shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Does not reach a 4.2v full charge
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/26/2013 8:40:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Elillc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos21
Does not reach a 4.2v full charge
Hi, my ego-t battery only reach to 3.71v at full charge (green light shown on charger). Is it defected? I just received it yesterday. Please help. Thanks!
To vape, or not to vape, that is the question.
#2 (permalink)      9/26/2013 11:22:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SASAN
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
Yes, mine go up 4,08 v is at large but two days!
#3 (permalink)      9/26/2013 11:38:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarkFll
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos46
+1 details
I found this for the ego-t. Maybe it'll help.

Starting with your EGO-T starter kit!

STEP #1: Charge the batteries!

The batteries in your EGO-T charger come with some battery power from the manufacture, but it is recommended to charge your batteries to full capacity before their first use.

MANUFACTURES CHARGING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW BATTERY:

Charge for 8 hours - continue charging even if USB charger light turns green
Remove and use for 20 minutes
Charge for an additional 1 hour
To charge the batteries you can use a standard USB plug from any computer, laptop, PS3, etc. use a wall outlet using the AC adapter. Charge time for a dead battery are approximately 2-3 hours.

NOTE: Not all USB ports are the same. It is recommend to use only USB ports that are directly connected to the computer and not extension USB ports. The voltage required for the USB charger may not be met by some laptop and extension USB connections.

- See more at: http://www.canadavapes.com/instructions/ego-t/#sthash.2dJ5yKPl.dpuf
#4 (permalink)      9/27/2013 12:44:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Elillc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos21
Thank you, MarkFll. I'll give it a shot.
#5 (permalink)      9/28/2013 2:31:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Elillc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos21
@MarkFll, I followed the instruction you provided, and I still got 3.7v using FT USB + wall charger. I am going to return it. Thank again for your help.
#6 (permalink)      9/29/2013 5:24:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dspark83
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I recieved 2 of these and they seem to take forever to charge. It's been on charge for well over 8 hours and still showing a red light. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any insights?
#7 (permalink)      10/2/2013 8:56:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
spiffy01
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos32
i received mine today, plugged it in to charge at my pc and the light turned green after about 10minutes.
#8 (permalink)      10/2/2013 12:08:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SASAN
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
Again, my experience my own battery 1300T climb to 4,08v I goes up to 4,2V but stops at 4,08V is the fifth charge that I let her 8 and 10 hours again the same.
Constantly illuminates in blue when charging is not the case with other companies such as batteries joytech
As for charging do four hours (from empty battery) until the green light and then goes off and the blue light button.

The own batteries e go 1300T to how many volts go;
#9 (permalink)      10/14/2013 9:41:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cunin
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos33
+1 details
I think those advices are still for the NiMh batteries with "dumb" chargers, the ones the keeps charging until you disconnect them manually. I've seen these suggestions for years since I had a NiMh cell phone, and they haven't changed when the Li-Ion batteries were released.
The chargers that you can find here and that comes with batteries, as well as the cell phone ones, stops giving electricity to the battery when it's fully charged (when the led goes green), so it's pointless to keep them going.

My guess for these differences is build quality of the battery inside and a lack of real quality control in the factories.
That's why some batteries are very cheap and others are times more expensive, even though they have the same performance on paper.

I bought one of these too and it's going to arrive this week, hopefully, so I'll test mine and report.
#10 (permalink)      10/20/2013 9:11:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cunin
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos33
Ok battery has arrived and I've tested it with 2 differently-branded 4.2V/420mA chargers (of course they don't have a brand stamped on them, but they look a bit different on the contacts and the sticker, so I guess they're from different factories).

With both of them the battery fully charges to exactly 3.7/3.73V.

I must add that it looks like the output is fixed, anyway, as in the internal circuitry keeps it at 3.7 during the whole charge-life, but I'll have to test it (depleting this battery may take long, fortunately :) ), so it's not like any other cheap 3.7V battery that can't keep 3.7 under load and it slowly decreases while discharging.

I'm going to do some more tests and report, but it's probably a 3.7V battery. Maybe it also depend on different batches, as mine is slightly different than the one in the photos here.
#11 (permalink)      11/3/2013 10:45:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lc123
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 37
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos7

Edited on 3/23/2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: old post