shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Scratched?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/3/2013 6:22:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gdurrant
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos2
Scratched?
I like the look of this mod. Except it looks badly scratched in the first and second photo. Are these mods not in good shape?
#2 (permalink)      8/3/2013 6:30:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YvesM
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 681
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos595
+1 details
Photo 1 and 2 same picture enlarged, looks like it could be a reflection off the Fasttech logo.
#3 (permalink)      8/3/2013 6:43:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
akimbonoob
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 303
  • Reviews 70
  • Kudos160
Looks like surface scratches, small ones above "Grand Vapor" and a large wide V shaped one going from left to right of the device just under the logo.

Could just be FT and the way the photographer handkes the device.
#4 (permalink)      8/3/2013 7:29:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Robert1
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1783
  • Reviews 202
  • Kudos955
Good price if only for the button to make your own.
I Vape in {{{ STEREO }}}
#5 (permalink)      8/3/2013 8:50:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Magic_Al
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 127
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos92
With it being aluminium it will be prone to scratching but at this price it may be worth a punt anyway. You could always put a wrap on it.
#6 (permalink)      8/3/2013 8:51:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
edsback41
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos47
+2 details
As far as the scratches go, I am pretty sure that they photographed a used one, for some strange reason. It seems like they do that a lot. But I own one(from another vendor for 2X the price.), and the finish was flawless when I received it.
But it characteristically scratches easily and the brass darkens up a lot fairly quick from normal use. It gives it character! At least, that's how I see it.
IMO, you should verify that it is new or used before purchasing one.

Also, be very careful with the top threads on this mod(which now is the least expensive mech they sell here). I put a new Dbox Puritank on mine when I received it and I think the threading didn't match up well or something. It was an awkward fit anyway and now some tank will not screw on enough to lock down. You are better off using a 510/ego threaded adapter on it and leave it on this mod to avoid ruining the threads with ill-fitting tanks.
The 510 connector of this mod is aluminum. Aluminum is a soft and porous metal. It can not be aircraft grade aluminum either, it stripped out too easily. Well it's not really stripped out... it's like the threads grind off quickly.
You see, I bought a second one(different style) and it ended being the same way and I didn't use the Dbox on it. Now I only have a few tanks that screw on well and lock down good enough to halfway trust.
On another note... the bottom button slowly unscrews out of the bottom. So I could have lost it and the spring many a time. I need to put some thread lock on it to keep that from happening again, while I still have all of the pieces.lol

FYI: This is not for the beginner or someone that can't build things.
#7 (permalink)      8/3/2013 11:38:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fyrprf1
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 229
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos111
While I realize it's a <$13 mod [color=Black]GREAT idea to just slap on an adaptor from the get-go.. and LEAVE it there! So.. thanks for that suggestion, I'm sure it will help many with this AND any other alum threading they may have & don't want to make a paperweight out of. ~ About that Puritank.. wondering your thoughts about the draw.. Did you find it to be just as airy as the Protank? Have you tried the Anyvape Davide version yet-- If so, same question. Appreciate your input, thx! :)[/color]
#8 (permalink)      8/3/2013 2:16:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
edsback41
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos47
fyrprf1,
It is a bit off topic. I really don't mind, but some on here get bent out of shape for going off topic. To answer your question... Yes, at least the one I received had a very similar draw to the Protank. I like it a lot. After I fill it full, I end up having to unscrew the base(upside down, of course) once, maybe twice during vaping the whole tank. I think as the e-juice is used up it creates a negative pressure in the air pocket in the tank and starts giving you dry/burnt draws. That is due to the negative pressure actually holding the e-juice back from reaching the heating coil, IMHO and my own point of view.
However, it is not a big deal at all as long as you're aware of it and relieve the negative pressure as soon as the taste of the vapor changes for the worst. Just turn it over, unscrew base and it continues hitting like a champ.
I like it a lot actually. But I do have 2 K. Protank 2s on the way and can't wait to try them out.
Good luck to you! Hope this helps.
#9 (permalink)      8/3/2013 11:00:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Yodel
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 157
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos75
I have one I purchased elsewhere and the surface is actually much worse than pictured. Looking closely at mine, it is scratched up all over. It also has some machining issues in the top and bottom sections, but only if you look very close. From a normal distance they look fine. This is aluminum, so a perfect mirror finish is really something you should NOT expect and will not get, period. Even if you polish it (I did), your finish will last maybe a couple days before it's scratched again. For $12, this is a great mod, it hits hard and button action is perfection.

Edited on 8/3/2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      8/5/2013 12:43:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrcrunch08
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 579
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos389
All these cheap aluminum mods come scratched up. Its a softmetal and for $13 how can someone complain. If you are looking for perfect spend $175 and get a real one. That being said some sandpaper and aluminum polish will clean it right up. My sentinel clone came directly from hcigar all messed up at twice the price but a little polish and it looks every bit as good as the real deal. This looks nothing like a real one bit still worth every bit of $13.
#11 (permalink)      8/9/2013 7:12:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Volume
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos8
Mine came with only one small scratch but the finish isnt great. Just adjust your center pin correctly (it can be pushed up and down) and dont crank down your carto/atty. I like that its lightweight and i carry it around with me.