Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Best batteries?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/13/2013 11:19:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nitrox
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
Best batteries?
What are the best batteries to get for this light?
#2 (permalink)      9/13/2013 8:40:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broodmaster
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos8
Hello nitrox, these unprotected Sanyo's seem to be popular with most: Sanyo 2600. I have an S6 and there isn't room for a longer or wider battery. I got lucky finding these Sanyos in a malfunctioning laptop battery and they fit well. I plan to buy some additional pieces from FT. The Convoy S6 starts blinking when the voltage drops to <3V so this can help avoid discharging past the point of no return.
#3 (permalink)      9/14/2013 3:00:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nitrox
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
Hi Broodmaster, thanks for the advice. I am planning on using the S6 as a bike light as it seems to have good throw and flood as well as being nice and bright. How long are you getting from a charge with these batteries? I will get the Nitecore charger also.
#4 (permalink)      9/15/2013 10:15:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broodmaster
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos8
+1 details
I have an M2 with what I believe is the same driver as your S6. I ran the M2 with one of my used Sanyos for about 2 hours at the mid level (~1.47 mA). Here is my review: Convoy M2 I think you could get at least 2.5 hours out of a new battery. The M2 dissipates heat better than the S6 too, so that may affect your results. There are a number of reviews and articles on the Sanyo's, especially compared to Panasonics. I've read the Sanyo's will be replaced by another model... don't know when.
#5 (permalink)      9/16/2013 6:37:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nitrox
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
Too late, just ordered the S6 :-) Should be fine I only need about 40 mins run time. I think I like the look of the S6 better too. Thanks again!