shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

2/3 A size 1.2 V, 1600 mAh rechargeable NiMH batteries?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/18/2013 9:57:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NsaneJain
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1429
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos921
No those batteries are not safe. But, you are not going to listen so whatever. I would definitely suggest you stick to vv vw. I truely hope you are just trolling, and wouldn't ever consider using that chemistry of battery even in a vv vw.
#12 (permalink)      12/18/2013 10:05:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
"No those batteries are not safe."
Why are they not safe?

"But, you are not going to listen so whatever."
I'm listening. Tell me why they are not safe. Is it because they have electrolytes?

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Brawndo's got electrolytes
#13 (permalink)      12/18/2013 10:15:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panga
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 822
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos903
Did you read the link v65 posted on the 1st page of this thread?

btw love the "convince me not to blow my face off, you idiots" vibe to this thread
Get the Sentient Vape podcast at www.soundcloud.com/sentientvape
#14 (permalink)      12/18/2013 10:21:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
"Did you read the link v65 posted on the 1st page of this thread?"
Yes I did.
Do you realize it is irrelevant because it concerns stacking Li-ion batteries whereas I'm talking about stacking NiMH batteries?
#15 (permalink)      12/18/2013 10:24:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
"btw love the "convince me not to blow my face off, you idiots" vibe to this thread"
I find the "you're going to blow your face off but we can't tell you why because we don't know shit from Shinola" vibe to be mildly entertaining, but not at all enlightening.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: capitalized Shinola
#16 (permalink)      12/18/2013 10:43:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Quiz:
Does anybody know why the FAA has tight restrictions on Li-ion batteries being transported on planes, and does not have such restrictions on NiMH batteries?

Hint:
It's not because they have electrolytes.
#17 (permalink)      12/18/2013 11:22:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panga
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 822
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos903
+1 details
It seems that you got your questions fairly thoroughly answered in Your thread at ecf.

I do agree that some people have misread your OP and not realised you plan on using Ni batts. I'm not sure calling everyone idiots will help anything.

fwiw most people here will use only IMR battteries and do not stack them. I realise that is different to what you wanted.

I agree with the ecf guy who said buy an MVP.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      12/19/2013 12:09:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panga
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 822
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos903
Also if you are still interested in a passthrough you may want this
#19 (permalink)      12/19/2013 1:12:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26499
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos50618
+1 details
"Do you realize it is irrelevant because it concerns stacking Li-ion batteries whereas I'm talking about stacking NiMH batteries?"

It goes for stacking of any batteries and not using recommended ones in mods period .

If you have a short the battery can/will heat up even a NIMH.

The NIMH batteries you have listed are used mostly in RC cars which are not by your face.

Were you planing on buying/have a multimeter to test items for shorts or the batteries? Probably not.

Mechanical mods aren't plug and play.

You need to make sure your batteries are all fully charged when stacking and number and rotate them in the mod each time (bad enough with 2 but 3?). Also if one battery goes bad you need to replace all of them as you shouldn't combine old and new batteries.

"I find the "you're going to blow your face off but we can't tell you why because we don't know shit from Shinola" vibe to be mildly entertaining, but not at all enlightening."

Stacking if not done correctly can hard short and blow your face off!! Is that clear enough! With any batteries!!

But your stuck on NIMH so do what you want. You obviously haven't done enough battery research on stacking. You shouldn't be asking in a forum what is safe or not. Someone could tell you what you want to hear but it doesn't make em right.

Try the link in post #2 and use the battery university link. Or at least do a simple search on Google about the safety in stacking of batteries in mechanical mods.

Here is a video of someone shorting a NIMH on purpose:

5100 MAh NiMh battery in flames

If you use protected the circuit will kick in or safer chemical IMR will heat up but vent without exploding. I have had a both types short with no explosions.

If you really want to be safe use a protected mod like the Vamo,SVD, MVP or even a EGO twist.

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 1:16 AM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#20 (permalink)      12/19/2013 6:31:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChewBakker
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
"If you have a short the battery can/will heat up even a NIMH."
A shorted Li-Ion battery is more dangerous than a shorted NiMH battery, partly due to the greater energy density of the former.
I never claimed NiMH batteries were completely safe. I did claim they were safer than Li-Ion batteries. From what I've read, that claim is indisputable. That is the reason why there are safety regulations, such as those of the FAA I mentioned earlier, that apply to Li-Ion but not to NiMH.

"Were you planing on buying/have a multimeter to test items for shorts or the batteries? Probably not."
I have previously owned and used a multimeter. I don't currently have one. When I upgrade my ecig hardware from the the Blu started pack I'm currently using, I do plan to get one.
Do you realize the way you framed your question reveals you are a jerk?
Probably not.

Normally, I would have thanked you for the info on battery stacking, but in this instance, I won't do it. I was already aware of it, so having you repeat it was of no benefit to me. And, I suspect your motive was to tout your erudition rather than to enlighten me.

Your repetitious mention of the battery university is annoying. I have already read and understood much of the info on that site, something which I doubt you have done, as indicated by your confusion of the basic concept of "C".

I am astounded by the degree of ignorance and paranoia exhibited so far in this thread regarding NiMH batteries.
#21 (permalink)      12/19/2013 6:40:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26499
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos50618
+2 details
Blow yourself up then. We will read about you in the news

Good luck ;)
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D