Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Lookslike FastTech doesnt approve Custumers comments
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:22:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nostro
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5
+2 details
Lookslike FastTech doesnt approve Custumers comments
I'm sure that lots of people come to this section after their review was rejected by fasttech and THats why they keep selling this crappy torch. Don't take my word for it, buy it and you will see.

My review

It's a disgusting action by FastTech.
Answer
jenny
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3277
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos3680
Hello, nostro. Positive and negative reviews are treated equally. To ensure quality of content, we read all reviews. Reviews not meeting the quality of content guidelines are not posted. Please make your review informative and submit it again. Thank you.
I apologize in advance if my answers aren't specific enough-- in most cases I can't provide order specific help in forums. For more personalized answers, please open a support ticket instead. Thanks!
#2 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:26:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+2 details
Yeah, mine did the same (bought elsewhere some years ago). However I regularly publish negative reviews, and have them approved instantly. I think the issue here is that you gave so little information that your review is valueless. Where and how did it break? We're you using it to lever the lid off a paint can at the time? Did you fill it with zippo liquid instead of gas?

Joking aside, pen a more fulsome review, and it will go up, regardless of whether it's negative or not.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#3 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:28:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5484
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7128
+1 details
421 reviews with a 4.5 star average. Sounds pretty good to me.
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#4 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:30:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+1 details
Flame is weak? You do know you can set this to yellow and blue flame, right? It lasts four minutes? Do you mean that the gas refill is required every four minutes, or did it break four minutes into use? What exactly broke? Mine actually lasted a few weeks, and then suddenly a seal let go, and it vented.

Have you opened a ticket in order that FT can try and sort the issue? With an item of this value, there's a good chance that they will simply refund you under the DOA agreement, as it will cost less than return postage. You'll need to upload some pictures showing how and where it broke, but they will look after you if you don't use the same entitled vitriol you've demonstrated here.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#5 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:32:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26247
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21035
+1 details
I have a few of these from multiple vendors. They often need the switch arms and springs reseated. (easy to do)
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#6 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:34:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26247
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21035
+1 details
I doubt it is your problem: Weak flame can be caused by low butane level. Mine has a white tank when the torch is open I can visibly see the butane level.

Edited on 7/20/2015 at 4:41 PM. Reason:
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#7 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:35:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+4 details
Also, you've had good buying experiences according to your other reviews, and yet you lose your shit over a six dollar torch. You need a bit of perspective here. This is a Chinese company who sells to a price point. If you want a torch that will last for ever, then buy the Blazer PB207, which is what I use. I've had mine since they launched in the nineties, and it has never once let me down, but expect to pay thirty or forty bucks for it. FT actually have far better customer service than most companies I'm forced to deal with in the west, and killer prices.

Cut them some slack, and they will make good if they sold you a faulty product. We have all had our fair share of slightly iffy items from here, yet we still buy relentlessly - there's a reason for that.

Edited on 7/20/2015 at 4:35 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:36:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+2 details
Just as an aside, despite mine also going south, I'm tempted to trust my luck on another, as it was superb when it worked. It's a really nice little unit.
#9 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:38:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nostro
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5
The igniter didn't work in the 2º day, I could still use another lighter to turn it on (not a practical thing). I did use a lighter refill bottle, and the more I refilled it, 2º, 3º 4º times... each time I refilled the torch, it lost power. I didn't bother asking a ticket because I just assumed they wouldn't refund me because it came on working condition and well, if they were to refund all Chinese poor products for being poor quality they would go out of business. I'm just mad that they did that to my review (and its the 2º time they denied it, the first time I did a complete elaborated review and was still rejected)

I have no idea why FastTech defends this item but they defend it like it's gold and no objections are accepted hence why it has 4.5 rating

Edited on 7/20/2015 at 4:39 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:46:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26247
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21035
It sounds like each time you filled it more came out than went in. Open it up you may very well sort out your problems. The igniter arm or spring is off track and be darn sure you have butane in the tank.

Edit: I have had the exact same fill problems with certain torches and bottles.

Edited on 7/20/2015 at 4:48 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      7/20/2015 4:56:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nostro
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5
+1 details
My first review well... I would say pending since that time is rejected but well...

Vapor, I just a bought this torch called gold sword, not exactly the same size but didn't disappoint me yet since the gas lasts a lot longer

Edited on 7/20/2015 at 4:57 PM. Reason: