shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

changed for the worse since mid-2013 version?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/10/2014 7:19:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tolgraven
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos3
changed for the worse since mid-2013 version?
I bought an SVD in june and loved it to bits. Sadly it got stolen and I bought a new one. In some ways the new one is definitely better, for example the pin being spring-loaded instead of awful and prone to breakage like the old one.

But in other ways I can't really wrap my head around it. It feels slower, sluggish, when turning it on and off or changing power output. And the fact that you can't turn it off while the display is on is quite annoying. Like for example, I press a button to check if it's on before putting it in my pocket, turns out it is, now I have to wait 2.5 seconds before I can actually turn it off. Tiny thing really but annoys me to no end and has lead to a bunch of ruined atomizers from me not managing to shut it off properly when in a hurry. Used to be able to operate it without looking at the display which isn't really the case anymore.

The leds in the button aren't as bright either so it's harder to see how you're battery is doing while using it during the day.

Anyone else had both an older and a newer one and noticed the same things?

Edit: all the buttons are way less responsive and have to be pressed harder to register as well but I reckon that's just bad luck with my particular unit.

Edited on 3/10/2014 at 7:22 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/11/2014 1:50:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sufie
Staff
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6376
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6032
tolgraven, sorry to hear this issue. We have examined the inventory and found no above reported button register issue.

To turn off the mod, you need to quickly click the power button three times, the digit screen will show "off" and the battery will turn off.

Please open a ticket so we can replace or refund the item as per your require. Thank you.

Edited on 3/11/2014 at 2:22 AM. Reason:
**Please post your order number** when asking order specific questions. Thank you.
#3 (permalink)      3/11/2014 3:21:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_Matt
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos201
+1 details
Its the buttons! I have had 2 SVD's with buttons that stopped working intermittently before dying completely. Same thing happened to my MVP as well until the battery in it melted down.
#4 (permalink)      3/11/2014 9:27:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tolgraven
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos3
Cheers sufie, I don't have any other decent devices right now so not really keen on sending it back and waiting for a replacement. The buttons not being responsive isn't that big an issue anyways - just have to press them firmly. And I do know how to turn the unit off ;)

It's the fact that the SVD isn't able to do "two things at once" anymore that irks me! Like turning it off straight away after checking if it's on, or checking the voltage after adjusting the power - stuff like that. Always have to wait until the display turns off or it won't register my button presses. I'm just assuming that's how they're made these days, or could it just be my unit?