Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Black or Mirror LCD Screen?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/15/2013 6:58:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SoCalDan
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Black or Mirror LCD Screen?
Just wondering if the full kit SVD comes with a dark black or grey mirror LCD window? I have been through two defective express kit SVDs, both of which had the dark window. Curious if there is any difference between the unit included in the full kit and one in the express kit.
#2 (permalink)      10/15/2013 8:37:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3812
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2989
no its a dark mirror i have the full kit
had no probs with mine?
I told you so !free at last
#3 (permalink)      10/15/2013 9:18:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hellhound
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 1064
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1392
I think it depends on the "Age" of the SVD ... my "personal" SVD has a Grey Mirror screen (its about (maybe) 6 or 7 Months old).................but the ones arriving now for my customers are (as foxey says) dark mirrored Screens

HH
I am somewhat of a bullshitter myself but occasionally I like to listen to a real Pro, Please, do carry on
#4 (permalink)      10/15/2013 9:57:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2966
For reference: my express (bought in June) came with the black plastic screen. Not mirrored.

The image set for the express on here are contradictory, showing both grey mirrored & black plastic....

the image set for the kit seems to show the grey mirrored and dark mirrored types - but no plastic.

Edited on 10/15/2013 at 9:58 AM. Reason: confusing
#5 (permalink)      10/15/2013 10:22:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3812
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2989
its the camera, not the svd, if i hold a piece of white paper in front of mine, it looks grey mirrored too!
in off mode it looks chrome mirror.. when you turn on and blue leds on background is black.:)
I told you so !free at last
#6 (permalink)      10/15/2013 7:58:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JohnnyMac
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2012
  • Posts 595
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos791
I have the express version and the screen is plain black plastic with no mirror effect.
Visit http://thevapingforum.com and join our family. :)
#7 (permalink)      10/16/2013 3:42:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Harli
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Hey SoCalDan; I received my SVD (full kit) about a month ago and mine is also defective. (It cuts off in mid vap, heats up and makes my liquid taste brunt (even on low watts and volts) and the power button has a short in it. Did you get yours from FastTech? I have the smoked or brown glass also. I contacted FastTech for a RMA and instead they asked if I could fix it and they would give me a $3.00 discount. Is that normal?
#8 (permalink)      10/17/2013 3:06:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SoCalDan
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Well I ordered the full kit anyway, I'm going to give the SVD one more chance. I'm looking forward to trying the iClear 30s they sound pretty decent from the reviews I've read.

I got my Express kit from FastTech. The first one was missing the spring in the center post connection and wouldn't make contact with half of my atomizers. The second one had a good center pin but after a couple of weeks the LCD shorted out, causing half the segments to stop working. Both had the black plastic LCD window, no mirror finish. I noticed a couple of subtle differences between the two, most noticeable was the top beauty ring. On the first one the threads were very short, and it fully screwed down with only a couple of turns. On the second one the threads are normal and it takes several turns to screw it down. Not a big deal of course, but it does show variation from unit to unit.

I agree with Hellhound, probably the older units have the grey mirror screen while the newer ones have the plain black plastic.

Harli that doesn't sound normal...how are you supposed to fix it? Maybe they are confused about the problem or something. Are you within the return window? I would ask again for an RMA. Customer Service has been outstanding with the two I returned.

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 3:08 PM. Reason: