shopping cart empty
SXK Billet Box problem..LEAKING..Lots of it.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/13/2021 7:28:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 318
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos63
SXK Billet Box problem..LEAKING..Lots of it.
Hey gang,

This is my first thread..(outside reviews or product discussion).. so bare with me please..

I can't stop my Billet Box from leaking... This is the newer 2020 black SXK version.. I carefully built and wicked the Kanger sub tank bridge... Leaked everything.. Twice...

Decided to just go right for the SXK Vapesnail... (Figured it would be easier than using a stock Boro and bridge setup..)
The same thing happened! ...I don't understand what the problem is with it..Now, i'm afraid I'm gonna end up drowning/ruining this Billet... Very unfortunate.,

I do have plenty of vape experience.., RTAs/RDAs, mech mods, sub tanks, MTL, DL, series builds, and ...AIOs....

I regularly use a Dotmod SE Aio daily... I also use an Ohm Vape AIO... I have not had any problems with either.. They both can take the same Boro/bridge setup... I have used stock coils, Ohm Vape rba, and the Ulton DotShell rba (that I'm using now..).
It has only leaked on me a couple times, faintly... The Billet, however, vapes and ohms out well.., BUT, the juice leaks right out when I leave it on its own... It doesn't just leak slightly or condensation leak, it all comes out.. It doesn't take long either... Maybe ten minutes after Im done vaping..
This is very upsetting and disappointing because I had high hopes for it... :/ Also, I already spent a lot more $ money for customizing; accessories, bridges, and even a second Billet Box (YTFK)..and these DNA versions aren't so cheap.

Please, if anyone has any advice, suggestion, trouble-shooting, tips, opinions, input, solutions.., etc.. Anything that may help.. Please respond.. I'm in desperation need of feedback. I can't understand where it might not be sealed? ..or what I may have left out..

Thank You for your time!
I appreciate your efforts..
-Tony

Edited on 1/13/2021 at 7:32 PM. Reason: Grammar
#2 (permalink)      1/13/2021 8:46:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2271
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1973
+3 details
Sorry, but it all comes down to wicking. The device itself has nothing to do with it, given that you've actually tightened the drip tip adapter down properly after inserting the tank. The boro tank can be a problem if the seals are trashed (o-rings top and bottom, as well as the glass gasket), but that's easy to spot and fix. (It's worth picking up spares packs while they're there and cheap - the gen-you-wine article carries a stupid-high price because it can, and you can get five of the SXK kits for the price of a single Billet Box Vapors kit, and the bottle in the BB kit isn't that good.)

Apart from that, it's straight-up wicking. Admittedly, that's easier if you like a tighter draw - with most rebuildable boro atties, you can be awfully generous with the cotton before it even thinks about dry hitting if your draw is tight. With a looser draw, you just have to gradualy up the cotton until you hit the balance point, and in some cases may need to use a larger coil, depending on the atty. I've never leaked a drop with my BBs. There are some atties that are better at preventing condensation around the boro than others, and condensation plugs are worth the bother if you're using the boro tank, but condensation isn't leaking. Even the sort-of-Kanger RBA that comes with the BB is well-behaved if you wick it right, and that's with 50/50 and 60% PG juices.
#3 (permalink)      1/13/2021 11:31:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 286
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos140
+1 details
Wicking is of the essence and nothing to add to what essellar said.
It’s probably a good idea also to check your boro, take out all the orings and the rectangle seal, inspection and thorough cleaning of it all, and replacing with the spares in case of doubt.
#4 (permalink)      1/14/2021 2:30:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3082
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1633
You dont have to make your billet suffer the wrath either...simply leave it out until you gauge your wicking job. Remember the rba inside the Boro needs to be seated properly if left out of the Billet, which means push it down from the top until it stops(just like if the drip tip adapter/integrated tip was tightened down)

You will save your Billet innards from juice. Also, your Billet probably has juice inside of it now, so when not in use, stand it staight up so the juice can drain out - usually around the screen plate and the fire button plate on the reverse side. Juice gets in around the positive pin where the rba connects...that can be sealed, but if you're not careful/ aware of Billet workings you can damage your device.

good luck, everything is located in that little Boro, and you have to master it. Billets are the kings of fiddly, but are very rewarding and problem free, when you get it!
one of the wettest, from the standpoint of water.
#5 (permalink)      1/15/2021 7:00:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 318
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos63
+2 details
Hey guys,
Thanks for the feedback... After reading your replies last night..., I decided to give it another go... I bought a condensation plug a few days ago, but seeing it hasn't arrived yet.., I decided to use the advice above... Use more cotton, and leave the filled Boro outside of the billet for a while... So, I rewicked and left it out over night... No
Leaking!!! Guess it was beginners ...bad luck? Lol..

But then... Today I had to drive from my house ,(sea level, on the Eastern shoreline of Delaware.. To my parents mountain house in Western PA.... I took the Boro back out for starting the drive, because from previous and unfortunate learning experiences.... That elevation will draw the juice out of your RTA and can even do it to ejuice bottles occasionally... I usually separate my tanks from the mods on those trips, close juice flow, AFC, etc..
Sure enough, the Boro leaked..., but not nearly as bad as those other times... I gave it a bit of a refill... It's doing just fine again... Thanks for the support all !! (Sometimes ya just need that extra push of reassurance.lol ) take care..
#6 (permalink)      1/16/2021 12:16:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5771
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3710
A couple thousand feet in elevation will make many atomizers leaks, I've been there.
I've been folding leftover cotton or paper towels then tucking them in under the VapeSnail opposite of the air inlet being sure the stay clear of the atomizers air inlets in the bottom.

I've had the fill flaps come out so tucking a cut o-ring piece in where the flap is anchored has illuminated that.

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/9724879/t/3072023/anniepan-510?3095815

Edited on 1/16/2021 at 12:22 PM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#7 (permalink)      1/16/2021 12:31:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3082
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1633
...and remember, it will continue to wick just like any device, and must be fired occasionally to vaporize excess juice. My theory is "the tank that leaks the least is the one that's used the most"lol -- but true on different levels.
#8 (permalink)      1/16/2021 12:48:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 318
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos63
Yes I suppose the most used takes are usually the best kept.., but sometimes, if you go too long without re-wicking, you will get leaking on a refill, and know it's time for a change up... @carrion4worm ....so FT told me on my most recent ticket, that the 'semi orange' YFTK Billet Box that I recently ordered, is finally out of stock.., however, they said they can exchange it with a BX blue YFTK Billet Box (also the DNA60 version) .... I was pleasantly surprised... I told them to do the exchange.., but haven't heard back on my ticket... it took 15 hours after they wrote it for me to see it and respond... and now its about 20 hours since my response... I hope I didn't miss out somehow... does the FT staff still work on the weekends, anyone know?
Also, Wylie, do you have any photos of what you are talking about? I'm having trouble visualizing much of it..Thanks..
#9 (permalink)      1/16/2021 1:10:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3082
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1633
+1 details
No work on weekends, and imo, the Vapesnail has no real issues, but the fill bung can come off if not careful. Instead of using something to keep it pressed tightly in, you COULD just secure it with the proper adhesive. I find it to be a non issue if filled while inside the Billet, but it could have been done better, I agree. The Alien is basically the same, where the bung easily comes off when unplugged. Again, though, its held in by the walls of the Billet's boro slot.

Very exciting news for you about the Blue billet...I'm heading to the product page now...
#10 (permalink)      1/16/2021 1:15:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5771
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3710
No prob, not so easy to see but there is cotton under the base leftover from the atomizer build.

Just a small section of o-ring to retain the fill flap.
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#11 (permalink)      1/17/2021 6:51:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3082
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1633
VapeSnail with no logos? Must be Fasttech?