Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Version 6
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/8/2014 4:28:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
warhawk
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 334
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos159
Version 6
Just got 4 of em in, all of em are Version 6, micro USB not mini

Edited on 4/8/2014 at 6:38 PM. Reason:
A vaper without a multimeter is like a mechanic without a wrench
#2 (permalink)      4/9/2014 12:24:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
warhawk
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 334
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos159
The Micro USB is a thru hole design, not the fragile soldered down SMD type that can pull loose, nope..these are thru hole soldered in VERY firmly!

Also the RProg resistor on the top side is 1301, or 1.3K, which means the TP4056 is pushing the full 1A into a single 18650, changing that resistor to a 2.2k or higher will drop the output current to ~500mA

Which is the EXACT SAME chip as in those USB Li Ion charger modules, HKJ did a review, at 1A the charge is slightly unstable due to overheating, he says at lower charge currents it is much more stable
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20TP4056%20UK.html

Edited on 4/9/2014 at 1:03 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      4/9/2014 6:53:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
warhawk
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 334
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos159
+1 details
Just found that these will not work as a "fixed battery" portable power pack (I put a piece of scotch tape to hold the battery in) The charger will go to sleep and unless the battery is removed and put back in, it will not start the output portion of the cycle.
#4 (permalink)      6/14/2014 4:41:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Schnarph
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 2621
  • Reviews 225
  • Kudos2406

Just found that these will not work as a "fixed battery" portable power pack (I put a piece of scotch tape to hold the battery in) The charger will go to sleep and unless the battery is removed and put back in, it will not start the output portion of the cycle.

Thank you very much for this information. Along with the "upgraded" 1A current I will not be purchasing one of these, which is a real bummer as it seemed to have all the features I was looking for initially.

Your advertisement here
#5 (permalink)      9/9/2014 8:49:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mandragoras
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
+1 details
You could use velcro instead of tape. Actually this is a great feature and thanks for mentioning. I wouldn't want the battery to drain for no reason. Also it would make the circuitry more safe compared to one that is constantly on, especially considering the safety issues that come along with unprotected lithium batteries.