shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

These are different
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/21/2013 5:08:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
michael2550
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
+1 details
These are different
Anybody order these recently and find out after receiving they are different? Mine has an extra silicone seal under the wick. For instance from the top... air hole shaft - regular silicone piece - wicks -"extra silicone piece". It was absolutely horrible until I removed the extra silicone gasket thingy.
#2 (permalink)      12/2/2013 12:40:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mitsuhashi
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos9
Mine arrived today, also with the silicon ring just under the wicks. This was a bad sign, as the 1.8ohm version also came with these and they are absolutely horrible.

After removing the silicon, I'm getting less of the burning -- point being less and not none. It's bearable at 7 watts (4.2v @ 2.5ohm), but the flavor and vapor aren't really there.

I'm going to keep using these for a bit and hope they just need some breaking in, as I've so far used them for less than an hour. The problem could also just be my high VG ratio (95%+). We'll see, I guess, and I'll write an update if things change.
#3 (permalink)      12/10/2013 7:35:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapesmiles
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Yes, i've got the same, they are fake. The grove at the very bottom is also much shallower than genuine items which makes the draw tighter and makes it pointless rebuilding them. They are good fakes, but they are fake and not authentic kanger as they are advertised therefore i'm not interested. I've braught several boxes and i'm not happy. I've wasted time and juice getting to the bottom of this and i have requested a refund from fasttech.
#4 (permalink)      12/11/2013 1:54:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ivanli
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 3916
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos7483
Please express FASTTECH to these Authentic PROTANK Coil Clearomizer Heads (5-Pack)!!!!
When I sent you a photo-So you do not see the difference! For three days the heads of all 5 pieces of broken!
I was very angry about this dysfunctional authentic coils.
This is not about $ 7.45 but consumer confidence !
I see I'm not the only one who gets these coils do not like garbage and do not work and FASTTECH pretends not to know about anything.
#5 (permalink)      12/11/2013 3:23:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iamsura
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 862
  • Reviews 293
  • Kudos472
I got these and yes they are very different from the heads that came with the protank.

One difference is the base of the head is a lot flatter and the ones that came with the protank were more beveled and smooth. There was also a flat o-ring where the wick sits which was not there on the original.

Somehow, these heads casue the draw to be very tight. Because of the lack of air flow, it eventually end up sucking juice into the air shaft, causing gargling.

I threw away most of the heads from this pack, and started rebuilding the heads I got with the protank.

Invest your money on some kanthal/3mm wick and make your own rather than waste money on these :)
Ain't nobody got time for signatures!
#6 (permalink)      12/11/2013 3:47:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ivanli
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 3916
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos7483
Support Ticket Q1127FGYGW
Created Matter Order Related SKUs Status
13 days ago Item incorrect A110701077 Coil Heads, 2.5ohm, 5-Pack / SKU: 1425902 Closed
#1.
posted 13 days ago
by you
Hello my friends.

I ordered : Authentic Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack)
Coil Heads, 2.5ohm, 5-Pack / SKU: 1425902 ..... (◑ ‿ ◐) 

Why are these coils different from the original bobbins that came with PROTANK II ?

Why? For Fastech mate photo of original coils but sending different?

Sincerely, Ivan
Attachments
1. Photo of the wrong item (.jpg, 833 KB)
IMG_3544 -Verzia3.JPG
2. All Contents Included in the Package (.jpg, 748 KB)
IMG_3544 -Verzia2.JPG
Anything else you'd like to show (optional) (.jpg, 288 KB)
IMG_3544.JPG
#2.
posted 7 days ago
by Linda Staff
Sorry to hear that.

Could you please advise the difference? I saw the picture is same as the one on our website.

Please get back to us, so that we can follow up on it,thanks.
#3.
posted 7 days ago
by you
Hi Linda.... இڿڰۣڿڰღ
I'm a little bit sad.
Coils are different, They also have one extra silicone gasket.Coil heads does not last even one day.
For three days I have needed all five. We use them to 3.7 -3.8 V - Their work is very short!!!
I use PROTANK four months and I use branded my head still 7-10 working days!
Where is the problem????
Slovakia is-authentic = original ☜ (◑ ‿ ◐)  ☞ the significance of the word authentic in Hong Kong???
Sincerely Ivan.
#4.
posted 3 days ago
by Linda Staff
Would you like a replacement of sku#1425902? But we may also need your help to return the defective item so that we can check on them to improve this problem.

Could you please help us to check with your local post office what's the cheapest way to ship the item to Hongkong? Thanks for your cooperation.

Please get back to us ,so that we can follow up on it, thank you
#5.
posted 2 days ago
by you
Hi Linda...✿ღ
Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry but it makes me so angry that I threw them out like garbage!
Have nice and happy day •❥ ☼
Ivan
#7 (permalink)      12/11/2013 4:31:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 919
  • Reviews 352
  • Kudos882
My last pack had o rings all over the place. One head had 5 silicon rings on it !
They look like the authentic ones except that whoever is assembling them has got o ring fever.
I now have a little box with a dozen spare silicon rings.
(i suspect the word 'authentic' will soon be dropped from the listing) :)
More sense than money.....
#8 (permalink)      12/11/2013 5:46:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ivanli
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 3916
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos7483
Why FASTTECH have omitted the word Authentic "KANGERTECH " ????

What is the Money Back Guarantee?
Not happy with a product? Return it to us.

You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned in the original condition, with the original packaging and accessories.

Please note that shipping and handling charges apply if returns are not results of FastTech's error.

Eligibility:

Consumables cannot returned once they are opened.
When returning replacement products, the original (defective or non-functional) unit must also be returned, or a fee may be assessed.
#9 (permalink)      12/17/2013 3:50:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapesmiles
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I have been in comms with fasttech about this and they have confirmed they will give me a refund plus the cost of the postage to post it back to them which i am in the process of doing now. If you have issues let them know, i'm sure they will refund for the non authentic heads
#10 (permalink)      12/17/2013 5:28:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mitsuhashi
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos9
I made the second post on this thread and would like to provide an update.

After using 4 of the 5 in my pack, I'm 100% sure that the batch is either fake or defective, just like the 1.8ohm "authentic" packs that disappointed me. They're all effin' unusable on high VG, whereas the real heads that came with the Protank 2 were flawless.

14 bad coil heads in a row is pretty bad. So bad I've started experimenting with making my own cotton wicks to put on the coils. After 2 days, I'm glad I started experimenting, as replacing the wicks alone improves performance quite a bit. Problem is, cotton goes bad after a single tank...
#11 (permalink)      1/4/2014 5:58:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bibi2013
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 3373
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos2589
i have the 1.8 version, which shows 2.2 or 2.1 ohms on the vv3...

in the beginning i looked at some chart and vaped on 3.4 - 3.7 volts...

meanwhile im constantly on 4.0 volt (9 - 10 watts), already for most of the time (in total 7 or 8 days of vaping) on the same (1.8 ohms) replacement coil.
3.4 to 3.7 is just no vapor at all...

also, i have permanently wet in the 510 threading of the vv3, and its impossible to screw the things tighter together... i think it must come from the leaking coil ?

the original ones from the package have a different "ohm" sign than the authentic replacement coils, and the oring going into the base is white and different...
this ring looks anyway weird in the replacement coils, as it seems unaligned and not fit totally into the metal... it stands out and is uneven around the coil...

also the top plastic cap is larger in the original package one, than the replacement ones...

the replacement coils are certainly different than with the original coils...

unfortunately i couldnt vape with the original one, as it just wouldnt work... but have one more left (2 in the kanger tank package, each 2.5 ohms)...
will try again or try the second one soon...

but leaking into the mod and ever increasing voltage/wattage, to get vape i can confirm..

the first two pulls are always crap, so i vape at least 3 and more pulls every time, to get some vapor...
exception: when the mod was put upside down for a while, then the first puff is very good...

when the tank is only 1/3 full, there is no vaping possible anymore, though that can be normal ?

but i also think, there is something wrng with these coils...

Edited on 1/4/2014 at 6:15 AM. Reason:
Edited on 13/32/2013 at 13:61 PM. Reason: yes