shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Not connecting properly to ego battery?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/16/2013 11:30:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
niickblase
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
Not connecting properly to ego battery?
Just posted this, but I don't think it went through properly so I apologize if this is a double-post.

It seems that this isn't screwing on straight onto my ego twist. Even if it's on tight, it can still shift around if it's bumped, and goes crooked.

I think this is allowing juice to drip onto the battery, causing gurgling and e juice to get sucked into my mouth, which is making me feel like crap.

Any solution to get this to screw on straight?
#2 (permalink)      9/16/2013 12:04:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2937
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos3132
Hello niickblase
It sounds to me like the ring on the bottom (the part the base screws onto)that's connected to the plastic is loose. If that's the case try to remove the ring clean both the ring & plastic tank, use a small bead of superglue around the base of the plastic & push the ring back into place. Make sure it's seated all the way in. let it set & you should be right as rain.
"A little 'Critical Thinking' goes a long way".
#3 (permalink)      9/16/2013 12:37:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
niickblase
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
Hi socom,

Thanks for the reply, but if I'm understanding you correctly, this isn't the issue I'm having. The tank itself isn't leaking, it's leaking through the center post, down onto the spot where it connects to the battery. Could this be caused by a bad connection between the battery and the atomizer?
#4 (permalink)      9/16/2013 12:39:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
immortale
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
But you bought I16 now?
#5 (permalink)      9/16/2013 12:45:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
niickblase
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
immortale,

Yes, this is with the innokin iClear 16
#6 (permalink)      9/16/2013 1:07:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
immortale
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
My order has gone on September 5. Hopefully it will not have the same defects of yours.
#7 (permalink)      9/16/2013 2:17:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
niickblase
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
immortale,

I've done some research and it seems the problem has been because of an error on my part. Apparently if you screw on the clearo too tightly, it pushes the center post upwards, which causes leaking. So screw it on just enough so that it will stay on, but not too tight. I haven't tried this yet to see how it works, but I cleaned mine out and will report back how it works.

Also, be careful not to fill past 1.6 ml mark, this causes flooding/leaking as well. I did this as well the first time, so this also might have affected it.

I have seen others complaining that the clearo doesn't screw on straight like mine, but it doesn't happen to everyone. This probably is a defect, but I don't see why it would be a huge problem, but it does bother me. It might strip the threading eventually, so I will probably look into replacing this soon.
#8 (permalink)      9/17/2013 12:29:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2937
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos3132
@niickblase
I was going by a problem I once had with a CE5. Same type design. Mine didn't leak from the tank, what happened was the tank shifted & the alignment of the center post & drip-tip was off which allowed juice to leak through the center post.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it sorted.
#9 (permalink)      9/17/2013 1:18:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2937
  • Reviews 215
  • Kudos3132
@niickblase

I just found this review which is just what I was telling you about:

http://www.fasttech.com/reviews/1384000/10719
#10 (permalink)      9/17/2013 2:16:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
immortale
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
My order has gone after 10 days. I advised FASTTECH and I asked why this delay. They said they did not have in stock I16 but then, magically, it all started. I asked them if this was normal and if the quality had problems. They have assured me that everything will be good quality. Hopefully ....
#11 (permalink)      9/19/2013 1:17:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kadbad
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos0
i got the same prob, i16s dont even connect to ego-c-twist anymore but luckily i bought two egos, the other ego connects ok but "tilts" doesnt sit correctly :/

i got 5xi16s and 2xego-c-twist

i think this https://www.fasttech.com/products/1284600 may be the solution