shopping cart empty
definition of clearly
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/6/2013 4:50:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hotblue
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 491
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos336
+1 details
definition of clearly
the markings for voltage isn't very clear I have to turn and twist the whole battery around to get it in the right light to see it why it is not black lettering is beyond me
#2 (permalink)      8/6/2013 5:35:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Amiga72
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1232
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1783
+2 details
yep i think all the twists i`ve seen regardless of manu are the same, i think its only the smoktech winder that does it differently by having the marking on the tube and a red arrow on the bottom dial
#3 (permalink)      8/6/2013 6:37:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31269
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos61581
Nope Amiga72 My vision spinner has red dot on dial (same way winder has) and numbers wore off The barrel of battery .

I just look at logo on bottom turn all the way down and turn it a a quarter turn for each setting lol.

Start 3.3 quarter turn of logo is 3.8 half turn 4.3 and 3/4 turn 4.8

Even when it had numbers I couldn't see them . lol

If you have a logo on bottom try it. If not scratch a line or mark it somehow .

Most times I just twist it until it taste good .I find if I use a 2.4ohm (anything) I usually end up close to the same as if I had looked and tried to adjust by the settings numbers (around 4.2v)

Edited on 8/6/2013 at 6:43 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#4 (permalink)      8/6/2013 6:56:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Amiga72
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1232
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1783
+1 details
i must say the gold numbering on the dial here on mine here is still ok, but then i set and forget most times , i think you get use to how much to turn it for your desired setting after a while (well i know i can)

@v65 ah yep forgot about the spinner lol
#5 (permalink)      8/6/2013 7:22:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SFGirl
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 478
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos495
+1 details
I have a Smoktech 1100 winder that has a short, thick red arrow on the top portion of the dial -- and small white voltage markings on the black battery body. My chrome spinner has a thin red line on the dial -- and it's difficult for me to see the black voltage markings on the chrome body. I'll probably remark the red line/arrow once they fade. I really LOVE all my vv batteries and hope to pick up a FT twist because they look promising as far as build/price.

My eye sight has been changing the past few years :(, so I can't see most of the settings without my reading glasses. Younger eyes probably wouldn't have a problem.

Edited on 8/6/2013 at 7:55 PM. Reason: