shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Finally here
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/3/2013 2:13:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
moxiemoll
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 110
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos16
K101

Sorry I didn't know how the Link Insert worked. I couldn't edit it, so here is the link to the k101.
#12 (permalink)      8/3/2013 6:43:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24835
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19703
+1 details
@DioBurando a vapesafe or 2 cent should work fine
Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#13 (permalink)      8/3/2013 7:10:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24835
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19703
+1 details
@moxiemoll

With the V2 I will remove the center pin and jig the cap on my drill press. Then drill it out to size for a press fit 510 connector. Then press the connector in place. Doing this in on the 101 will be more of a challenge as it has the tall outer drip ring.

About your K101

If the center pin connects before all threads are used: Have you tried to push the center pin of the SM20 upward? If it sticks out as far as the one shown in the listing you should be able to shorten it a bit by cutting the silicone gasket or grinding a bit off the bottom of the post. Before you try this pull out the center pin and try to connect it. If it fits proper this is your problem. If not does the outer ring stop it before it can thread?

If the 101 works with most other atomizers I wouldn't be quick to attempt to drill it. You could also add an ego to 510 adapter (1.95 here on FT). I would be tempted to buy another SM20 and try it first if it works return the bad one.
#14 (permalink)      8/3/2013 9:14:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PROLIFIK
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
@Vapor, care to update the post once you did the full modification of the top cap? I'm interested in doing this too. Are you going to fabricate your own 510 connector to press fit in? or is there a place I can purchase these? Or are you simply modifying an adapter? Any information is appreciated about this project.
#15 (permalink)      8/4/2013 1:13:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24835
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19703
@Prolifik

I am not a hundred percent sure of what I will use. Where there is a will there is a way :) Press fit connectors are available. A handful of the high end mod sites sell them. If you goggle press fit 510 you should find some of them. I have a 7mm x .5 tap to clean up the threads but stock is not available the closest size I can find requires a honing before you can even tap it (to much work to re invent the wheel). Until I get a good look at this clone I have no idea which is best. I plan to use the device as it comes until it starts to strip. I will be happy to update when it is done. If you have trouble finding the press fit let me know meanwhile have a look at bogger box mods for a nice selection of connectors.
#16 (permalink)      8/4/2013 4:04:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Robert1
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1783
  • Reviews 202
  • Kudos955
Vapor - I too will use it without doing anything about the threads. If I'll need to change them I'll just use connector thread from an old EGO battery. They're brass but strong enough, I've never had one go bad on me yet.
That'll be the cheapest way to fix it. No point spending big bugs on repair when you never know what new mods are coming next.
I Vape in {{{ STEREO }}}
#17 (permalink)      8/4/2013 9:59:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24835
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19703
@Roberta

Great idea if you use egos.... I don't own any ego batteries are they typically press fit 510 connectors?

I agree with big bucks why buy a 12 dollar mod to spend 20 on it? Also if big tobacco has any say one day soon governments may regulate the sale of these things and they will no longer be available. Knowing how to repair or build may become very important.
#18 (permalink)      8/5/2013 4:46:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ironmanz8
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 303
  • Reviews 298
  • Kudos147
Good suggestion Vapor. I googled and found some adaptors and this can be an easy fix after the thread strips. I too would like an update if you eventually mod the 510 connection on top cap. Thanks!
#19 (permalink)      8/12/2013 2:22:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ModifiedHell
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos9
@moxiemoll

Are you speaking of the "stupid" protection chip (does not regulate voltage, current, or watts (power)), but simply does the same job as protected batteries, which already incorporate such a chip into their design?

This is NOT a device like the Sigelei Kick, or the Evolve Kick. Unless, they are making a new clone of the Evolve Kick?
#20 (permalink)      8/12/2013 8:44:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 24835
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos19703
@ModifiedHell

It's called a vapesafe fuse made by Kamry.... some China sites call it a kick and it does not work like a true kick or battery protection PCB. The Vapesafe only opens the circuit with heat, when it cools it closes again. It consists of a poly switch and that's it. In a Mod it is all the protection one really needs. You can build your own for under 25 cents. If you use a fuse along with a smart charger you no longer have to pay extra for protected batteries. The "stupid" protection chip regulates the amount of vape dollars you spend on protection :) Pay for a fuse once or pay extra for protected batteries every time.

A typical battery PCB will also protect over discharge, under discharge, reverse polarity. The extras are aimed at charging protection. If you use a good charger it will take care of that.

Over discharge isn't a concern when using a single cell because by the time you get near max discharge vape performance falls below acceptable use.

Evolve just came out with a new device. It is still hard for me to justify using the kick because I can buy two VV PV's like the Vamo for the price of that kick. Once you spend all that on the kick you still need to buy a PV. A bunch of money for an inferior VV device (no LCD display, No easy adjustment). To use the kick on most all Mods you are forced to use the smaller battery option 350's. The one up side to the new Evolve product I hear is it is raising the bar on power but, again if you are pulling all that from a 350 is it so great? Everything has pros and cons in the vape world. I tend to try to cut through the BS and look for performance/price.
#21 (permalink)      8/12/2013 10:25:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ModifiedHell
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos9
On [edit] you can buy an Evolve Kick Clone, called STOMP, for $19.95. Why you want this, is because it regulates your vape hits (the power to the coil.) From your first hit (after one time setup/adjustment) each and every hit happens at the EXACT, SAME, power level, until the battery needs charging. Swapping coils (going to a different ohm value) makes NO DIFFERENCE, hits are the same, vapor is the same. This is because the unit regulates the power going to the coil, and boosts if needed, or bucks down if needed. This is pretty much what the regulated units do (like the vamo.) However, this kick can be moved from one mod to another, and makes any mechanical into a regulated mod (mimics the function of the circuitry of a Vamo.)
I have used both the expensive Evolve kick, and the Siegeli kick clone, they BOTH work well, and do as I have described here. The evolve kick is twice the price of the siegeli kick clone, and makes the siegeli my choice. Indeed, I own one kick clone for every mechanical mod I own, or purchase. But, a couple would be all which is required, one to move between mech mods you are using, and a backup.

There is a small adjusting potentiometer, you set this just once, and no matter what coil/battery combination, it gives you the same hit, each and every time, until the battery falls to a voltage where it needs charged, then the unit just cuts out, to prevent a battery from becoming over discharged.

I simply wouldn't be without one, a kick. And, I only wish fasttech would pick them up, offer them here, and supply them.

Mod (FastTech_Mod) edited on 8/12/2013 at 6:45 PM. Reason: per TOS, please don't link to other stores