shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

These are different
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/4/2014 5:58:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3373
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2589
i have the 1.8 version, which shows 2.2 or 2.1 ohms on the vv3...

in the beginning i looked at some chart and vaped on 3.4 - 3.7 volts...

meanwhile im constantly on 4.0 volt (9 - 10 watts), already for most of the time (in total 7 or 8 days of vaping) on the same (1.8 ohms) replacement coil.
3.4 to 3.7 is just no vapor at all...

also, i have permanently wet in the 510 threading of the vv3, and its impossible to screw the things tighter together... i think it must come from the leaking coil ?

the original ones from the package have a different "ohm" sign than the authentic replacement coils, and the oring going into the base is white and different...
this ring looks anyway weird in the replacement coils, as it seems unaligned and not fit totally into the metal... it stands out and is uneven around the coil...

also the top plastic cap is larger in the original package one, than the replacement ones...

the replacement coils are certainly different than with the original coils...

unfortunately i couldnt vape with the original one, as it just wouldnt work... but have one more left (2 in the kanger tank package, each 2.5 ohms)...
will try again or try the second one soon...

but leaking into the mod and ever increasing voltage/wattage, to get vape i can confirm..

the first two pulls are always crap, so i vape at least 3 and more pulls every time, to get some vapor...
exception: when the mod was put upside down for a while, then the first puff is very good...

when the tank is only 1/3 full, there is no vaping possible anymore, though that can be normal ?

but i also think, there is something wrng with these coils...

Edited on 1/4/2014 at 6:15 AM. Reason:
Edited on 13/32/2013 at 13:61 PM. Reason: yes
#12 (permalink)      1/4/2014 8:16:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3373
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2589
any help or ideas for testing/fixing the problem coils much appreciated..

anyone rebuilt successfully the crappy replacement coils ?
#13 (permalink)      1/4/2014 8:10:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3373
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2589
putting them now side by side - the 1.8 ohm replacement coil couldnt be more different from the original kanger tank 2.2 ohm coil...

the oring just below the coil is THINNER with the replacement
the replacement has a different threading, which is wider.. the original coil is much finer threaded...

absolutely each and every detail is different...

i cant measure it, but the replacement coil looks much wider in diameter than the original one...

Edited on 1/4/2014 at 8:31 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      1/14/2014 4:20:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
innercitydk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
+1 details
These used to be very good but a few months ago the box they come in all of sudden changed from white to black. Since then they taste like shit and many of them short out my protank2. These are NOT genuine protank coils but very poor fakes. I will not buy any more of these!!! Shame on you fasttech for advertising these as genuine. I have NEVER had any problems with the genuine coils until you started selling fakes on the same SKU advertised as genuine.

Really bad coil and completely USELESS!!!!!
#15 (permalink)      1/14/2014 4:24:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
innercitydk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
+1 details
This is fking ridiculous. DO NOT BUY THESE!! THEY ARE 100% FAKE!

FastTech advertising as genuine is ridiculous! DO NOT BUY!
#16 (permalink)      1/14/2014 7:13:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mitsuhashi
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Agreed, these are fake, as were the 1.8ohm "genuine" Kanger heads.

20 heads down the drain and a lot of grief...

I managed to use a few with cotton wicks, but my Protank base became damaged somewhere along the way. I only found out it was the Protank malfunctioning after I'd destroyed my VV batt trying to fix its nonexistent problem.
#17 (permalink)      2/14/2014 1:30:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
callum84
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Received 5 packs of these coils this week.
Knew something wasn't right when fitting to my protank but couldn't put my finger on it.

First Vape almost made me throw up, had a acrid dry taste, revolting.
Removed again and noticed the extra silicone o ring under wicks.

Had never seen this before and endless searching on google regarding extra oring turned up nothing bar this thread.

Also noticed Kanger Tech is not printed on foil but never really paid much attention to it as never had a reason to doubt the genuine ones I get in UK.

Its absolutely appalling that there has been reported issues from you guys since last year and Fastech are still advertising this junk as authentic.

Have opened ticket, will see what happens.