shopping cart empty
Sub ohm? No worries... NOT
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/3/2014 5:07:27 PM   + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 325
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
1 kudos received details
Sub ohm? No worries... NOT
I've been using those extensively for more than a month in my Dingo and my Nemesis, with a 0.8ohm microcoil in a Russian and a Kayfun.

And I will stop doing it, thanks to Bizzarbenz.

You keep saying no heat no problem, this is incorrect. Inside the battery are layers of plastic film covered metals, this film is very thin and despite high quality control there will be a weak point in it somewhere. Repeated over drain will indeed eventually cause one these weak points too slowly melt allowing the layers to touch causing an internal short; the heat from hot spot would go unnoticed until the short manifest itself. Unlike an external short, once started an internal short cannot be stopped and happens quickly.

You are breaking down the film between the layers, eventually it will short, likely while charging as it is a constant current, as you likely also charge your batteries while you sleep or at work I only hope you live alone in isolated building. It's not only you that is being put in danger here friend, just keep that in mind.

And here's a paper supporting his claims.

Don't listen to the armchair battery scientists, only care about actual scientific data.

Edited on 2/5/2014 at 4:59 AM. Reason: I was wrong.
#2 (permalink)      2/3/2014 5:21:55 PM   + tips
Marms
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 212
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos147
9 kudos received details
Will you listen if they explode in your face?
Banbridge, Northern Ireland, UK.
#3 (permalink)      2/3/2014 5:30:45 PM   + tips
lightofjah
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 963
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos846
10 kudos received details
Please do not sub ohm on these its not worth it and the bad publicity when you blow your hand off will effectively kill vaping, in the EU they're looking for any excuse to regulate and tax ecigs out of existence I own these batteries and only use them in vv vw devices this guys advice will lose you a hand is it worth risking it?
#4 (permalink)      2/3/2014 5:53:30 PM   + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 325
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
^ These are the guys I'm talking about.
It's all about common sense, if your mod doesn't heat more than usual there's absolutely no way you're in danger.
I'm talking from experience here, not because I've read a few posts on a forum about how your head can explode, inciting complete paranoia among vapers.
Thousands of mech users, give me ONE case of battery disaster.
So again, 0.8 is good to go with these, just don't be stupid and chainvape like crazy.
#5 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:04:10 PM   + tips
Marms
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 212
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos147
8 kudos received details
There have been cases of lithium batteries exploding and going on fire in more devices than just e-cigarettes. The manufacturer of the batteries know more than any of us which is why i wouldn't exceed there recommended load.

People like Pafapaf shouldn't be allowed products like this because they haven't got the common sense needed to use them.
#6 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:11:06 PM   + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 325
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
3 kudos received details
No heat, no risk. Stop regurgitating false informations about a subject you know nothing about.
#7 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:14:33 PM   + tips
lightofjah
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 963
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos846
8 kudos received details
Common sense lol I'm not the one advising people to push li ion batteries to well beyond their limit and why risk it when 30amp batteries are a few dollars more on here, here's some advice for you when you get out of the bath why not dry yourself by stepping into a bonfire you might not die so its worth the risk right you will be dry, its like advising people to buy a lion because yours hasn't ripped your face off yet
#8 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:16:01 PM   + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 325
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
1 kudos received details
No heat, no risk. End of the story. Thanks for participating.
#9 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:17:43 PM   + tips
lightofjah
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 963
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos846
7 kudos received details
Can't argue with stupid just hope your stupidity doesn't harm someone
#10 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:19:12 PM   + tips
Marms
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 212
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos147
9 kudos received details
Overloading a lithium battery causes the internal structure to degrade until eventually it causes an internal short circuit, this is what causes an explosion, not heat.

But you know best so carry on, try and squeeze two of them into your mod at once for a bigger hit!!!

Edited on 2/3/2014 at 6:21 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      2/3/2014 6:21:23 PM   + tips
Marms
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 212
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos147
8 kudos received details

lightofjah
Can't argue with stupid just hope your stupidity doesn't harm someone

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to there level then beat you with experience.