shopping cart empty
SX Mini Q Class and 25mm atties?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#171 (permalink)      6/23/2016 10:04:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6852
+1 details
Lol,the weight of the No6 is one of the things I like most about it - & the only thing I wasn't keen on with the lightweight Q class - we all like different qualities in our devices which is why one chap's Grail is another's bedpan....the 75w & dual '650 of the Therion is perfect for many (see Mike Vapes review) but useless for others.
Ironically the Halcyon is a Lost Vape mod I'll pass on- I've spent a small fortune on squonkers over the years & its always been a big disappointment,& I'm really not a li-po fan either! But for build quality Lost Vape make very good mid priced mods.
https://www.instagram.com/inkitatus/
#172 (permalink)      6/23/2016 10:21:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171

It's wider, but not too wide for my small hands,(narrower than my current small phone) and shorter than Evic mini.

did i just read that correctly?
your hands are shorter than an evic mini?

No, that can't be right...

@ipico TBH, I think that the iStick 30 was a better vape than the pico, at least in wattage mode. I haven't used it in SS in TC. Using TC less and less. I am happy with kanthal as I am with SS in wattage mode. Actually, in the end, I prefer kanthal. Simple, easy. I am done, personally putting any more energy into vaping, beyond actually vaping if that makes sense.

Therion DNA75

Wasn't looking for myself.
I am perfectly content with the SX Q, earlier SX M and as soon as i make it to the store, will pick up a ML class as well.
I am just bored with the whole vape thing, personally so rarely excited about any of it-the SX Minis, are alike a Volvo.
They just work beautifully, no hassle, etc.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#173 (permalink)      6/23/2016 10:34:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6852
Out of curiosity,why bother with yihi,dna's etc if you mainly use kanthal? (Build quality I assume) I buy 'em coz I'm exclusively ss TC & its only the pricier boards that can do it properly...& I really don't get why Ni200 is still a thing either,lol.
I still test customer's set up's at work & I can always taste the kanthal (tbh fruity flavours seem to be the most popular,& they're really not my thing either,so it could be that)
#174 (permalink)      6/23/2016 12:09:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
+1 details
I had the M class which did not excel in SS/TC as you know.

I had the Cuboid + evics.
I became tired dealing with mods that did not handle SS well.
eVic did.
Cuboid, I didnt think as well due to funky 510s ( i got lucky with good 510s on a couple of evics)

So I partly became tired of dealing with SS in TC when I never felt it was reliable.
I could be out, with my atty/mod and suddenly, it would not recognize the SS in TC.
i NEVER had to worry about it in wattage with kanthal.

With the Q class, I knew I now could use SS in TC in a reliable fashion.
But, at the same time, i decided i really did not love the Boreau and other 24mm attys.
I always felt that the bigger ones, such as the Boreas DID need SS in TC.
In fact I sold off the Boreas just last night to someone else.

I am a flavour junkie first and foremost.
I like 2mm coils with flavour attys.
I have already perfected the flavour I love on the Bellus, Moonshots, etc.
Perfect as it is in kanthal.
I dont have issue with the taste of it.
BUT, now I am no longer fiddling around with different atomizers + wasting my time, I will have time to recoil in SS on some of them in order to play around with it more.

But in the end, I do taste a depth of flavour on SS/TC, but not enough that it warranted all the hassles dealing with it, in mods, I felt were inferior for SS in TC.

I am not like most here.
I dont take any joy from modding, playing with coils, I just want it as easily as possible and reliable.

Now I will have time to use SS/TC more with the mods I now have, all together.

Now down to the SX's and evics for SS and will have more time to perfect the SS.
Have two picos but have not bothered to use them in SS either.

Lastly? I can't use chinese wire so it's very difficult to find good SS wire i can use.
So far have not found any here at home. I import it from the US.
IF my favoured kanthal brand came out with a SS version, I would buy that one only.

I vape only custards, bakery ejuice etc.
The flavour is so perfect, the kanthal taste is minimal.
No issue with it. Or with SS.

When trying fruity vapes, which I really want but can't seem to find one that isn't a bit harsh, I am so focused on the chemical fruity taste
I wouldn't notice Ni200 if you threw it in :)

Sorry, if I could have done that in 5 words, I would have.
But i can type this whole long ass post likely quicker than most of you can type one sentence.
Hope that answers it for you :)

Edited on 6/23/2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: repetition of random thoughts
#175 (permalink)      6/23/2016 12:09:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
+1 details
SS in TC? Think Sigelei 213-enough of a reason I got bored of SS in TC :P
#176 (permalink)      6/23/2016 12:16:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171

But for build quality Lost Vape make very good mid priced mods.

IF i had a store near me where i could go, see the mod, feel it, know it was right, I would have purchased one.
The SX brand is easier for me to purchase at home.

another reason...

#177 (permalink)      6/23/2016 12:31:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
runningout
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos936
Inkitatus wrote:

I've spent a small fortune on squonkers over the years & its always been a big disappointment,& I'm really not a li-po fan either!

Since using RDA & TC, I have much less interest in squonkers.
Kinda losing interest in the DNA- cos smoothness matters to me.

What don't you like about LiPo?

ShelaghStone wrote:

It's wider, but not too wide for my small hands,(narrower than my current small phone) and shorter than Evic mini.

did i just read that correctly?
your hands are shorter than an evic mini?

No, that can't be right...

@ipico TBH, I think that the iStick 30 was a better vape than the pico, at least in wattage mode. I haven't used it in SS in TC. Using TC less and less. I am happy with kanthal as I am with SS in wattage mode. Actually, in the end, I prefer kanthal. Simple, easy. I am done, personally putting any more energy into vaping, beyond actually vaping if that makes sense.

Therion DNA75

Wasn't looking for myself.
I am perfectly content with the SX Q, earlier SX M and as soon as i make it to the store, will pick up a ML class as well.
I am just bored with the whole vape thing, personally so rarely excited about any of it-the SX Minis, are alike a Volvo.
They just work beautifully, no hassle, etc.

The breadth of my writing hand is smaller than the length of Evic mini, which is 1 mm taller than Dicodes#6. The other hand is very slightly smaller.
Height matters with pockets- especially top pockets & bending over.
Wrist to the base of my fingers is longer than Evic mini.
(My hands- I think I know them better than you.)

I always have my gear flat on a table, whatever when not in use, (or upside down if I need to bottom fill)- others stand them up- which i think of as courting trouble.
My main out & about set up fits sideways in some shirt pockets.

The squat shape of the Dicodes would be ok standing up on a table.

When did you last use an i30?
It may not have been too awful compared to what you were using then.
I wouldn't use mine again until it was the last thing between me & a mech if Vapergeddon hits.
I swapped to VW mode briefly on my Evic last night- looking for bubbles.
3 draws was enough before I went back to TC.

I've never been too interested in much of vaping- just in getting what I needed.
But, I like to know what's around, because more people I know IRL have started, or want to start vaping. I hate people being ripped off by bad b&m & bad online vendors. And failing, and telling everyone that vaping is a rip off & doesn't work.
The politics and the way the industry is evolving interests me.

I need/want a good supply of TC/reg mods.
It's cheap to have a couple years worth as back up.
You never know when the board on a reg will die.
2 years warranty on Dicodes hopefully means more time between making decisions.
My problem is wanting my best vape away from home.

The Pico- would rather not- but it's time to get another small TC mod, & reviews are very mixed about the other 2 contenders.
With some luck, Dicodes#7 will be lighter.
Would be nice if it had an adapter to take 18650- as long as it's not heavier in total than a 26650.

lol "Volvo driver" is a perjorative here (mainly due to the way Volvo drivers drive- really badly or maddeningly slowly.)
And 2 of my friends had real lemons.

If it haddn't been for this thread, it could have taken ages for Lost Vapes to get on my radar.
I want to know what happened to the IPV D3S? I really wanted that.

#178 (permalink)      6/23/2016 12:59:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
hand size - re: evic...gonna have to read that again, i think.

iStick 30 - i used 1 about 2 years ago. Partner swore by them. He thinks Nautilus is rolls royce of atomizers.
Who am I to disillusion him?
But I have had a couple of vapes on it, using his Nautilus and its perfectly fine at 11 watts.
I just find the pico tinny.
But for the few dollars it cost, it fits a niche.
Not complaining about it.
Perfect when outside.
Loved the Mini Volt but not so great for 30 watts-pico is better for that.
When putzing around my garden, etc, I dont want to use and drop the SX minis.

I understand the need for several years of mods.
I have quite a few backed up I have barely used but there if I need them and 1/2 fine for TC.

Agree with quality of Dicodes, etc and time.
Can't argue that logic.

Volvo - wasn't referring to drivers but car itself but yes, not the best analogy.
I type in shorthand, random blips-dont stress over details.

iPV DS3 - truly the saddest loss for mods this year!!!
I would have picked up a couple HAD it been good.

Partner has stolen my D2-D3 mods-finally realized there was life after an Istick 30
Presently waiting on a repeat D3 but I know he's stealing that one as well.

So only mod I would buy here now would be an equivalent iPV but so far, none are showing up.

I too would not have known about the Lost Vape mods if it weren't for INK whose taste in mods I do trust implicitly.
#179 (permalink)      6/23/2016 1:29:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6852
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

I too would not have known about the Lost Vape mods if it weren't for INK whose taste in mods I do trust implicitly.

Aw,shucks thanks ShelaghStone.

IMO,the nautilus @ 11w still is a damned good MTL Vape!

Runningout
- li-po? Not as convenient as "normal" cells & don't seem to last as long between charges (probably wrong,but that's my perception. I'm an old git so stuck in my ways!)
As for squonking I'm too heavy handed & seems bit naff that most of 'em have the juice bottle in same compartment as the electronic bits & Bob's ( I like the design of Chris Scott's kenzie,but bit rich to take a punt on & still relies on crappy plastic bottle rather than an Innokin uCan type delivery system)

#180 (permalink)      6/23/2016 3:46:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
runningout
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos936
+2 details
@ Inkitatus
Yeah- I freaked when I first saw a squonker-
a mech
(size of a matchbox)
I still watch my RTA like a hawk for signs of leaks- can never fully trust a reg to do its stuff. (One time a mod refused to fire, but the i30 did- was a tiny but of something between the pin & the thread of the atty).

tbh, it's no bother to use an RDA all the time, and a aquonker really only appeals for mindless convenience- at home, where I can switch easily if I feel like a diff flavor.
It might happen: a tank on a mod feels so heavy compared to same with an RDA.
Should rig up a foot pedal to fire & a tube...lol.
But, spacewise- enclosing the bottle takes up more room than a 10 ml bottle in the corner of a pocket, and that extra metal in the bigger enclosure is more weight.
I like that Kanger has brought them mainstream-
but, both so far are big misses, imo.
Kanger VW isn't great, and until they let people choose their wattage in TC, i'm passing.

@ Shelagh
Very different approaches.
Away from home- now I am never tempted by smoking- but it took <.5 ohms & TC to get there.

Sometimes, I need a complete mental break- what a cig break gave-
so, an intriguing flavor will pull my mind there.
As you see people mull over a great cognac or whisky in solitude.
Home, I have countless varieties of eg tea to give me that, so a good vape to accompany it is more than enough. Habit & counterpoint.
The garden- more of an addiction/habit thing, so the convenience of a tank is fine.

My nic is high, so a few puffs suffice for the addiction.
Away from home- it has to be great.
I'm deliberately at a plateau atm- I know how to get moarrrrr- I just don't need it yet.
I'm finally adjusting to charging 2 batts every 2 days and I don't want to do it more often, even if I was using solar power.

I'm almost tempted to try notched coils, but- what if I really like them!!!!
Back to the bs of stockpiling coils, cos, sure as eggs, if I prefer them, I'll dump wrapping coils, as I dumped the i30 after less than an hour on a new mod (still my best VW, altho Evic VW is close.)

I've been vaping much the same juice for ~98% of the last 13 months- sometimes in every atty on the go- ie nickel vs Ti vs ss vs ss in RTA lol
And making it weaker flavored every mix- until I hit just right.
I dabble a bit in others cos I have them, and rayon & RDA makes it a fling, not a marriage. A couple others could be contenders if my taste changes.

I'll never be bored with vaping, because my current builds & DIY are pretty pedestrian, but more than enough now for me.
I love TC cos I love using an RDA- taste, small & light, no leaking, easy to build, almost unbreakable. Carry a spare in case #1 fails.

Everyone has their own priorities.
If i30 didn't happen, I may have quit vaping.
If TC didn't happen (the battery conservation aspect) I may have smoked occasionally- or tried to- lol
It's a good feeling knowing I have what I want and can be very choosy about what is offered in the future.
Unfortunately, it seems one of the very few area of life I am so Spartan.

If I can cart around & not break a $500 phone, I can do the same with a $300 mod-
if it's small & not too heavy. A phone is less of a lifeline than my vape, imo.
#181 (permalink)      6/23/2016 4:21:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171

I'll never be bored with vaping, because my current builds & DIY are pretty pedestrian, but more than enough now for me.

bored as in, i have all i need and more and 95% of the time I dont care for the most hyped up atomizers anyhow.
In other words, for me, I have the best now.
Hard to surpass this.
Moonshot was the first atomizer in 6 months that excited me, that I loved the flavour on.
Most I dont.

Summed up better than I with this sentance of yours:

It's a good feeling knowing I have what I want and can be very choosy about what is offered in the future.

Away from home- now I am never tempted by smoking- but it took <.5 ohms & TC to get there.

Perfect!
Whatever it takes to get you there.

If I can cart around & not break a $500 phone, I can do the same with a $300 mod-
if it's small & not too heavy. A phone is less of a lifeline than my vape, imo.

I never drop or break things.
I dropped my Oneplus One phone last week in a way that should never have happened.
Didnt break but sensitivity to the on screen lower buttons stopped working.
Had to run to apple and buy a brand new unlocked iphone and I am not even fond of iphone.
Couldn't wait to order another android through google or online, etc.

Happens when your hands aren't full, when by all rights you should not have dropped it, etc.
Same one day when I dropped a D2. Mild distraction, plonked onto cement, hands weren't full.

Edited on 6/23/2016 at 4:21 PM. Reason: