shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Horrible taste
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/19/2015 10:44:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18261
+1 details
The cleanest atties I've ever received were the Hotcig Taifun, mad Hatter, and the the Lemo V2. All were spotless, and with no oil smell at all. I still cleaned them prior to use, but I really think that each could have been used out the box.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#22 (permalink)      5/20/2015 10:33:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
R4DLY
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 4675
  • Reviews 201
  • Kudos4113
empiric wrote:

Isopropyl (or theoretically safer presuming you don't decide to binge drink it instead, vodka) better achieves the pinnacle of laziness your "rinse well" step is holding your methodology back from, by in worst-case, evaporating away.

lol, okay, just rinse, as in get the iso off the deck but don't get water in the base. You don't have too, its just sometimes there is a coating of solids left on the deck after the iso has evaporated depending on how dirty the base is.

I'm a bit ocd tbh and just keep the cycle going until I hit a point where the iso evaporates and there's nothing left. Some cba but I really hate oil in my vapor, it really defeats the object.

Fear is the mind killer
#23 (permalink)      5/22/2015 6:35:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Nymzavril wrote:

I add some alcohol to my ultrasonic, and it works a treat. Also, you can use it to steep your bottles of Juice in.

If you clean with iso, make sure you rinse it well afterwards, preferably before it dries totally. I tend to use booze and lemon juice, as there's nothing that you wouldn't otherwise consume to taint your juice.

Alcohol?
As in Vodka?

Wouldnt that be an expensive way of cleaning items?

Wouldnt Vinegar and Baking Soda be more than enough to clean any of these items with?

I don't care if its sold from your country of origin or mars always wash first. If in doubt wash again and again. Aint no telling who has had their booger pickers all over it or what rare chipmunk urine was used as cutting fluid at the factory.

Thanks for that lovely image now running around my brain as I realized i too likely did not wash 1-2 items as well as you might have
yikes

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#24 (permalink)      5/22/2015 12:53:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steelshade
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 2715
  • Reviews 493
  • Kudos2780
Just disassemble and stick parts in 91% isopropyl alcohol (aka isopropanol) and come back the next day. It's the cheap stuff in the pharmacy section of the grocery store. Just don't consume it. It's not that kind of alcohol. Drinking alcohol is ethanol, a different chemical.
If the pen is mightier than the sword, why does iron slay the brightest stars?
#25 (permalink)      5/22/2015 4:24:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapingmel
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4707
  • Reviews 899
  • Kudos5458
I clean all mine with hot water with a couple off drop's off morning fresh (dish washing liquid)......i take everything apart and use a old toothbrush, I gently lay each part on paper towel......I then use a little vodka, gently rince, then lay out in the sun for a few hour's.

I think i've been lucky and only had a KFL that was a real pain to clean, I cleaned and soaked that many time's...... that really made me step-up my cleaning routine for everything I received after.....the smell was awful :/
No 'Avatar' as i'm using my mobile phone
#26 (permalink)      5/22/2015 5:24:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161

Just disassemble and stick parts in 91% isopropyl alcohol (aka isopropanol) and come back the next day. It's the cheap stuff in the pharmacy section of the grocery store. Just don't consume it. It's not that kind of alcohol. Drinking alcohol is ethanol, a different chemical.

LMAO.
Nymzavril was referrring to isopropyl?
i DID wonder.
Hmm, I thought, expensive way to clean your gear :)

Good to hear if so as I have boxes and boxes of individual squares given to me that I didnt seem to have much use for...or so i thought.

To be honest, I just thought that rubbing alcohol wasnt good to put on any metals at all, that it was considered an abrasive.
Apparently I was wrong.

Thanks for explaining that...

#27 (permalink)      5/22/2015 5:26:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Meant to add that we dont refer to it here as alcohol or isopropanol but just rubbing alcohol hence, the disconnect..

To me when someone says "alcohol" I assume they mean liquor, which was I why I asked..

Edited on 5/22/2015 at 5:27 PM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      5/22/2015 9:45:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+2 details
Had a hole drilled into it today and got it working very well.
The taste is great with the hole drilled in but I was shocked at how small the original hole was when shipped.
LOL It was the same size as one sees on an iPhone the tiny little hole you stick the paperclip size pin into to get at your SIM card and you were supposed to get any taste through that?

LOL
Anyhow it was drilled by someone else for me at 2.55 and is very good.
Now, that said?

Its my first time dripping and the person I was with remarked nicely that they have come a long way since but for $5, you cant beat this.
Bearing in mind i had never used a dripper until today, the taste was so wonderful after I got the hole drilled in, that I knew i would buy many more RDAs but I will likely still pick up another 2 at this price simply because it is just that inexpensive but the drilled hole I understand makes all the difference.

I am loving it so i can hardly wait to try even better ones
#29 (permalink)      5/23/2015 2:02:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steelshade
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 2715
  • Reviews 493
  • Kudos2780
Things labeled as rubbing alcohol may or may not have fragrances or other ingredients added. That's why we like to be specific and say things like "91% isopropyl alcohol". And yeah, isopropanol is isopropyl alcohol, ethanol is ethyl alcohol, and so on.
#30 (permalink)      5/23/2015 10:22:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Steelshade wrote:

Things labeled as rubbing alcohol may or may not have fragrances or other ingredients added. That's why we like to be specific and say things like "91% isopropyl alcohol". And yeah, isopropanol is isopropyl alcohol, ethanol is ethyl alcohol, and so on.

Fair enough. I shall remember that.
It was not something I needed to know or did before here but now know.

Thx.

1 further Dumb Question Alert:....I have seen people that DIY juice mention using alcohol. Obvoiusly they do mean real alcohol and are not pouring Isoproply alcohol into juice...lol but my question being isnt alcohol inside of juice perhaps unhealthy for some?

Woman, for example, that have a drink daily they now attributing to the rise in Breast Cancer.
One shot of vodka is not a lot but if one is putting vodka or other liquor into juice or is it ONLY DIY juice makers doing that?

Edited on 5/23/2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      5/23/2015 9:44:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steelshade
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 2715
  • Reviews 493
  • Kudos2780
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

I have seen people that DIY juice mention using alcohol. Obvoiusly they do mean real alcohol and are not pouring Isoproply alcohol into juice...lol but my question being isnt alcohol inside of juice perhaps unhealthy for some?Woman, for example, that have a drink daily they now attributing to the rise in Breast Cancer.One shot of vodka is not a lot but if one is putting vodka or other liquor into juice or is it ONLY DIY juice makers doing that?

They are just using regular alcohol such as vodka or pure grain alcohol. Some plant based extracts need a little alcohol to dissolve. I have used a few drops when dispersing a mint extract into DIY juice. I don't use enough to be a concern, but I cannot speak for other people and their tendencies. I also don't do that regularly, just on things that require it.

In regard to the alcohol-and-women thing, alcohol consumption tends to increase estrogen levels (higher levels of estrogen are linked with both breast and prostate cancer - a concern for men and women alike). Most red wines are an exception in moderation because some of the flavonoids decrease estrogen. Excessive drinking will overwhelm that effect, of course. And all red wines are not created equally. I've read some not so good things about wines from California, but European wines usually tend to be good.