Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

What is this thing used for?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/15/2015 7:36:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

I keep looking at this and all I can think of is "rock"is this why people are buying this and its not for coils?/Stumped

Meth heads prefer something with a bigger tank. Still, if you got pulled over and the cops checked your gear and found one you'd probably be getting the rubber glove. I leave mine at home.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#12 (permalink)      5/15/2015 7:42:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hooxy
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1186
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos1520
Contrary to popular belief FT isn't just a vaping site, they do sell other non vaping related items for instance this is in: Electronic Components › Tools & Equipments section.

Under its details it states:
Welding mould
pipeline and removing paint
Repairing jewelry
melting frozen lockset

But it does have a vaping related use like mentioned above by other members.
The names Hoxxy (Typo when registering grrrr), I gave up smoking by vaping, 1yr later I was 0 nic, and now I don't even vape.
#13 (permalink)      5/15/2015 7:44:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
furcifernova wrote:

ShelaghStone wrote:
I keep looking at this and all I can think of is "rock"is this why people are buying this and its not for coils?/Stumped

Meth heads prefer something with a bigger tank. Still, if you got pulled over and the cops checked your gear and found one you'd probably be getting the rubber glove. I leave mine at home.

Fascinating!
Not up on exactly what meth heads do. I wasnt aware of the "method" used. I could be wrong but I dont think thats a big issue here in Toronto.
Never hear mention of it.
But I was looking at it and figured it was for crack (no i dont smoke crack but am aware of how its done) or perhaps even cooking under a spoon for other things.
Ok, so I now get its not related to that "topic"

from what I am reading here from a few it sounds to me as it was something used a bit in the past for coils, rather than today and likely before my time---as gianniso3 mentiones, before coiling jigs.

I just simply wrap around a screw driver and stick it the screws on a deck, quickl fire up if needed, squish together a bit IF needed and lift up a bit IF needed so Ive never really used any other tools for it...but then i just make simple single coils....Have seen some pretty obscure looking ones on their side and various positions so I cant comment on those.

Anyhow, fascinating.......I had it all wrong ;)

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#14 (permalink)      5/15/2015 7:46:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172

Contrary to popular belief FT isn't just a vaping site, they do sell other non vaping related items for instance this is in: Electronic Components › Tools & Equipments section.

yes i know and cant speak for anyone else but i have some page that opens up on my site naturally and it shows all the popular items but aside from this tool and a pair of apple like ear buds....so just assumed it was catered to what i was looking at----looked to see why it was on my page every day i opened it up and then i saw mention of coils......Couldn't quite figure out how this related to coils and wondered if that was just "code" for "other stuff" ;)

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#15 (permalink)      5/15/2015 8:00:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

But I was looking at it and figured it was for crack (no i dont smoke crack but am aware of how its done) or perhaps even cooking under a spoon for other things.

Has Rob Ford taught you nothing? :p

The crack cocaine as the kids call it vaporizes at 90 degrees Celsius, while the meth or "ice" vaporizes at a balmy 180 C. The crack heads therefore tend towards the Bic lighters. At least that's what I saw on TV.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#16 (permalink)      5/15/2015 10:11:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+3 details
You know the guy you're interrogating that just won't talk?

Yeah, it's for that guy... guaranteed to encourage a nice, long conversation.

;)

Or you could just hold it to your face, light it, and pretend it's a Cloupor mini...
#17 (permalink)      5/15/2015 10:17:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26247
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21037
I use one for soldering from time to time.
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#18 (permalink)      5/15/2015 11:49:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 5052
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos5594

furcifernova wrote:
Still, if you got pulled over and the cops checked your gear and found one you'd probably be getting the rubber glove.

Oh no, not the rubber glove!

Two wolves fight within us. One is evil, one is good. The one that wins is the one we feed.
#19 (permalink)      5/16/2015 4:35:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patmurris
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 589
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos304
+1 details
I have one in the kitchen to melt sugar on crème brûlée...
My location: Nice, France.
#20 (permalink)      5/16/2015 4:39:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Maui_Dave
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3603
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4101
I use a torch very similar to this one when doing electrical wiring I use it on Heat shrink tubing to insulate the wiring. And to remove solder when replacing wires. Not sure how good this one is, if it flames in a fine point or not.
Flashlights: I put in a battery and press the button, if I can see again they work. If not I replace the battery. If that doesn't work I strip it down and turn it into a vape mod and get a new light.
#21 (permalink)      5/16/2015 4:45:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
empiric
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 8376
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos2153
Also used on the vaping side to oxidize the surface of stainless steel mesh wicks, to make it non-conductive.
~ Whence do you come, slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?