shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Help please
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/17/2013 8:37:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chum209
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 118
  • Kudos6
$3.55 rebate earned
Help please
What does it mean when I'm done charging and the light on the charger disappears , no light at all red or green
#2 (permalink)      9/17/2013 8:58:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NoodlesJoe
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1582
  • Reviews 94
  • Kudos1517
If the light go`s out after charging then its fully charged
some go off some just change colour.
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?
#3 (permalink)      9/17/2013 4:09:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DragonsDen
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 335
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos54
mine has always gone from red to green all 3 of them
#4 (permalink)      9/18/2013 8:29:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chris547
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 342
  • Reviews 75
  • Kudos123
@Chum
If you want to understand about lithium batteries then google battery university. My take on this is that they are very similar to atomisers, cartomisers and clearomisers. Never drain them too much and never fill them too full.

Once the charger with a battery inserted turns from red to green I always remove the battery.

The eGo batteries have protection circuits to stop them receiving or giving out too much energy. If you manage to over-ride this protection then its not going to be good.

When the green/red led on the charger flickers then your battery is almost full. When its green remove the charger from the battery.

They store and deliver your lithiums at 40% charge and so should we.

If the cell drains down too far you need a special boost charger to reset protection however these are not sold to the public.

The simple answer is to always carry a fully charged spare. At FT prices we can afford to do this!
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time.
#5 (permalink)      9/18/2013 8:47:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chum209
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 52
  • Reviews 118
  • Kudos6
Thanks a bunch guys!
#6 (permalink)      5/14/2014 6:46:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AUD11
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 235
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos70
+1 details
It would be good if FT sold eGo batteries, but they don't. They sell ego style batteries with cheap rechargeable batteries inside the barrels. I doubt very much if any FT battery has a protection circuit. Their chargers are also crap. Like all FT stuff, they have a very short built in life. I'm back using my old charger, bought over a year ago from elsewhere because after a week of using this one, light just stays on green and battery isn't charging.
#7 (permalink)      5/14/2014 6:52:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AUD11
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 235
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos70
CHUM 209.

This particular battery changes from red to green when battery is fully charged. if you are not getting a light, test a dead battery that you know is in need of recharging and plug it in for 3 hours. If the charger is working, the battery should also work, so it might just be a case of the light not working. If your battery doesn't work or works only for a very short time then like me, you've bought a dud.
#8 (permalink)      5/18/2014 3:12:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aikanae
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1178
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos419
I've also discovered that it can help to check the center pin of your battery too. Sometimes an atty will push them in just enough so they don't make good contact with the charger. Pulling the pin out a little bit solves that.
#9 (permalink)      10/18/2014 4:36:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
SKU 1859500

It is a handy device that will help diagnose most problems and give a good idea of a battery capacity.
It can hold data even when powered off, really usefull feature to have when testing power banks capacity while discharging it.

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 5:31 PM. Reason: