shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

First Mod?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/14/2014 12:24:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
Yeah I will be pretty dang antsy waiting on half my order to get here but if I had one set of batteries with the mod I could be content for a bit longer. I don't think you're that far off from me here in the states if I read your tracking on the other post correctly. I'm in northern AL. I was quite surprised to see my last order just updated to despatched overseas today! I did get some liquid to try. It was cheap and I if it stinks I'll give it away! I wasn't expecting the update so soon since I think my last order took forever to update but yeah I know not to expect it anytime soon but want to take all precautions to at least safely assume it should be arriving.

I'm not new new to vaping. I've been using an ego style for about 5 months & mostly ce4s because they've wicked the best but leak horribly. I just am now getting into the MODs in such. There's really no education around here about the finer details of vaping and honestly, I don't think most of these places know anything beyond screwing a coil in a tank, filling it with juice, and sticking it on a battery. I guess if that works for you great but I need something better as I've said I've had a lot of issues since I've started vaping. I almost quit after 2 weeks because of the dang bottom coil I had! Thankfully I stuck with it and read up and was able to find something that worked for me. I've been getting my liquids locally but a lot of sites are starting to pop up with some really good prices so I'm going to start checking them out because the shop I go to just doesn't have enough liquids that I like. They're cheap but I'm starting to find them even cheaper. My next adventure is going to be learning to make my own juices.
Are you the product of the "No Child Left Behind" act?
#12 (permalink)      2/14/2014 1:05:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
Yup I'm in GA so we are close.

Some liquids don't always taste good right off the bat so you may have to let them steep.

How To Steep Fresh Juice for the Best Flavor

More videos on Steeping liquids.

Yeah I make some of my own juices already as it makes it much cheaper. The videos above work for home brews to.

We have other threads here that may interest you here: Beginners & Beyond topics

How do you ? Steep yer DIY juices !

Edited on 2/14/2014 at 1:32 AM. Reason:
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#13 (permalink)      2/14/2014 2:44:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't born & raised here but definitely have been here long enough to call it home. I wouldn't fit in where I'm from nowadays or most places for that matter Lol! It's a whole different world in the south unless you're in a very large city. Unfortunately, my closest city has gotten pretty rough. The murder rate this year alone is unbelievable for such a small city.

I'm worried about the liquids now because I didn't really think about the possibility of it over steeping while in shipping. I doubt it would be that bad but who knows how long it sat before it was shipped. Oh well, It's not like I'm out a lot of money & if I do find something I like I have a great price point to shop at. I'm really finicky about my juices. I can taste a lot chemicals in them that most people can't taste. I have found myself liking a lot of flavors that I would've never thought I'd like & hate most of the flavors I thought I would love. I have a lot of bottles of juice that tasted great when I tried them at the store but after steeping a week or two they're awful but I keep them to mix them if I find something to mix it with. I also have some that sounded great but just weren't it when I got them. That's the downside of shopping online & the reviews mean very little since everyone has a different experience. When I got my first kit I only wanted tobacco flavors & they were all too sweet but I decided on 1 & got a cappuccino flavored one for a morning vape. I used one tank of the tobacco flavor & then used my whole bottle of cappuccino! I only used my tobacco one when I ran out of cappuccino. I really thought the only way it would work is with tobacco flavors so I was quite surprised I liked the others.

I think having the capabilities to make my own would be cheaper & I can "fix" a lot of my juices that aren't working for me. I really want a sweet cappuccino like my first e juice I had but I've yet to find anything even close to it.
#14 (permalink)      2/14/2014 7:22:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
Ok, just a few more questions! I'm trying to get it all done at once so I'm not having to wait another month for something I need when my MOD arrives. You linked me to a sku of premaid coils. I was linked to some wires and wick in another thread. Am I better off just getting the premaid or coiling them myself or trying both? Is the sku you provided the same quality as the other? Will they wick a Vivi Nova?

You provided SKU 1593907
I was told about sku
1521300 for wire and SKU 1595604 for wick

I am debating on glass tanks as well. I was hoping to find something similiar to the size of the v5 that didn't hold a ton of liquid. I'm thinking about SKU 1425900 because I like the look of it, SKU 1582203, or SKU 1460304 because that's the only thing that would add some color since everythings chrome finish and wont match the SS maybe the chrome wont stick out as much with the color. Lastly, I do have the protank you mentioned in my basket too. It seems that all these have decent reviews except the V tank only has 1 review.
#15 (permalink)      2/14/2014 9:43:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
+1 details
You could get the other wick and wire as it will work to. Just more trouble to wrap your own really. But good to try if you want to keep learnng.

You can use a small machine screw to make your coils even if you choose to go that route. Both have NR/non resistive legs and will work well in all your builds for items mentioned (will not burn the grommets).

All the tanks you listed should work similar to the protank as they are all bottom tank coils and use pretty much the same atomizers.

Just remember dropping glass tanks will eventually make them break whereas polycarbonate is more durable. I have both kinds glass and poly. I only use glass if using tank crackers and most times I use them only at home as i have less chance of breaking them at home the when I'm out. I smoke menthol's mostly and the poly is just fine for my daily vape.

I made up a pretty good list gathered over the net of tank crackers you can check out here.

List of e-juices known to crack polycarbonate tanks

Edited on 2/14/2014 at 9:44 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      2/14/2014 10:33:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
+1 details
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and placed the order. I had to keep reminding myself that it's an investment. Everything looks ok accept a cheapo H5 tank I added to it so I would have a larger Poly tank. I needed a glass one because I only have one and it's a leaky protank mini. I wanted something for some liquid I'm wanting & is known to crack tanks but of course I find this out on a website not a local shop that's selling it. Thankfully they didn't have the nic level I needed. Their's were super low anyways but this was way too low for me. I don't plan to really take my Vamo out anywhere. I'd rather keep vaping on my ego when out and about. Plus I'm about to have a brand new one if they never find the one I sent in for replacement locally 2 months ago.

You've been a great help! I'll post in 2 weeks asking where my stuff is!
#17 (permalink)      2/14/2014 10:50:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
You may find the Vamo when using a single 18350 becomes a bit more compact then you may think. I use it on the go all the time in 18350 mode myself.

Here is a picture of my Vamo in 18350 mode up next to one of my 1100mAh EGO batteries (Tanks are 3.5ml Vivi Novas).

Edited on 2/14/2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      2/14/2014 10:58:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
OK, yeah that's nothing like I thought. It's still larger but that's not bad. It still wouldn't be something I could carry around but easy enough to keep in the console for my breaks. I might actually start using my 3.5 Vivi Nova that came with my 1300. I keep my egos on a lanyard and the beauty ring stops it from being on it unless I use an o ring to attach the lanyard with. As a newb it was more of a hassle when I got it so it went in a drawer to await the MOD!
#19 (permalink)      2/14/2014 11:14:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
Here it is again in 18650 mode with my my VTR added for comparison.

By the way the VTR weighs 13ounces so makes my Vamo feel very light when I switch back to it. I mean hell my Vamo seems like an EGO to me weight wise now and EGO now feel light as a feather. lol ;)

Edited on 2/14/2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      2/14/2014 11:18:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvrcraze
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 490
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos317
Yeah that was the reason I didn't want to go with a VTR and also the price point for my first MOD. I can grip my hand around the Vamo but not sure how comfortable the VTR would've been plus the added weight. And the Vamo makes an easier weapon!
#21 (permalink)      2/15/2014 9:28:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26871
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51312
Both are pretty good weapons but if I would have to choose which one would save my life it would be the VTR hands down. Balled up in your fist or used like a hammer it would definately be more efective. lol ;)

I have big hands so it is more discreet (at least in my hands it is).

Edited on 2/15/2014 at 9:29 AM. Reason: