Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Fire button problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/8/2014 1:23:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pix333
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
My svd would not work so I took all the plastic off the battery
And inserted it again ... Instantly it heated up the bottom cap
Untill it was so hot, I panicked and unscrewed it fast ...
On inspection I saw the bottom cap had melted the rubber insert and now I can't get a connection so trying to get a connection I put the same battery (all cooled down) back in but positive first this time and wow no problems and still going 5 hours later ... Which now leads me to belive that the instruction Manual may be wrong and the way it says to insert the battery is incorrect... So positive in first and mine is ok
#22 (permalink)      6/20/2014 12:23:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KCTheBearded
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
I bought the Trustfire 3000mah batteries with my iTaste SVD and just came across this issue after a month. I was frustrated and searched the problem and was directed here, which is unusual only because this is the site I bought it from. Well I stripped the plastic outer wrap and removed the circuit board (on the negative end) and clipped the 2 flat leads and now it works awesome. Granted it's only been about 2 hours but seeing as I have struggled to get it to work for 3 days it's still a relief. Thanks for all the help, and I will be getting unprotected batteries from now on.
#23 (permalink)      6/30/2014 1:44:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos92
The SVD is notorious for the defective fire button that shorts out. At first it will miss fire now and then but becomes progressively worse. It shuts iteslf off and then won't fire at all. I wish I had known this before buying it and now my SVD is useless. Innokin is aware of this problem but will not stand behind their product. It's too bad that the SVD has a faulty fire button made with a cheap, flimsy micro chip because it is an otherwise well-built product. Just google "SVD fire button" and there are hundreds of notices from buyers who paid good money for a paper weight.
#24 (permalink)      8/26/2014 3:44:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ezmoney1098
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
My 1st SVD the fire button went bad to where it would fire only 50% of the time. Now with the replacement it will randomly shut off right as a want to take a puff or during a puff, the lcd screen will blink the word "off" then I'll have to turn it back on.. Getting really annoying.
#25 (permalink)      3/17/2015 12:49:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
akman
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 65
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
It worked fine the first 4 months. After that the switch button went off on all the time. Strangely it would not give more volts than about 3-3,5 and vapeproduction is now really bad... Is there any fix to this?
#26 (permalink)      3/17/2015 1:27:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos92
akman wrote:

It worked fine the first 4 months. After that the switch button went off on all the time. Strangely it would not give more volts than about 3-3,5 and vapeproduction is now really bad... Is there any fix to this?

No, there isn't a fix. Chalk it up to a bad experience and remember it when you buy your next device. Besides, there have been so many more advanced devices released in the past year. You can do so much better than the SVD at a lower cost. That goes for anything innokin sells.

Edited on 3/17/2015 at 1:28 PM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      3/23/2015 11:06:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
pix333 wrote:

On inspection I saw the bottom cap had melted the rubber insert and now I can't get a connection so trying to get a connection I put the same battery (all cooled down) back in but positive first this time and wow no problems and still going 5 hours later ... Which now leads me to belive that the instruction Manual may be wrong and the way it says to insert the battery is incorrect... So positive in first and mine is ok

I've noticed that! In eager anticipation of the arrival of my first SVD (just made it into the US from China! Yaaaaay!), I've gone to Innokin and downloaded the manual. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that! I think that what it really is, is a incorrect translation and choice of where which word goes in the sentence. I don't know... but it is totally incorrect in how it reads:

Quote from the manual - which tells you to install the battery backwards:

Please install a proper battery before operation. Screw the battery
negative (-) cap off the telescopic tube, then insert battery into the
telescopic tube with the negative (-) end of battery in first and the
positive (+) end out towards the battery negative (-) Cap.

Nextiny - LeMagister - Russian 91 - Kayfun 4 - Dragon Ball - Innokin SVD Deluxe
#28 (permalink)      3/23/2015 11:19:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
HighPlainsVaper wrote:

You can do so much better than the SVD at a lower cost. That goes for anything innokin sells.

We can agree to disagree about this.
Sure, there can be issues with anything put into mass production. Sheet happens. But Innokin is one of those companies that offers a very high quality product at a great deal. True, the SVD has been surpassed in technology some time ago. I'm hoping that mine lasts longer than four months. My two Cool Fire 1, non-adjustable 8.5 Watt regulated devices from Innokin are fantastic! Once in a while I want a little more push, so I'm finally getting my beloved SVD. I like the low-tech of it all, and I love the somewhat steampunk/lightsaber look to it. So far, I'm not looking for a how mess of options from my device - I just want it to work. It has been my experience from my own stuff and from others, that Innokin is quite a trustworthy company and their devices are very solid and well built.

Not sure if we get the Innokin Warranty when buying through Fast Tech - the manual says that the warranty doesn't cover products sold via third-party vendors. I don't think that this is the case, so you could likely contact Innokin.

My brother had an issue with one of his 134 minis just before the warranty was up and Innokin sent him the replacement part - the whole control head.

#29 (permalink)      3/23/2015 11:36:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
akman wrote:

Perhaps this might help your symptoms:
Hold the fire button for five seconds to release the capacity in the mainboard.

If we ever run an SVD in single battery formation and then switch to running two 18350s, we need to do this before continuing to use the device. Here's what the manual says about it... pretty much the same thing I said:

Note: Before you make a switch between one battery and two
batteries, please hold the “ ” button for 5 seconds to release the
remaining capacity in the mainboard. (when you make a switch from
one battery to two batteries, the mainboard will keep the one battery’
settings if you haven’t released the remaining capacity; and vice versa.)

Even if you haven't tried running two batteries, perhaps something else happened that could be remedied by clearing the capacity from the MB? Perhaps?

Edited on 3/23/2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      3/24/2015 2:44:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
akman
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 65
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
Well... firebutton is on /off all the time. Have to push a little sideways getting it work, sometimes it work, sometimes not. Have not used two 18350 yet. So I guess there is a connection problem at the fire button as well... Think I have to give it up. Thanks anyways for your answers.
#31 (permalink)      3/24/2015 11:21:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
That, my friend, truly is a bummer. If that happens to me, I wonder if they(Innokin) would fix it if I sent it in to them. I am really looking forward to enjoying this thing! :| >
Too bad that they don't make the switches replaceable with knurled thumb screws or some such.