shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Fire Button Failure ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/12/2014 2:18:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2963
Fire Button Failure ?
Anybody else had the fire button break or stop working properly ?

I`m not looking for a fix but out of curiosity wondered what the failure rate was for the fire buttons.
#2 (permalink)      6/12/2014 3:26:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quickbot
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 133
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos23
every starting e-cig that ive had, they all had problem with button. Some of juice flooding, some just didnt fire after a while, thats whi i dont buy these kinds any more. But prolly im just trolling this thread.
#3 (permalink)      6/19/2014 6:12:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ANDRESR
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos4
+2 details
I also have problems with the button only works well by clicking on the top or bottom edge, but consistently fails in the middle.
#4 (permalink)      6/19/2014 11:52:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Yet_another_dude
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 526
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos311
+1 details
My SVD from last year still has perfect fire button but 510 threads from hell (should've had it replaced while I still could!).

The successor from this April had a power button with a mind of its own and is being replaced by FT. Often unresponsive while at other times shutting off after single press etc. The ring near the top looked quite scratched already upon arrival so one wonders where it was built...
Yad
#5 (permalink)      6/19/2014 12:10:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dim_k
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos17
+2 details
I got my SVD last October and had been using it daily until mid-May this year. It didn't fail or anything, I just put it aside because I switched to mechs.

The button has always been kind of erratic --needs a firm press dead center-- but once I got used to it, it kept firing properly 99% of the time, and it's still going strong.

Just out of curiosity VaperUK, how long have you been using your SVD till the button failed?
#6 (permalink)      6/19/2014 12:40:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
selz44
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 348
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos93
+2 details
My SVD, The middle digital number on the screen stopped working.
#7 (permalink)      6/19/2014 1:07:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2963
+2 details
I bought it here last September, used it for a week or two - didn`t like it from the start so quickly put it aside, unused.

Then a couple of months ago gave it to my sister to use - she`s a light vaper and has other things to use so she didn`t use it a lot, but recently told me that it hasn`t been working properly "for a few weeks now"

So I`d guess at about a month or two of actual use.

The problem was it had lost it`s "click" and needed pressing very hard to make it work - sometimes it wouldn`t work at all.

Edit:
I did have a look around at other forums with the same problems and saw it was a very small and cheap microswitch, so it`s not surprising it was able to fail so quickly.

Edited on 6/19/2014 at 1:09 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      6/20/2014 6:24:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dim_k
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos17
+2 details
Thanks for the reply VaperUK. I remember finding a post in which a guy compared a stripped out SVD circuit with the circuit board of another mod and commenting on the switch quality (too thin and too long). Should have remembered and mentioned this in my post.

Regards,
Dimitris
#9 (permalink)      6/20/2014 6:52:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2963
+2 details
It was probably the same thread I saw, I was unable to get the top off to check so I just threw it into the trash.

The switch is probably the most abused part over it`s lifetime on an item such as this - a lot will obviously last a lot longer but it`s definitely not something I would want a manufacturer to be cheap about when sourcing parts.
#10 (permalink)      6/30/2014 5:32:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
susah
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 171
  • Reviews 90
  • Kudos23
Me too have same problem. Is there any way to fix it. It does not "klick" anymore. Can it be openned?
Shadow
#11 (permalink)      6/30/2014 7:53:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HighPlainsVaper
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos90
+2 details
My authentic SVD worked great for about 4 months and now the fire button won't fire. It clicks but won't light up or fire. The fire button is defective and I would advise anyone to NOT buy the SVD or the clone. This is a known defect and just Google it to find hundreds of similar stories about the defective SVD fire button.

If you own the SVD and the fire button still works, it is only a matter of time before the faulty fire button stops firing. It will eventually happen. Too bad because otherwise this is a well made product. However, it is completely useless if it won't fire. There are too many other good vaping devices to throw money away on the SVD.