Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Fire button problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/15/2013 9:44:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djkanora
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
And @Gabydu - watch out for your unprotected battery - it might pick up a nasty SVD (serious venereal disease).
#12 (permalink)      11/16/2013 1:32:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djkanora
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
I decided to strip one of my 3400 maH batteries and try it. I first used the battery with the plastic intact and as expected I had all kinds of problems, I stripped off the plastic and tried it. It has been working flawlessly for 3 hours. Again, this has to be a ground problem. I will continue to chainvape all day between this battery and my 2200maH battery that is charging right now. Again - don't just blindly do this as it might be dangerous. I will vape the 3400 until it's dead and put the 2200 back in until tonight. I will update this evening.
#13 (permalink)      11/16/2013 5:24:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djkanora
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
"Boosted devices require IMR batteries because they can sustain a much higher current draws and also output higher voltages under load. ICRs just aren't meant for boosted mods."

I got this info from another source. It coincidently happens that all my 9 batteries are IMR. So anyone was a candidate to be used in an SVD. That still doesn't explain the erratic behavior of my batteries if they aren't stripped so I bought two EFEST 2000 maH IMR 18650 3.7 volt Li-MN batteries this morning and charged them up and inserted one intact into my SVD. These are unprotected batteries. Protected batteries will NOT work in an SVD or any other high performance MOD. The EFEST batteries fire 100% of the time. (don't forget to turn the ecig on first!) I have been vaping for 5 hours and have had no incidents of the on/off switch giving me a problem.
See, you learn something new everyday. At least I didn't strip all my batteries. But I still think there is a grounding issue with the SVD. But like the quote says you have to use IMR batteries. Mine are flat top batteries. So now I am off to read the exciting subject of batteries.
#14 (permalink)      11/16/2013 8:35:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djkanora
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
"Most protected batteries have around a 2.5 amp limit, which isn't enough current to power a boosting device like the SVD"
So if I've learned one thing it's that a protected battery isn't going to give you enough juice to power your SVD. You need to buy a battery with an IMR prefix - end of story. Chances are 1 or more batteries in your collection will fit the bill. If not just bite the bullet and get one locally to see if it works for you. And you may as well buy a high maH battery cause you are going to have it for a long time. I just bought 10 batteries thru Fast Tech and they made it thru customs ! Too bad they are all protected. But all that means is I will need to remove the protection circuit board (strip). damn it. I hate spending money on something I was ignorant about.

OK....to sum it all up the real answer is you must use an IMR (Lithium Manganese) battery with an iTaste SVD. Apparently the SVD is the reigning King Cong of Innokin's line of mod's and requires a lot of juice. It should be stated in the specs! My luck with stripping batteries may or may not have helped. I do know that I am not b.s.ing here - I was having problems with one of my non-IMR batteries so I stripped it and the problems disappeared. Now I am using an IMR designated 2200 maH battery and it's working perfectly. This also leads me to conclude that an operating SVD is the meanest motherfucker in the valley cause it does one hell of a job of vaping when it works. I own 7 mods and the SVD is definitely the vapor king. Start out low on the Volts and Watts cause it's easy to burn up an atomizer that isn't quite primed all the way. It's even easy to trash the coil on one that is primed all the way. I would say don't go over 3.5V or 8watts and work it on up from there.
I hope I have helped instead of just confused you. Reddit.com has a good forum on e-cigs and their is a particular forum question asking about batteries for an SVD, Lots of info there - check it out.
#15 (permalink)      11/16/2013 8:47:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djkanora
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
OH - @lborrago thanks for the answer - you knew what you were talking about.
#16 (permalink)      12/16/2013 11:51:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rafael1000
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hello,

I will buy a SVD device, and I just read this topic, so that means that I should use either 1 x 18650 IMR non protected battery or 2 x 18350 IMR ? So the Panasonic 3400 won't work with my device? :-s
What battery should I buy?
Other mods doesn't have this issue?

Edited on 12/16/2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      12/16/2013 1:03:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyG
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 94
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos33
The SVD (and other mods) will work with non-IMR batteries (and might work with protected ones, but the protection circuit of the battery might conflict with the protection in the device), it's just more dangerous. All batteries may experience catastrophic thermal fail, but when IMRs fail they vent (less dangerous) whereas ICRs may explode (much more dangerous). Also, IMRs are often "high drain" batteries which means that they support higher discharge rates. A 2200mAh (2.2A) ICR may only support a continuous load of 2.2 ampere (though many would support 1.5-2 times the battery capacity, in this case 2.25-4 ampere). How much current is drawn depends on the voltage provided and the resistance value (ohm) of the atomizer that is used (calculate here: http://www.crownaudio.com/ohms-law.htm). For example, a 1.2 ohm atomizer at 6 volts draws 5 ampere, which is more than the battery in the above example can support. The risk is that the battery then goes into thermal overload. It is thus important to know the supported current draw of the battery one uses (whether IMR or not), and preferably to use "safer chemistry" batteries such as IMRs and some hybrid chemistry batteries (many panasonics, samsungs, sonys). Get as much info on the batteries you intend to use.
#18 (permalink)      12/16/2013 3:43:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rafael1000
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Thank you so much for all these informations my friend ;-)
I am sorry, I have a few more questions for you if you're OK to answer ;-)

The fire button issue wasn't due to batteries finally? I am french so I have some troubles understanding every discussions in english, I do my best but it's not enough ^^

I just ordered my SVD, now I must buy a charger (nitecore i4 seems good, what do you think? I can also take the i2 but the price difference is just 5 USD...)

I heard that I can run the SVD with either 2 x 18350 or 1 x 18650, so I will buy 2 x 18650 batteries and 1 x 18350.
What battery models would be the best with the itaste?
I wanted to buy Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mah ( http://www.smart24.net/Panasonic-NCR18650B-3400-mAh-unprotected.html ), but since it's not IM, do you think it's risky to take this model?
If you can tell be the best 18650 and 18350 to order (for maximum autonomy without havind my SVD exploding into my hand), it would be very kind of you, I am lost, I admit...
And If you know a website where I can find the best choice of 2 18650 and 2 18350 for a good price (fasttech isn't selling batteries anymore), it would be really PERFECT :-)
I hope I don't bother you with my questions, I never had an e-cigarette but I am ready to start vaping with Iclear 30s (2.0 ohm atomizers).

Best regards, and thank you again !
#19 (permalink)      12/17/2013 1:04:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rafael1000
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Can I use these batteries? http://dx.com/p/panasonic-ncr18650b-3-7v-3400mah-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-black-green-2-pieces-180030

And for the 18350, what should I use here?
http://dx.com/s/18350?categoryId=400
#20 (permalink)      6/4/2014 4:46:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
john1970
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Two months ago I bought one and I svd after 20 days daily use had a problem on the button. present all reported problems.
It's a shame for such a construction unplug continuation problems. I think it's a useless purchase. I personally have not recommended market.
I have got a coolfire 1 and sends this problem button.
#21 (permalink)      6/8/2014 1:23:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pix333
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
My svd would not work so I took all the plastic off the battery
And inserted it again ... Instantly it heated up the bottom cap
Untill it was so hot, I panicked and unscrewed it fast ...
On inspection I saw the bottom cap had melted the rubber insert and now I can't get a connection so trying to get a connection I put the same battery (all cooled down) back in but positive first this time and wow no problems and still going 5 hours later ... Which now leads me to belive that the instruction Manual may be wrong and the way it says to insert the battery is incorrect... So positive in first and mine is ok