shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

suggestion
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/11/2013 8:28:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nekdo12
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
suggestion
Please, AR coated lens and XM-L2 3C tint
#2 (permalink)      5/11/2013 9:49:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torger
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos0
Please, sell this driver circuit separately.
#3 (permalink)      5/11/2013 10:45:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ohaya
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos21
Hi,

There was discussion about the AR lens on BLF. Basically, they said that the AR lens (and the metal reflector) interfered with the Bluetooth signal, so that's why they chose to go with a non-AR lens and a plastic reflector.
#4 (permalink)      5/11/2013 9:49:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TSellers
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 207
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos48
I would hope that it would also work with Gingerbread 2.3 or higher, which I had to revert back to when tethering would not work properly with any ICS or JB ROMs. It would be nice if you could also turn it on via BT. For example if you had some IP cameras around you house, yard, garage, etc., you could login to them with your Android IP Cam app and then turn this light on, and then off again via BT. I suspect this is the start of many more BT lights that we're going to see in the near future?
#5 (permalink)      5/12/2013 1:20:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ohaya
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos21
TSellers,

I agree about GB.... I'm in somewhat of the same situation, with my tablet(s) on Gingerbread, and nothing beyond that. I was assuming that I'd have to settle for the Windows app, but I think that Jasmine said that they weren't restricting which Android version, but they were only testing the ones that they listed, so maybe there's hope :)!
#6 (permalink)      5/12/2013 2:22:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Werner
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 49
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos11
I can't imagine that an AR coating could interfere with a BT signal...?

I would also like to know how the lumens are measured? Just measured the current and looked up in cree datasheet?
#7 (permalink)      5/12/2013 3:39:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ohaya
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos21
Werner,

I'm *guessing* that the AR coating has some metallic content (again, just guessing), but I think that they said that the AR coating in COMBINATION with a metallic reflector caused problems with the BT signal.

I have no idea how they are coming up with the lumens. I'm guessing (again), that as you suggested, they may be taking the current vs. the existing T08 current (which I understand from BLF thread, is not using 7135s) and then extrapolating the resulting lumens from there. Again, that's a guess.
#8 (permalink)      5/12/2013 4:28:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TSellers
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 207
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos48
So the one thought that nags at the back of my mind is how long until there is more choice in this type of light. For example I can't see myself getting one until I can control the On-Off remotely via BT as well. I'd really like to see something like this in a headlamp as well to replace the PT NAOS with its 'reactive lighting' mode.
#9 (permalink)      5/12/2013 4:49:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ohaya
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 99
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos21
+1 details
TSellers,

Did someone from FastTech say that you can't control on-off? I probably missed that...

Also, I think that you'd look funny with a T08 strapped to your head :)!!

On BLF, when I was mentioning my misgivings about "is this the one?" someone reminded me that you can always wait around for "it", but then, you'd never get anything if that was the case.

I'm going through the same thing as you mentioned, but I'm slowly swinging back to the "maybe I should pick one of these up now" side myself. Nothing in particular has been said or happened to cause that... it's just more thinking on my part...

Good luck,
Jim