shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Finally here
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/13/2013 7:50:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Volume
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos8
+1 details
Other than the finish being a little poor the quality is great. Hits harder than my SS sig 19E with nzonic and brass button does. The threads on mine are all great. I think the only thing i dont like is you have to remove the entire bottom telescope to switch batteries. All in all for the price im very satisified. Absolutely love that the center pin and firing pin are adjustable
#32 (permalink)      8/13/2013 8:34:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24861
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19755
For the vape dollar it appears this is a value that is hard to beat. For the price of a ego a Mech Mod with some very useful features. I'm sure you know that you need to be gentle with that 510 connector (I understand it to be aluminum). A counter clockwise spin until you feel it slightly drop (sometimes you will hear a click) then clockwise tightening wouldn't hurt. Thanks again for the info.
Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#33 (permalink)      8/13/2013 6:53:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ModifiedHell
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos9
+1 details
I tend to keep away from aluminum mods. Aluminum is so soft that, it is unforgiving of cross threading. If I lubricate the treads with a silicon grease, the grease tends to pick up dirt, particles, and even fine sand, at the beach, and grinds within the threads. So, I always lubricate aluminum with a dry lubricant, something like DU PONT Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant works well.

Also, after long use, and once, or more, a day battery changes, the threads tend to wear much quicker than a good stainless mod, or even brass, for that matter. Also, aluminum forms a coating of ALUMINUM OXIDE on its' surface, and almost IMMEDIATELY. Aluminum oxide is actually a component of some polishing compounds, due to its' hardness, and superior abrasive qualities. So, aluminum screws and threads tend to be uncommon in industry, and not used where repeated screwing will be encountered.

That said, I do have one aluminum mod, and I used it until the "slop" in the threads became annoying, bought a couple of years ago, and wife has worn two out from the effects stated above. We both have sworn off aluminum mods. I have purchased other mods from fasttech, and find them to be excellent values.

But, to be fair, fine sand sandy beaches are a bit tough on all mods, and makes frequent cleaning necessary, and ESPECIALLY with a grease lubricant!
#34 (permalink)      8/13/2013 8:40:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24861
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19755
That is the beauty of this price range it won't hurt much when the time comes to recycle it. Aluminum and brass are both pains in the neck to keep up but boy do they conduct! I'm thinking a drop could end really bad if it was to hit atomizer first tearing it out of the threads. The light weight and price was more than I could resist. Darn I looked into the dry film lube on eBay and it cost nearly as much as the Mod. I will check at the local hardware. Sounds like some very handy stuff to have on hand.

If it is an ocean beach the salt air alone is enough to cause metal problems. Heck in the keys SS will rust :)
Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.