shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

510 threads....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/3/2013 10:40:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Toms198
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
+2 details
510 threads....
So we all know the threading on the alu sentinel clone sucks.....

Question is, have they improved it on this one? Granted, it's the cheapest mech mod yet, but its more of the disappointment after the long wait than the price tag. And I really hate the hassle of sending the item back. (Yes... I am lazy! No tks to the wonderful world of Internet.)

Here's my one request to FT, can u guys pls check/try every aluminum 510 thread before shipping them out? Everything else abt these clone mods are almost perfect..... Why let a small thing like a 510 thread ruin yr reputation and sales? It wouldn't take more than 30 secs to ensure 100% customer satisfaction!

Sorry for the 2cent rant guys..... Still a little sore w my alu V3 threads. Sitting pretty on my table.... With nothing attached. :(
#2 (permalink)      8/3/2013 2:47:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1686
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos1202
+1 details
You really have to use a 510 adapter on these type of aluminum mods to preserve the threads.Even if they are flawless when they reach you,they'll soon wear down.Theres a reason they are so cheap,theyre made out of the same metal as a soda can & have no internal circuitry.A 510 to 510 shorty adapter is only 5mm high,you can barely notice its even there & is on all my mods,even s.steel ones,to protect the threads.FT only sells big 510 to ego adapters,so youll have to pick them up elsewhere until/if they stock them here.For around $3 your mods threads will always be like new.You can even restore mods with stripped threads by adding an adapter & a bit of putty to keep it in tight.
#3 (permalink)      8/3/2013 4:17:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PROLIFIK
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+2 details
fankthetank is correct. It's a peace of mind to purchase the adapter. I ordered a couple already to go with the Grand Vapor clones I've ordered.

Besides, it's asking too much for perfect threads on something so cheap. It's become common fact like the V3 clone, that the aluminum used is soft. It's safe to assume it's built the same parts on the Private V2 since it uses the same top and bottom caps. It will be delicate to handle when screwing anything on it.

There's always that boundary of how much to pay for a mod. I have not seen this issue of weak threads with the authentic product. Then again, unlike myself and many others that agree, I can't see myself paying over 100 bucks for the authentic Grand Vapor product.
#4 (permalink)      8/3/2013 7:58:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Robert1
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1783
  • Reviews 202
  • Kudos955
I don't think there is any point FT checking on the threads as they're all the same on the Sentinel and possibly this Private too. I can't say for sure, don't have one yet. But I expect it to be. That's just how China make things. They always make sure there is one major, very stupid flaw on just about everything they make. How can they wrong with a thread is beyond my understanding, yet the button section is done with such precession. Must be some conspiracy, hehe.
I Vape in {{{ STEREO }}}
#5 (permalink)      8/3/2013 8:39:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bboyralph
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
ive yet to recieve my sentinel so i was wondering how exactly the alu threads get worn out. is it from taking attys in and out or is it like pulling from rbas. idk just wondering
#6 (permalink)      8/3/2013 9:12:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PROLIFIK
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5

ive yet to recieve my sentinel so i was wondering how exactly the alu threads get worn out. is it from taking attys in and out or is it like pulling from rbas. idk just wondering

@bboyralph, it's a combination of things. Since the aluminum used is soft. Continuous removal of any atty/carto will wear out the threads. Accidentally moving what's attached, for instance, having it in your pocket, can accidentally dislodge it out of the threads causing it to get worn/stripped. Over tightening an atty can cause this too.

I'm quite glad it's that cheap, if the user loves the design that much, it's affordable to buy another. Don't purchase this mod if you're wanting something permanent or needing something that can take a beating.

I know over time, there will be some sort of modification owners will try out other than the usual 510 adapter solution.

Edited on 8/3/2013 at 9:12 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      8/3/2013 9:23:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1686
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos1202
Its just normal wear and tear.aluminum is a soft metal so it happens faster,but even mods with s.steel threads will start to wear down after 6 months of on and off a few times a day.If you plan on using any mod for a year+ without replacing the top cap,then put on an adapter & keep it there.that way in 6 months when the threads start to wear down you just pop on a new adapter.Thats especially true with mech mods,because they lack internal circuitry,you can expect them to last for many years if you protect their delicate threads.
#8 (permalink)      8/3/2013 11:07:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Toms198
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
Frank, even with the shorty adapter, it just spoils the fluid look of the whole set up. I just wish FT can start selling spare top caps..... In aluminum, brass and SS for us to play Lego. Sentinel and Private are basically the same thing. Only difference is the tube.

And while they are at it, maybe start selling spare tubes, end caps and everything in between! That will start a new "hybrid/Frankenstein" mod scene. Hehe...

Btw, my alu V3 came with 510 threads already damaged. It wasn't wear and tear in my case. Luckily I ordered a full brass unit as well.
#9 (permalink)      8/4/2013 12:07:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1686
  • Reviews 130
  • Kudos1202
Theyve been asked to carry top caps I guess,nzonic caps are available stateside for around $5.

Edited on 8/4/2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      8/4/2013 2:56:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Oasis
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 431
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos226
+1 details
Its the mating of two different metal materials. Aluminum is the worse it starts to pit (oxidize) fast when its not mated with aluminum, even when it's mated with alum--. Use some anti-oxidant on the connector and it may give years of use with the adapter.

Toms just take off the adapter when you want it stylish for outgoings.

My electrical dept. stopped using alum wire many moons ago, we would install new aluminum cable and a year later it would be loose or come out its sleeve. Aluminum hates air..

[quote=knowledge]
Is Anti Oxidant Paste on Aluminum Service Conductors Important?
Without this paste on aluminum wires, the wires can oxidize, cause a poor electrical connection, begin a hot/cold cycle at the connections, work themselves loose, then you no longer have one of those connections and can have severe electrical problems.

A new jersey home inspection may detect this condition if the panel cover can be safely removed for the home inspection. Unfortunately many home owners paint their panel closed which can hinder this process.

Those inexpensive to correct, it should be considered important to address this potential electrical hazard in the home.[/quote]

Edited on 8/4/2013 at 2:57 AM. Reason:
Dripping
#11 (permalink)      8/4/2013 3:01:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Oasis
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 431
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos226
+1 details
If you go out and want it stylish use a t3/kanger style atomizer and it will be a seamless connection Just thought about that thanks for heads up guys.. and can use a t3 or protank = priceless inexpensive woot
Dripping