Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Variable Wattage
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/27/2013 6:46:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vindicator
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
Variable Wattage
Since this is a variable wattage device does that mean i can use whatever Ohm coils i want in the device and it will automatically calculate the voltage? Also will i get the same performance out of the different resistances if the wattage stays the same?

vindicator marked this question as answered on 8/27/2013 at 8:20 PM
Answer
Bigbuddha74
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos80
Pretty sure by using in the "wattage" mode, the SVD will detect the ohms of the atomizer and fire at the corresponding voltage. It does detect ohms, as it will likely not fire anything below 1.5 ohms. Its an either/or type thing, either VV, or VW.
#2 (permalink)      8/27/2013 7:13:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlexMci
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 137
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos74
No this mod does not automatically set voltage for you. It shows an output of what ohm your coil is. It's up to you to set voltage and wattage according to your taste, or what the juice your using likes. It can be locked at whatever voltage and wattage you set it to. I just recieved on 2 weeks ago, but I'm sure that some of the more expierienced posters on here will be able to explain it better to you.
#3 (permalink)      8/27/2013 7:52:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
peter21457
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 489
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos685
+1 details
Hi Vindicator here is a chart just copy and paste link below. you can work it out what you need to do by looking at this , it's easy to understand to.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png
#4 (permalink)      8/27/2013 10:14:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hellhound
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 1064
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1392
+1 details
peter21457 PISS OFF annoying members you IDIOT ... go play with a nice big bus ...

vindicator my apologises for the IDIOTIC post above this .... He's an escaped Lunatic ... Please go to the Vaper section & see this post >>>>>The "I need a little help thread"

that post & its contents were compiled by the "MAIN" helpers on here (myself included) .... pay NO ATTENTION to that "Peter" Lunatic....... they are at this moment heading to his home to put him in a Straight jacket & sling him in a padded cell ...

HH

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason:
I am somewhat of a bullshitter myself but occasionally I like to listen to a real Pro, Please, do carry on
#5 (permalink)      8/27/2013 11:55:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vindicator
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
so what is the difference between voltage mode and wattage mode? voltage with ohms gives you watts. why is there a wattage mode?
#6 (permalink)      8/27/2013 1:25:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bigbuddha74
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Pretty sure by using in the "wattage" mode, the SVD will detect the ohms of the atomizer and fire at the corresponding voltage. It does detect ohms, as it will likely not fire anything below 1.5 ohms. Its an either/or type thing, either VV, or VW.
#7 (permalink)      8/27/2013 2:06:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MalkavNO
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos116
I have one of these so maybe I can help? If you set it to a number in wattage mode, it will automatically adjust the voltage depending on the ohm of your atomizer. Sort of an automatic versus manual transmission. If you change to an atomizer with a different ohm it will change the voltage for you so you always have the same watt output. The lowest ohm I could get it to fire is 1.2 ohms.
#8 (permalink)      8/27/2013 2:37:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vindicator
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
i have it too, i just want to make sure it does actually "calculate" the voltage automatically. it sounds like the best mode to use for this or any avp would be wattage mode. then you can put whatever coils you want on it and not have to worry about damage. thats awesome and according to that chart from www.discountvapors.com/resistances just set the device between 6-8 watts and enjoy or experiment at your own risk.

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 2:46 PM. Reason: url
#9 (permalink)      8/27/2013 2:44:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MalkavNO
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos116
Yeah, 6 to 8 watts to begin with is a very safe zone. What the "zone" is for you is very much dependent on several things; like your wick, how you wrap your coil, what tank or dripper you use and what juice you are using. Then it still depends on how warm of a vapor you want. It takes some experimenting to find the sweet spot. :)
#10 (permalink)      8/27/2013 7:06:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BigKen
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos15
Not trying to hijack the thread but I could not post a new thread for some reason. I have a question. Other than the attys that come with this kit, what is the advantage over just the basic mod for $37? I understand that it has 2 tubes in the kit, but the one with just one tube says it will take the same batteries. Is that correct? Thanks!

~BK
#11 (permalink)      8/27/2013 8:22:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vindicator
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
+1 details
$37 kit comes with small tube and no tank, the $60 kit comes with small tube, large tube, 2 tanks and 3 spare coils