Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Too many lights...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/7/2013 10:15:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
douayang
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2013
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Too many lights...
There are like 10+ different prices for the Convoy S2 and S3 lights... What are the differences?
#2 (permalink)      2/8/2013 3:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3422
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4434
The emitters and drivers are different. There are choices of emitter flux bin from T4 to U2 (U2 being the brightest) and color bin from warm to neutral to cool white.

Drivers range from 1050mA output to 2800mA output. The higher the output the more light (brighter) you get, at the expense of battery run time.
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#3 (permalink)      2/16/2013 3:26:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LightSeeker
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos0
The choices are great, it's nice to see a good store carry a selection of fairly customizable lights like these. It was nice to see some warmer tint options but would love to see a more moderate warm tint in there as well.
I think most people would like 4c (4c is ideal but 3c would be a good if 4c unavailable) and the 5c, the 7c is far too orange.
#4 (permalink)      8/6/2013 2:21:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
citruspers
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
+1 details
The variety of choice is what drew me to the Convoy line in the first place. It seems to be one of the few budget lights that offers both sensible modes (no blinkies), great tint options (from efficient cool to nice and warm) and a nice selection of driver currents (trading brightness for heat and battery life.

If anything I'd like to see more variants, with maybe some explanation of the difference between the models (for new buyers/non flash-a-holics).