shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Horrible taste
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      5/23/2015 9:44:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steelshade
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 2715
  • Reviews 493
  • Kudos2780
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

I have seen people that DIY juice mention using alcohol. Obvoiusly they do mean real alcohol and are not pouring Isoproply alcohol into juice...lol but my question being isnt alcohol inside of juice perhaps unhealthy for some?Woman, for example, that have a drink daily they now attributing to the rise in Breast Cancer.One shot of vodka is not a lot but if one is putting vodka or other liquor into juice or is it ONLY DIY juice makers doing that?

They are just using regular alcohol such as vodka or pure grain alcohol. Some plant based extracts need a little alcohol to dissolve. I have used a few drops when dispersing a mint extract into DIY juice. I don't use enough to be a concern, but I cannot speak for other people and their tendencies. I also don't do that regularly, just on things that require it.

In regard to the alcohol-and-women thing, alcohol consumption tends to increase estrogen levels (higher levels of estrogen are linked with both breast and prostate cancer - a concern for men and women alike). Most red wines are an exception in moderation because some of the flavonoids decrease estrogen. Excessive drinking will overwhelm that effect, of course. And all red wines are not created equally. I've read some not so good things about wines from California, but European wines usually tend to be good.

If the pen is mightier than the sword, why does iron slay the brightest stars?
#32 (permalink)      5/24/2015 5:06:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23162
+1 details
Steelshade wrote:

ShelaghStone wrote:
I have seen people that DIY juice mention using alcohol. Obvoiusly they do mean real alcohol and are not pouring Isoproply alcohol into juice...lol but my question being isnt alcohol inside of juice perhaps unhealthy for some?Woman, for example, that have a drink daily they now attributing to the rise in Breast Cancer.One shot of vodka is not a lot but if one is putting vodka or other liquor into juice or is it ONLY DIY juice makers doing that?

They are just using regular alcohol such as vodka or pure grain alcohol. Some plant based extracts need a little alcohol to dissolve. I have used a few drops when dispersing a mint extract into DIY juice. I don't use enough to be a concern, but I cannot speak for other people and their tendencies. I also don't do that regularly, just on things that require it.

In regard to the alcohol-and-women thing, alcohol consumption tends to increase estrogen levels (higher levels of estrogen are linked with both breast and prostate cancer - a concern for men and women alike). Most red wines are an exception in moderation because some of the flavonoids decrease estrogen. Excessive drinking will overwhelm that effect, of course. And all red wines are not created equally. I've read some not so good things about wines from California, but European wines usually tend to be good.

Very interesting. Thanks for that clarification.
I wasn't aware it was a concern for men as well
Fortunately i never acquired a taste for alcohol and its been a couple of years since i had a glass of red wine. Drank more of it in my 20s but even then, maybe 1-2 times weekly but Iknew there was a connection to BC but wasnt aware of the full details.
Not surised to hear about the California wines. I always preferred Italian reds so I cant even comment on any differences with it,

Over all though a few drops as u have said cant hurt anyone. I just wanted to know if i was ingesting it without realizing so.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)