Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Refilling torch
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/18/2014 3:03:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jartaine
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Refilling torch
Grrr. Ok, got that out. Can't refill mine. Switch is off, torch on a hard, flat surface, pressing container nozzle down vertically into the "gas" refill port. Butane spews out of can instantly and none into the torch. So, am I suppose to unscrew the refill port? That isn't mentioned anywhere and there are NO videos online of someone refilling this torch.
#2 (permalink)      5/18/2014 3:45:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10542
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8107
Hm no, works for me that way. Some gas spews out but at least 70% goes into the torch :)
#3 (permalink)      5/18/2014 4:03:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 1220
  • Reviews 83
  • Kudos776
+1 details
Had the same problem for a while. Eventually, I just pushed down harder and it filled (at least to a good degree) without having too much spray outside the unit. In my case I think it was a matter of technique. Hope that's the case with you. Also, when you do get it filled, remember that it won't start in the lighter mode. You have to start it in torch mode then switch to lighter. If I've got it set to high, it often goes out when you switch to lighter. Keep trying (for a while!

#4 (permalink)      5/23/2014 5:57:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jartaine
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos28
+1 details
As a follow-up, try a different brand of butane. Zippo or Ronson works like a charm. Must be how the nozzle meets the tank. Honestly, it is stupid how easy to fill this with Ronson versus the nightmare I had with the first "bargain" price can.
#5 (permalink)      5/23/2014 6:29:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2436
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2032
Mine works real sweet. I am using better quality 'BernzOmatic' Butane like Jartaine suggests. Cheap stuff is no good. Have to push firm to engage it will let you know by a little spilling out when full.

Get some good Butane and try some more it is a real nice pen torch for rebuilding coils.

Late,
#6 (permalink)      5/23/2014 6:53:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Alwinch
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 946
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos366
Mine works great also.
#7 (permalink)      6/12/2015 3:28:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
chad1980
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
I have the same problem with this "Lion-tools" green can of butane gas. It comes with 5 supposed adaptors but it still spills all the butane away until it freeze the refill port. Does it matter if I unscrew the refill port or does it helps in anything? What other brands beside zippo & ronson do you recommend?