shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Correct me if I'm wrong...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/26/2014 10:13:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redfury23
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos41
Correct me if I'm wrong...
If I wire this into my box mod in between the chip and the 510, it will display the voltage output as well as complete the circuit for my atomizer right?
#2 (permalink)      10/27/2014 2:56:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patmurris
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 589
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos303
It will certainly display the output voltage, but i don't understand what you mean by "complete the circuit"...
My location: Nice, France.
#3 (permalink)      10/27/2014 3:13:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yorgen
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1644
  • Reviews 127
  • Kudos1581
+2 details
redfury23 wrote:

If I wire this into my box mod in between the chip and the 510, it will display the voltage output as well as complete the circuit for my atomizer right?

No.

Voltage is always measured in parallel, Current (amps) is measured in series.

You will want to wire this meter in parallel with the 510 +ve and -ve wires. Ie. Red wire to red wire, black wire to black wire, 'piggybacked' if you will into the existing circuit.

That's if you want to know what voltage output to coil is. If you want to use it as a battery voltage readout, the same applies except wired into +ve and -ve of the battery.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 3:17 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      10/27/2014 2:19:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redfury23
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos41
yorgen wrote:

redfury23 wrote:If I wire this into my box mod in between the chip and the 510, it will display the voltage output as well as complete the circuit for my atomizer right?No.Voltage is always measured in parallel, Current (amps) is measured in series. You will want to wire this meter in parallel with the 510 +ve and -ve wires. Ie. Red wire to red wire, black wire to black wire, 'piggybacked' if you will into the existing circuit.That's if you want to know what voltage output to coil is. If you want to use it as a battery voltage readout, the same applies except wired into +ve and -ve of the battery.

Thanks man that makes sense. I never realized voltage was only measured in parallel whereas current is in series but it completely makes sense. I appreciate you helping me with my dumb question!