Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Your preferred Voltage and wattage settings?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/6/2013 12:46:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos50
+1 details
Your preferred Voltage and wattage settings?
I have only been vaping for about 2 weeks now and haven't touched a cigarette in that time, I am hooked.

Since I am new to this I was wondering what others use for Voltage and Wattage settings?

I know it varies based on the juice and ohms of your tank. I use 3.8V and 7.5 watts with my iClear 30's and ProTank I and II, depending on juice though I sometimes bump up the wattage to 8 or 8.5. Both the iClear and ProTank's are 2.5 ohm coils.

I am hoping more experienced SVD users will share there settings so I can try to refine my settings further.

I do have the link for the vaping power chart: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png So it looks like my settings are safe.
#2 (permalink)      9/6/2013 1:06:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bumbleballs
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 1235
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos1345
+1 details
hi, its very subjective what your actually asking, its all down to what you personally like = happy vaper :) but seens you have asked, lol,my settings are very similar to yours. its down to trial and error to finding your own vaping "sweet spot". just my own personal experience but ive found SOME "delicate/subtle" flavours eg liqua strawberry tasted better at low watts (around 6)... but some of the dekang tobaccos i vape i burn at higher watts (around 8-9) the flavour seems to come alive when burnt hotter for me :)

i must stress though that what will be good for one person..maybe awfull for another.. ive used the vaping chart above when i was first starting out as a guide..but then through own trial and error found my own settings for certain juices.

sorry i couldnt be of much more help, but your own vaping "sweet spot" COULD be very different to mine :)

so.. trial and error = urgh! ive just burnt the juice so turn it down on the settings or... ummm nothings coming out of my mouth/no flavour when i vape = turn up the settings :) my advice start LOW settings then work up ;)

regards and happy vaping :)
#3 (permalink)      9/6/2013 1:30:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos50
+1 details
Thanks for the reply Bumble.

I think I am finally getting the hang of it, at first it was a little frustrating and didn't know what I was doing. I am pretty sure I burnt one of my iClear coils already, has a burnt taste all the time now. Luckily they give you 3 replacements and the new coil is vaping just fine.

Thanks again and happy vaping to you too!
#4 (permalink)      9/6/2013 1:58:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2966
I always start ANY atomiser/cartomiser off on a very low voltage...

to break them in slowly and because the rated ohmage isn`t always accurate...
so I turn up the voltage slowly until it`s "just right" for that specific atomiser.

2.5ohm protank type coil end up around 3.7-3.8v

3.0ohm cartomiser ends up around 4.0-4.5v <<< see the difference for coils that are "identical"

coils wound slightly differently, or carto wadding packed a little tighter can make a lot of difference between one and the next...

Just .1v too high on a protank coil can make all the difference between OK and burning wick :)

Edited on 9/6/2013 at 2:17 PM. Reason: ...
#5 (permalink)      10/10/2013 10:51:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
QSeNs
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos125
My own experience after receiving the SVD kit.

There are 2 heads provided but for some reason, in my case, they have a different resistance (2.2 and 4.1).

For the 2.2 head i like to vape at 3.5V and 4W. I've got a nice taste and a lot of vapor.
If i increase either the power or the voltage then the taste is way too strong and tend to burn a bit.

For the 4.1 head i increase the voltage to 4V and it's quite fine.

The 2.2 head is so much better tho. I don't understand yet why they'd have a different resistance but hope to find out.. lol
Also, the taste and vapor levels seem to depend a lot on the liquid you use.

Dekang Mint -> Fair taste / low vapor
Dekang Vanilla -> Fair taste / low vapor
Dekang Cherry -> Strong taste / high vapor (love it)

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 4:14 AM. Reason: Incorrect information
Simple pictures of FT products i bought: http://tinyurl.com/nly5p2l
#6 (permalink)      10/11/2013 1:55:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos50
Did you mean 3.5V instead of 2.5V? The lowest my SVD will go is 3.0V
#7 (permalink)      10/11/2013 4:11:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
QSeNs
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos125
Oeps!
You're right! I meant 3.5V and 4V. (Edited my previous post)
I'm curious how it works for you?

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Edit
Simple pictures of FT products i bought: http://tinyurl.com/nly5p2l
#8 (permalink)      10/11/2013 2:49:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos50
3.5V is OK but 4 watts is too low for me but it depends on the juice your using. Dekang liquids are a little harsh to me so I might prefer those at a lower wattage. With my main juices though I prefer at least 6 watts minimum if I am at 3.5V and 6.5 to 7.5 watt at 3.8 V.

I think everyone is going to have a different setting though, there is no right and wrong just as long as your not burning juice and coils.
#9 (permalink)      10/14/2013 5:38:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KennyG
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 94
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos33
The volt and watt settings don't affect each other. That is to say, if you're in VW mode it does not matter what volt-setting you're on, and vice versa. However, this allows for two different "power settings" to be "programmed" on the SVD. For example, having the VW set to 9W and the VV to 3.4, and you can switch between high and low power to the atomizer with a simple double-button press and hold :-)