shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Yet another fire button fail
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/20/2014 10:28:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kiora
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos7
Yet another fire button fail
I've had my SVD since April, (2014) so it's only 4 months old and the fire button's completely had it now. It still clicks, but obviously doesn't connect with the pathetic circuitry board underneath. (I've tried raising the centre pin to no avail.) It's such a shame as it was great while it was working and I loved it. It started misfiring a while ago, then randomly turning itself off, which was a pain, but at least it would turn back on again within a few seconds.
I take good care of my mods and still have every VV and mechanical I've ever bought and they all work, even my original black lava tube, the SVD is the only one that has ever let me down. Fortunately, I have my SMOK SID to fall back on, I Like VP mods now) but as money is tight, I have to stick with the cheaper mods, so I suppose you get what you pay for. I'm pretty much a chain vaper when not busy, so that doesn't help!
Unfortunately, I didn't buy my SVD from Fastech as I hadn't come across this website when I bought it.
I don't know now what to buy now, my SID doesn't produce the vapour like the SVD did. I don't like vamos, they don't appeal. I've tried a sigelei Zmax (V1) and found it got scarily hot in use.
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced more reliable 18650 VP mod gratefully received please from some more experienced e.cig users. Sorry to be asking for the probably non-existent, :( but that's typical of us women, some of us anyway! ;)
#Celebratethevape
#2 (permalink)      7/20/2014 10:54:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pickles
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2200
  • Reviews 58
  • Kudos2230
You sure it's not just dirty? Mine would randomly turn off and not turn on again until I removed and re-inserted the batteries. I have been using it heavily since March. It was doing this randomly for a few days, then it got really bad.

I disassembled everything and cleaned all connecting parts and it has been working flawlessly for 3 or 4 days now.

Is it just the fire button? Do the others work or does the entire unit just shut down?
#3 (permalink)      7/27/2014 11:47:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kiora
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos7
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply to yours, I've been on holiday. I clean it regularly, so it's not that. The fire button still clicks, but that's about all. The other buttons don't work as I can't get it to turn on, but strangely, when the batteries are first inserted and the bottom cap's screwed in, the display lights up for a second, as it does on the SVD. Really weird. At the moment it's been sent to a mutual twitter follower who's kindly taking a look at it for me, so fingers crossed. :)
#Celebratethevape
#4 (permalink)      9/7/2014 2:34:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 937
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos590
Try some different unprotected "premium" batteries (Panasonic, Sanyo, Sony, etc), the protected (and cheap generic kind) usually don't work well in these.
Peace be with you ...
#5 (permalink)      9/15/2014 8:05:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Garbsener
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 237
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos57
you dont have to put protected batteries in a VV/VW mod! there electornics protection will fight with the protection of the battery and MAYBE harm ur mod.....