shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Think I Will Stay Away From This One.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/4/2015 4:14:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iklrmn
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Think I Will Stay Away From This One.
Read many stories regarding the fire button going bad within six months time or less. Not worth the risk.

Edited on 9/6/2015 at 4:40 PM. Reason: Better Informed
#2 (permalink)      9/4/2015 4:55:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
L_Rieder
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1604
  • Reviews 156
  • Kudos1019
Friend of mine had one of these - said it was one of the best he'd ever used.
#3 (permalink)      1/29/2016 10:50:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
Truly is my favorite. Very solid. Had mine for over a year and thinking of grabbing a spare.
Nextiny - LeMagister - Russian 91 - Kayfun 4 - Dragon Ball - Innokin SVD Deluxe
#4 (permalink)      1/31/2016 7:52:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos90
+1 details
The fire button on mine went out after about 2 months of casual use. It was a very solid mod otherwise and makes a great paperweight now ;)
#5 (permalink)      2/2/2016 8:07:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dartanbeck
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos35
That's a bummer.
I'm in celebration mode now. With this incredible sale I've just got another one!
Seems the whole planet is starting to vape out of ugly boxes. I want to stock up on these awesome little light sabers so that I never ever have to put my beautiful stainless RTAs on some awful box!

FYI: The more expensive kit is totally worth the extra coin. It comes with the extra tube which looks better (to me) when using 18650 batteries, even though the short one still looks fine. It (the more expensive kit) also comes with two iClear 30 clearomizers with three additional replacement coil/wick packs - essentially five iClears. Whether or not you like the look of the iClear 30, it is an excellent vape! Kind of a Genesis Clearomizer with a top-end dual coil allowing for top filling. So you just vape along and squirt in some more juice right from the top. Perfect for busy people! :)
Nextiny - LeMagister - Russian 91 - Kayfun 4 - Dragon Ball - Innokin SVD Deluxe
#6 (permalink)      2/15/2016 7:48:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Emrye
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
The fire button is not broken, he gets no more contact. take battery out of the SVD, spray the fire button for 2 or 3 seconds from the outside with a contact spray. Then strong blow on the fire button or with compressed air strong the fire button spray it in the contact spray to the fire button and can be distributed among them. A few times press the button and then let it rest. If necessary, repeat again. For me, the SVD runs since with no problems
#7 (permalink)      2/20/2016 11:45:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos90
False. That does not fix the malfunctioning SVD fire button. It's clearly an innokin design flaw because of the sheer number of people stuck with defective SVDs.

Comparing this innokin antique to a modern high tech box mod is rather silly since they do different things, like go beyond 12 watts for instance. Or fire consistently as one expects. Supply and demand is in your favor since there are boxloads of SVDs sitting on the shelf. Wonder why that is ;)

Edited on 2/20/2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      3/7/2016 1:44:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hoggy
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
The first one of these that I bought circa 2013/2014 was and still is fine. However the 2nd one I ordered around the same time period I had to send back right away because of the fire button. The SECOND, 2nd one worked for many months or maybe year(s) but is now wonky like people mention.. It kinda/sorta works if pressed at the edges, or EXTREMELY hard if in the middle, but has issues either way - turning the button seems to either help or hurt the situation.

The 1st one has what I call a FIRM button - once click is heard, there is no further play. The fire button area needed contact cleaner recently, but after that it's been working flawlessly - like new.

The second two had/have what I call a MUSHY button - after the click is heard/felt, it can still be pressed further. Several attempt at using contact cleaner haven't done anything at all about it. I'm currently looking for how to fix it.. And I may in fact buy the 2.0 instead. I mainly vape at about 8-10 watts, so either would be fine for me.

However it sounds like the remaining stock of this first version may have the mushy button - to which I think I'll pass if that's the case.

I wonder how many of the long-term working ones ALSO have a FIRM button, and how many bad ones have the mushy..??

Edited on 3/7/2016 at 1:56 PM. Reason: