shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Yes, You Can Put Kick with 18650. This is How.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/4/2013 1:54:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meccameo
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos101
$1.50 rebate earned+23 details
Yes, You Can Put Kick with 18650. This is How.
Just received my shining brass chi you.

I ordered it before FT switched pictures to the shiny golden Brass Chi You, with price drop.
I wasn't sure which one I was getting. I was hoping to receive the shiny one and I got it.
Many of us were speculating whether it's gold plated or not.
I will tell you this. I strongly believe it's a polished brass mod. I know it's hard to tell from FT pictures, but you can tell once you actually look at it.
I usually tell by looking at the threads or the edge. See if the surface is flaking or chipping.

After thorough inspection, I can assure you that this is a one solid brass mod. Take a look at this pic.

Threading was really smooth. No squeaking noise at all. Just plain smooth when I disassembled and re-assembled the mod.
When I first assembled this mod, it was firing constantly. NON STOP. Switch was not working. Couldn't figure out why. Later on, I found out that the bottom screw was not tightened, it was touching the battery, causing to fire constantly.

So, guys! Make sure to screw this in TIGHT when you receive them. OR sand down the thickness of the bottom pin.

Air control ring had a rubber sealing inside. I liked that firm grippy feeling when I was adjusting the ring.

I think the air holes needs to be little bit bigger. But oh well... It get's its job done.

The main reason I got this mod was to use Fogger. Fogger has vents on the 510 connection. So, I needed a mod that has air flow at the connection.

Ok. Let's get to the main topic.
I know a lot of you guys wondered whether you can install Kick or not.
I have Kick 2 by Evolv. It took me awhile to figure out how to put everything together using 18650 battery.

I found 2 ways to put this together.
The first option is this.

Putting. Switch > (M) tube > (L) tube > (S) Tube (with kick inside)

pin was screwed tightly together. and this is how it looks like

Everything was tightly screwed. No parts were taken out. It fits like this. I did not adjusted the tubes that way. It just fitted like that.
As you can see, there are gaps on the top and bottom of the kick ring (small tube). Gap between the top cap can be hidden by lowering the air control ring.

The second option is this.

Switch > (M) tube > (S) tube > (L) tube (with kick inside).
the problem with this set up is that I have to take out the pin.

The main body pin was screwed tight to the cap. and everything fitted perfectly

Here you have the answer.
Option 1 )
Pro: No need to take out parts.
Easy to take out Kick. You just need to remove the small tube (aka kick ring)
Easy to put kick inside the small tube.
Con: Gaps. (Threading is not showing, though)

Option 2)
Pro: Flush look.
Con: Annoying to put in or take out the kick.
It's bit difficult to put kick inside the large tube. Threading inside catches kick's grounding posts.
Have to take out the small pin.

I personally prefer to use Option 1. Just because I don't have to take out the pin. Second, because it's easy to take out Kick if I don't want it.
The gaping is not that bad either. I mean, I would love to have flushed look, but don't want to risk myself losing parts.

How does it performed? Oh, boy!!! When I first read other people's review, I couldn't understand what hit "hard" meant. I mean, vape is just vape? Right?After trying this mod out, it completely changed my mind. It literally hits HARD! The cloud is so potent, and thick. Every puff was consistently potent. MMMmmmm!

There you have it. Hope this answers lot of your Kick question.

Happy vaping!.

Edited on 10/4/2013 at 6:32 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      10/4/2013 1:54:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meccameo
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos101
$0.50 rebate earned+9 details
Just for the reference.

I ordered on 09/12/13
FT Shipped on 09/12/13
HK post office accepted on 09/14/13
HK Post processed through sort facility on 09/28/13
Arrived and processed through sort facility at San Francisco on 09/30/13
Delivered on 10/03/13
It took me total of 21 days to receive my mod from the day FT shipped.

Do NOT use batteries that bottom is fully exposed.
I completely forgot my Panasonic CGR18650CH bottom is fully exposed. As soon as I installed my atomizer, it just fired. I had to use electrical tape around the edge to fix the problem.

Edited on 10/4/2013 at 6:13 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      10/12/2013 6:35:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Discord
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 152
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos82
you can use the grey panny with SKU 1323904
#4 (permalink)      10/17/2013 8:03:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigawhat
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos4
@meccameo
I am very happy to this this can take a kick, However, I have never owned a kick or mech, and figured at this price I no longer have a reason not to. My question is, witch kick are you useing. I read somewhere that 1 (smok I think,not sure) is a bit shorter than the others. Could help hide a bit more threads w/o removing anything to lose, cause I would lose that pin too.
#5 (permalink)      10/21/2013 6:24:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meccameo
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos101
+2 details
I used Evolv - Kick 2 (~$45) (it can go from 5W to 15W) (most kicks go up to 10~12W, typically 10W)

I guess you are trying to install kick and still want to look flush without taking a small pin out.
I'm sorry I don't think it can be done with Chi You.
You have to take out the pin if you want to look flush.

My friend got Nemesis SS from FT, that thing is the BEST clone you can find in the market.
You can insert Kick in Nemesis and still be able to have flush factory look.
He has a Fogger with Nemesis with Kick. And that thing looks clean!!! No joke!!

If you want an affordable mechanical clone, go for Nemesis. little extra $$ worth every penny.
I feel like Chi You is oriented towards pure mechanical mod.
Nemesis is just perfect!
Some say Nemesis is a mechanical mod designed to use Kick. I think it is true. With nemesis you don't have to worry about installing Kick and looking funny.

By the way, I'm not big fan of Kick..... :(
Yes, Kick regulates the voltage. Every hit will be consistent.
but 15W is still not good enough for me. I LOVE the heavy cloud from a fresh battery. And I change my 18650 battery after 1 bar use. (Okay, I'm exaggerating. LOL) (The point is I go for more POWER! MORE VAPE! MORE FLAVOR!!)
I love dripping, having crazy coil systems. Unfortunately kick can handle up to regular 3 wrapped dual coil. (May be up to 4 wrap dual coil??) Anything above, Kick won't work.
(Or someone can teach me how to make quad coil that can work on Kick) (You have to watch out for ohm)

with Kick
Single coil 3 wrap - No Problem
Single micro coil - No Problem
Dual coil 3 wraps/ea - No Problem
Quad coil - Doesn't work
Most Tank system - PERFECT Match!

So, if you are fan of using tank system (Fogger, I-Atty, SteamBoy, Steam Turbine, Kayfun... etc), Kick will be a good investment.
Crazy part is when my Stemboy was having a hot spot, Kick 2 instantly stopped working. preventing short circuit. (Not sure whether that was a coincident or not....)

If you are dripper with crazy coil system, and love to get messy with your juice, then I dont think you will like Kick. But then again, you never know your preference until you use it. (You can always re-sell it to your friend.)

I know answered more than you asked. Hopefully it was helpful.

Happy Vaping!

Edited on 10/23/2013 at 5:25 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      10/24/2013 12:13:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ford12acing
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+5 details
so is this the hcigar or the trebeco? i can't tell from the pictures
#7 (permalink)      10/24/2013 2:21:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
meccameo
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos101
Many have claimed that this Brass and SS Chi You's have high chance coming from Hcigar. Someone actually e-mailed Hcigar n they said they don't supply to FastTech. So... I'm not sure... Nobody in FT has confirmed (in my memory) who made this mod. I didnt see any manufacture's name on the black box either. (Ppl say typically Hcigar uses blk box container)
I recommend u stainless steel Chi You. My brass Chi You 510 connector was fine at the beginning but started to wear out. I think it's due to the material property. Brass is softer than stainless steel (typical material for atty's) Thats why brass feels nicer on our skin. They fire the same, too. SS is very slick and matches very well with all my atty's. (Most of my atomizers r silver color)

But hey! Lets keep this post Kick related.

Thanks. ;)

Edited on 10/24/2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      10/29/2013 3:08:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cigfree
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 871
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos194
Thanks for the thread folks. I only hope is the 15 watt version will be cloned and sold at the same price at 8+ bucks.
LokJaw
#9 (permalink)      12/24/2013 3:38:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
corvo1010
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 106
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos4
il mio non funziona
#10 (permalink)      12/24/2013 3:38:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
corvo1010
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 106