shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Not the Igo-W You're expecting no holes in the sides of the posts
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/13/2013 9:43:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
topshelfjedi
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Not the Igo-W You're expecting no holes in the sides of the posts
This is the legit one I am going to get..

Mine came in today from FT and I think it is a crappy build/clone IMO. The only great thing about it is that it comes with a drip tip. In the pictures on the ad SKU 1431800 it doesnt show the rba without the wicks/coils on like the igo-L SKU 1400500 (last pic) does otherwise If it did I would've Never bought this. FT came up! Touché on not adding that picture. If you're going to replicate something at least copy it right oh well it was only $6 I feel as if I bought a neat drip tip and they gave me a free little rba lol

Edited on 9/15/2013 at 2:29 AM. Reason:
g o t v a p e ?
#2 (permalink)      9/14/2013 2:45:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1966
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos2462
How is it a crappy build/clone?
Is this version only 2 posts?
What turned you off? Please be more specific.

I'd like to know and so would other prospective buyers.
https://www.fasttech.com/category/1/new-products
#3 (permalink)      9/14/2013 3:04:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bobo24
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos18
+3 details
I think he's saying the real igo-w has holes in the 3 posts similar to the nimbus but this particular clone has to be built wrapping the wire around the screw rather than threading it thru the post.
#4 (permalink)      9/14/2013 6:50:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
topshelfjedi
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Bobo24 is correct. It is a bad copy in my opinion, if you were to copy somebody's invention and capitalize on it, at least make a clone that doesn't only look like the real one but works/builds/vapes/features parts exactly like the original. This clone has smaller screws outdated single air hole top piece and to build, coils are to be wrapped around the tiny screw. Maybe I'm a big guy w/ big hands for such tiny screws Let's say if this igo-w was double the original price and it featured everything the same but with holes in center of posts (easier/faster building) larger or fatter screws (easier to handle harder to lose) even two larger diameter air holes for dual coil build. I'd still buy it at double the price because it not only looks EXACTLY like the real thing but it would work you could build then vape exactly like the real one and if not, better. The flaws are fixable some are some aren't but they're still flaws at the end of the day.

Edited on 9/14/2013 at 7:09 PM. Reason:
g o t v a p e ?
#5 (permalink)      9/15/2013 12:11:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gt5820
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos3
+1 details
i also was a little bummed it didnt have holes in the posts. im going to pick up the v5 (nimbus clone) tomorrow. wish it would have showcased the posts like top shelf mentioned.
#6 (permalink)      10/6/2013 4:34:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mechmods
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Yea I would pay the extra money and buy the real deal. I broke 2 drill bits trying to enlarge the holes, they used some really thick metal on the cap. I eventually had to use a titanium drill bit, cutting fluid, and my drill press to get the holes done. Much easier drilling holes out on the original. Also this version only has 1 air hole.
#7 (permalink)      10/9/2013 2:42:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pvaper
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos17
+1 details
Mechmods is %100 right I broke a carbide drill bit enlarging the hole. I couldnt imagine putting a second hole in this hard ass stainless. Its also super hard to do dual coil builds without the holes in the posts. Just spend the extra cash and get the real deal. If i had to do it over again I would have went with the Igo-L that looks better or bought a second Real Igo-W.
#8 (permalink)      1/10/2014 6:51:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vaporoni1
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 760
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos180
+1 details
PLEASE provide the version with the holes!!!
#9 (permalink)      1/18/2014 9:05:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
soraffi
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Where can I get the real Igo w?
#10 (permalink)      1/30/2014 9:59:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IceRail
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos9
Come on FT.

I'm certainly willing to pay a little extra if you'd only drill the three posts out. Wrapping the kanthal around the contact screws makes rebuilding these very difficult.

A second air-hole in the body would also be appreciated VERY much.... :/
#11 (permalink)      1/30/2014 10:03:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IceRail
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos9
@ soraffi : check EB - they have plenty.