shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Mouthpiece to rebuildable part - too loose threading!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/26/2014 7:25:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jargon
  • JoinedFeb 2013
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Mouthpiece to rebuildable part - too loose threading!
I am just ready to throw this thing out of the window since it's been so long since I got it and still had not the chance to use it. First, my center pin was broken and I am waiting for a replacement.

Now, I was just browsing another forum and came across a thread about someone having this clone and his mouthpiece threading (that fits on the rebuildable body with the ceramic) was really loose. I took out mine and it is really loose too. So loose that it is hard to screw without crossthreading and even then it can still cross if moved!

This thing is going to certainly cause trouble with liquid control or flooding.

Anyone else having this issue or was it my bad luck again?
#2 (permalink)      2/12/2014 8:04:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MrBlueSkye
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Did you give it a thorough wash when you first got it? More often than not I have found that these newly cut threads contain metal swarf from the machining process. If you don't wash these away they will cause threaedong problems like those you describe.
Steve
aka
MrBlueSkye
#3 (permalink)      3/1/2014 4:22:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jargon
  • JoinedFeb 2013
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos13
Believe me I, the way I wash them is surgical scrub in grade. However, they sent me a replacement and it is threading nicely now! It was way too lose to be right and you could cross thread screw it all the way down without any resistance.