shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

2/3 A size 1.2 V, 1600 mAh rechargeable NiMH batteries?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/19/2013 6:40:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26448
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos50575
+2 details
Blow yourself up then. We will read about you in the news

Good luck ;)
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#22 (permalink)      12/19/2013 7:01:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
"It seems that you got your questions fairly thoroughly answered in Your thread at ecf."
Not really. I started that thread because I was interested in the possibility of using NiMH batteries in a 14500 mod. This thread is concerning the 18xxx series Private V2 mod. This particular telescoping mod is the only one I'm aware of that is long enough to fit the three of the 2/3 A size batteries.
Ohm's law and the published "C" specification of the battery tells me they will probably be dandy for vaping. But, I'm not sure how they might work in conjunction with this mod. I know a telescoping mod is adjustable in length, but is it smoothly adjustable so that it will snug up to the length of the batteries? And, is the listed specification correct? Can it really accommodate a max length battery of 105.8mm? Will the slightly smaller diameter of the batteries be a problem?
#23 (permalink)      12/19/2013 7:04:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
"Blow yourself up then. We will read about you in the news
Good luck ;)"
How rude! I hope Santa doesn't bring you any gifts this year.
The probability of disaster is greater when using Li-Ion batteries. Facts is facts. You must accept them.

"I'm not sure calling everyone idiots will help anything."
You're right. I'm sorry. I apologize to any idiots who I might have offended. And, I forgive those idiots for offending me.
BTW, this forgiveness only applies to past offenses. If they offend me in the future, I'm liable to respond in kind.

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 9:11 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      12/20/2013 3:03:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panga
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 822
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos903
+2 details
Why do ppl use IMR batteries?

(rhetorical question)

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 5:07 AM. Reason:
Get the Sentient Vape podcast at www.soundcloud.com/sentientvape
#25 (permalink)      12/20/2013 3:25:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Eyepatch
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 197
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos108
Chew, the telescoping on the v2 is a screw type, so it's smoothly adjustable to whatever length you choose..

In regards to the differing diameter of the batteries, i don't believe that's a good idea, as the batteries will shift out of alignment. You may be able to create some sort of spacer, or holder, to keep them aligned, but it's probably better to use the batteries that are recommended.
#26 (permalink)      12/20/2013 4:53:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Big_Black_Tools
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2051
  • Reviews 94
  • Kudos2434
+2 details
Hello vape friends ;)

Mechanical Mod and Battery Safety

Batteries :
- Efest IMR : cheapest ones, not so powerfull
- AW IMR : Best choice
- NMKE (only 18650) : works great !

Chargers :
- Nitecore I2, I4... (FT sell it)
- Efest LUC : THE beast !

It's time to remember how much $$$ you've spent in tabacco -_-'

Good batteries cost more or less 40/60 cigarettes
+ will last 6 monthes or more (if you use a good charger)
+ security...

Or...

See ya in da news !

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 5:28 AM. Reason: *** :big_black_parfumed_cloud: ***
Let'em eat ©opy®ight$ !
#27 (permalink)      5/18/2014 6:13:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
eindinhander
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
AA/AAA NiMH is COMPLETELY SAFE to vape. Period. I use 4, for 4.8v. Don't try to use 3 for 3.6v. You'll have to have some really low resistance attys to make 3.6 nominal hit hard. Remember, an AA is 1.2 nominal voltage (3 would be 3.6 nominal voltage.) 3 fresh off the charger will not hit like a freshly charged lith ion with a nominal of 3.7. It's not the .1, It's that the lith ion ecig batt will likely be 4.2 volts off the charger. Basically what I'm saying is that with a standard atty and 3.6v nominal, it would feel like the ecig is close to dead, because a regular ecig with lith ion would feel almost dead at 3.6 (with standard resistance.) I've tried putting a LR 901 on 3 AA's and it still felt weak. If you could get to 4.2 volts some how, with 4 nimh, that would be a good spot for low resistance. But not possible. I use 2-2.4 ohm Boge vertical coil cartomizers on my 4.8v puck. 50/50 pg/vg. I can blow 3+ foot clouds for 24 hours ;)

Another thing to remember, would be how batteries can behave in series. If one battery drains before the others, the other 3 will begin to charge it, and it will flip polarity. Destroying the battery. I've never experienced this, as I vape a set of batts for 24 hours before recharging, and I don't go any longer (2500mAmp.) Just use batteries designed to work in series (which will be anything you can buy at the store anyway.)

I have brought a set down pretty low before, suddenly they drop to nothing, and they need a charge. When the NiMH set begins to feel weak, there is actually allot more of a charge left than you think. You'd have to vape and vape some knowingly weak NiMH's for some hours, intentionally, for one to become completely drained. They won't do that though, you aren't going to give them the chance as long as you charge them once a day. As soon as you become unsatisfied with it, you'll change batteries, and the ones you felt unsatisfied with will still have as much as a 1/4th charge. Just use a volt meter and see! They don't blow up... don't be absurd..

Lets talk short protection. There isn't any batt that likes shorts. Yes they can get very hott or explode if you short them for a prolonged period. However, your mod will likely have short protection already. If you are using a radio shack 4xAA/4xAAA holder box, they already have it built in. The springs shrivel up and shrink, when there is a short. Right when that happens the positive lead on the batt loses contact with it's contact plate, backing the battery away from it, breaking the connection. You'll know because you'll smell the batteries. Some electrolyte may leak out, it's ok. You'll need another box and batteries if this happens but, it will NOT explode. (ya just don't try to charge batteries you've shorted! If you short any, toss'em.)

I've had plenty of NiMH's fail on me. AA, AAA, RC packs, you name it. They vent some hydrogen, then laugh at you. It's not dangerous. I've been able to pick up an AA (bare hands) that was internally shorting and put it outside on the pavement until it was finished. It started to short in the charger, charging is where the most problems will be. Just like anything else, don't let it charge while you are not there. Use fire retardant battery bags too. Use good batteries, duracell, energizer, rayovac.

NiMH can also tolerate a better heat range. More mAh/size, but less volts/size. So it's a trade off. Ecig manufactures only used lith ion because it can be such high volts for such a little battery. THATS ALL. It's arguable it's not better or worse for vaping. It's all about how you do it. PERSONALLY I think it's better than lith ion, as I can charge batters in 15 mins and they last 24 hours, with a 2+ years lifespan. Cool. In a pinch you can even use 4xAA alkaline, expensive, but could save you if you are out of town without a charger.

Been vaping NiMH for 2+ years. Not in the news yet, and won't be.
#28 (permalink)      5/18/2014 6:19:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
eindinhander
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
puckecig .c o m/