH wattage even. Screws are a little small to wrap around, but will still work well.

haze I don't have yet (in the post), but it looks super easy to build, the air holes are high, so good sized juice well, and the posts look ridiculously easy to build on.

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 3:31 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#3 (permalink)      12/28/2014 3:24:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
johnny_469 wrote:

try one of these:gais haze Gaia has a huge juice well, I can get 10-15 or more huge puffs at VERY HIGH wattage even. Screws are a little small to wrap around, but will still work well.haze I don't have yet (in the post), but it looks super easy to build, the air holes are high, so good sized juice well, and the posts look ridiculously easy to build on.

Thanks a lot Johnny. So, you would recommend those two over the one listed on this page, the I-GOw?

Have you heard about or experienced the I-GOw before, and if so, are those 'concerns' valid?

Thanks again...

#4 (permalink)      12/28/2014 3:30:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27278
I would consider the concerns of large gauge wire on the IGO deck and also have the same concerns with the gaia deck :-\

Thinner gauges twisted together bite better for those kinds of screws, or you can drill the posts to make nice, big post holes instead. (dremels are your friends for that one)

The haze, however, appears to have decently sized post holes, good sized stock air holes, and a choice between a chuff cap and a standard 510 drip tip cap, plus lots of color options.

I'd personally recommend the haze from the pics and specs above the gaia and IGO-W drippers. I can't guarantee it's quality, of course, but ft has a great returns policy... lol I bought one.

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 3:32 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#5 (permalink)      12/28/2014 7:13:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
THEKEBABMAN
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 366
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos264
+2 details
the two that i own and love like crazy are SKU 1861401 , it has a big 5ml tank and all you do is push down the drip tip and it drips juice down to the cotton and SKU 1720800, is more of a normal dripper, you put in about 15 to 20 drips and you should get around ten full lunge hits till you need to drip some more in, check them out and see if you like what you see, on a personal note i use to run twin coils in them but now i use one parallel coil build, yes you will find yourself using more juice but the clouds and taste are through the roof and your batteries last longer.
N.T stands for, not today, not tomorrow, not Tuesday, not Thursday, not this truck, not this train. Northern Territory Australia.
#6 (permalink)      12/28/2014 7:16:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neovdr
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 469
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos315
I would suggest a PlumeVeil (SKU 1922205 or SKU 2022205). It is a solid all round RDA plus it has a four post design which will get you comfortable with RDA builds before you move to three post designs.
#7 (permalink)      12/28/2014 7:22:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
voiceoverip
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos837
I have the Igo-W and don't use it anymore, recent design evolutions make it antiquated as far as leaking is concerned, but it can produce great taste and/or lots of vapor if you adjust the airflow depending on what you want, the air holes are easy to widen if required. It was a great choice in 2013.

Designs like the Veritas are virtually leak proof if you don't over drip, and while building on it is not the easiest it's not rocket science either and it produces great taste and vapor. Although I'm usually too lazy to drip, I actually use that one on a regular basis now.
#8 (permalink)      12/28/2014 7:24:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
THEKEBABMAN
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 366
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos264
@neovdr with all due respect sir the PlumeVeil has a shallow juice well and you can only get about 10 drops in it and it always leaks out of the air holes ( i know i own one and yes i love it too but about four big lunge fulls and it dry hits you big time ! )
N.T stands for, not today, not tomorrow, not Tuesday, not Thursday, not this truck, not this train. Northern Territory Australia.
#9 (permalink)      12/28/2014 7:36:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
THEKEBABMAN wrote:

the two that i own and love like crazy are SKU 1861401 , it has a big 5ml tank and all you do is push down the drip tip and it drips juice down to the cotton and SKU 1720800, is more of a normal dripper, you put in about 15 to 20 drips and you should get around ten full lunge hits till you need to drip some more in, check them out and see if you like what you see, on a personal note i use to run twin coils in them but now i use one parallel coil build, yes you will find yourself using more juice but the clouds and taste are through the roof and your batteries last longer.

Thanks for that THE KEBEBMAN. Now, that throws another possibility into the picture. I like the idea of the SKU 1720800, as you recommend, but from reading the discussion pages, it's unclear if a single coil can be built on it or not. A few people said only dual dual coil builds, which I'm not into. However, FastTech says on its description page, it's both single and dual coil.

So, what is it?

Thanks my friend..

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 7:43 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      12/28/2014 8:08:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NoeWay
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1366
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos1633
pocariboy wrote:

THEKEBABMAN wrote:the two that i own and love like crazy are SKU 1861401 , it has a big 5ml tank and all you do is push down the drip tip and it drips juice down to the cotton and SKU 1720800, is more of a normal dripper, you put in about 15 to 20 drips and you should get around ten full lunge hits till you need to drip some more in, check them out and see if you like what you see, on a personal note i use to run twin coils in them but now i use one parallel coil build, yes you will find yourself using more juice but the clouds and taste are through the roof and your batteries last longer.Thanks for that THE KEBEBMAN. Now, that throws another possibility into the picture. I like the idea of the SKU 1720800, as you recommend, but from reading the discussion pages, it's unclear if a single coil can be built on it or not. A few people said only dual dual coil builds, which I'm not into. However, FastTech says on its description page, it's both single and dual coil. So, what is it? Thanks my friend..

SKU 1720800 Has 3 air holes on the AFC ring, not very clear in the pics but if you look you can see they are there.
That means it is possible to use single coils.

However I'd recommend SKU 1816700 because it is virtually leak proof, fairly easy to build on, has larger juice capacity & allows for aligning your coil(s) in multiple configurations.
I got mine recently & I have the Igo-W too, this hands down, out performs the Igo-W & is easier to wrap coils on, plus has about 3 times the juice capacity.
The only slight negative with it is that you need a pair of pliers or small spanner to connect the pos leg of the coil & can't just use a screwdriver for rebuilding but that is a very minor issue.

Screwdriverian of the cult of BLUE! If you want a good screw, use BLUE! Amps do not come out of monkeys arses.
#11 (permalink)      12/28/2014 8:12:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
THEKEBABMAN
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 366
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos264
+2 details
@pocariboy your welcome mate, what ever you do don't get this one SKU 1882904, yes it looks nice with the clear window so you can see how much juice you have left, but as my review on it the plastic tank threads strip out after a few weeks and then it useless.