shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

How is the airflow?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/4/2013 3:20:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tntecig
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8
How is the airflow?
Hello, could some one please tell me how is the airflow of this atomizer? Is it airy? or does it draw like a regular cigarette?
How is the airflow controler? (I suppose it has one?), in your opinion, will it meets all the need?
Thanks in advance.

tntecig marked this question as answered on 9/4/2013 at 4:50 PM
Answer
Tweaker
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos21
@tntecig
I just prepared mine which has arrived today. The airflow can be regulated to your liking and ranges between zero (completely shut off) to very airy so yes, somewhere in between is the airflow of a tobacco cigarette.
I like it very much. The air control ring has an O-ring inside so it does not rotate too easy unintended.
The amount of fluid can be controlled by rotating the mouthpiece.
#2 (permalink)      9/4/2013 3:44:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Amiga72
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1231
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1782
TnTecig as it has a airflow controller you should be able to set the air flow to your requirements with no problems
#3 (permalink)      9/4/2013 3:51:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tweaker
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos21
@tntecig
I just prepared mine which has arrived today. The airflow can be regulated to your liking and ranges between zero (completely shut off) to very airy so yes, somewhere in between is the airflow of a tobacco cigarette.
I like it very much. The air control ring has an O-ring inside so it does not rotate too easy unintended.
The amount of fluid can be controlled by rotating the mouthpiece.
#4 (permalink)      9/4/2013 4:52:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tntecig
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8
Thanks Amiga and Tweaker, it is very important for me to know the range, between zero and very airy is exactely what I want! Definitely going to buy one.
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2013 3:46:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Modmandan
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 50
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos12
If I might intergect here...

You might find (right now) that a tight draw works best for you. But, ask around, you'll find that an airy draw gives better results as far as vapor production. Myself, I didn't like airy draws and heard from folks that tight draws didn't produce very much vapor. As it turnd out, I miss drilled one of my gennies a bigger hole than I wanted. After a couple of days with it, I now drill them ALL out and run this Ithaka at full open.
#6 (permalink)      9/5/2013 3:53:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tntecig
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8
Thanks Modmandan, we will see, till now I am very disappointed with my 2 other RDAs which have very airy draw, with the air controler on ithaka I will be able to try all the possibilities.
#7 (permalink)      9/6/2013 3:41:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ten2ndpanda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos16
even at the most open position it is still a very tight draw... nothing close to an airy draw imo. But that is how the normal ithaka is, so i will not complain
#8 (permalink)      9/8/2013 12:20:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Modmandan
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 50
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos12
Maybe not as open as my gennies with a 1.3mm hole in them, but better than my old Viva Novas and Iclear 30s.