shopping cart empty
USPS San Francisco International Service Center (ISC)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/29/2013 9:53:55 PM   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1306
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos1706
USPS San Francisco International Service Center (ISC)
My first package to go through here.
I have discovered that this means customs was trying to find a way to weasel some money out of me.
I have looked it up ... 20 dollars does not have to pay any fees in any category.

Anyone taking bets on if they try to steal it from me with lies ( we are talking government here) or just send it through as they should.
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number"......................... Battery Watch: June 29th
#2 (permalink)      9/29/2013 11:21:01 PM   quote/reply + tips
GaryInTexas
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 50
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos24
Are you saying that customs is charging fees on a $20 order? What was in the order?
#3 (permalink)      9/29/2013 11:58:23 PM   quote/reply + tips
touchnova
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 73
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos22
I've had two shipments go through USPS San Fran without any issues whatsoever...hope that's good news as I've not had any issues with Customs.
#4 (permalink)      9/29/2013 11:59:35 PM   quote/reply + tips
elDuderino
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 294
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos186
Hey Jo, I'm a little confused as well. How did customs contact you, by mail, email, phone? and if they didn't contact you, what is it that gave you the impression that you have to pay?

Incidentally, My package ordered on Sept 10th, which departed Hong Kong Post on the 26th, has arrived in San Francisco on the 27th and cleared sorting facility in Los Angeles at 5:53am this morning. I'll prob get my package tomorrow.

On a side note, I suspect that all of this hullabaloo over shipping delays, aside from what has already been stated here (hurricanes, Holiday Festivals, etc) the significance of the date Sept 11th, and shipments to its close proximity, in the way of security may have had a small contributing factor in packages being scrutinized.
#5 (permalink)      9/30/2013 12:17:42 AM   quote/reply + tips
MarkFll
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos46
1 kudos received details
My order from Sept 13th just updated from San Fransisco and is only 27 miles from Fort Lauderdale, FL. I'm so glad there were no more problems. And no request from customs for my $60.00 SVD kit. Looks like I might have it tomorrow!
#6 (permalink)      9/30/2013 12:53:59 AM   quote/reply + tips
armalitem16
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 359
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos159
Mines hit SF too, cant wait!!!!
#7 (permalink)      9/30/2013 12:58:13 AM   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 9595
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos17079
I had a package with $128 worth of items and $38 claimed on shipping label as electronic parts and paid no customs fees.
#8 (permalink)      9/30/2013 1:14:42 AM   quote/reply + tips
armalitem16
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 359
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos159
Nice! It will suck when the days come for all of us to pay custom fees for any amount... WAHHHHHH
#9 (permalink)      9/30/2013 1:23:43 AM   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1306
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos1706
You people aren't paying attention ... you see SF and you think it's the same SF as your package ... so, let's look at the details .... (ISC) .... Customs people.
Not SF, not USPS SF ... Customs ... look for the little letters (ISC) .....

........................ (ISC) ..........................

That is what tells you that customs has your stuff ... or in this case my stuff.
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number"......................... Battery Watch: June 29th
#10 (permalink)      9/30/2013 1:44:43 AM   quote/reply + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1466
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos1651
1 kudos received details
San Francisco International Service Center achieves worldwide recognition

The San Francisco International Service Center (ISC) recently became the 13th office of exchange worldwide to receive the coveted Certificate of Excellence in Management and Processing of Interna­tional Letter Mail. International Post Cor­poration (IPC) President and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Herbert-Michael Zapf presented the certificate to the San Francisco ISC employees.

Plant Manager Ana Hilario praised her employees, say­ing the road to certification is long and arduous. “The men and women of the ISC, through hard work and team spirit, earned this recognition from the international postal com­munity,” said Hilario. “Obtaining IPC certification shows our global partners that the Postal Service is committed to mail processing excellence.”

The San Francisco ISC employs more than 450 workers and processes more than 150 million pieces of mail each year.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2007/html/pb22201/news.2.7.html

How long does it take to receive a package if it has been processed through USPS Sort Facility San Francisco?

Diana asked 2 years ago

Hi there. Well I was wondering how long does it take for a package, from china, get to leave the sort facility from San Francisco to get to the one in Los angeles to get sorted out to my nearest post office (Bell Gardens).

Best Answer Voter's Choice

HeatherC answered 2 years ago

This is to your previous question about isc san francisco. ISC stands for International Service Center. It means it's at USPS but at the international service center since it's coming from oversea. Hopes this helps! Also from what I understand, the time it takes depends on the customs department (whether they feel they need to go through the package or not and all the forms).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120326231351AALYEQI
P'I
#11 (permalink)      9/30/2013 2:06:08 AM   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1306
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos1706
I give up ... if people want to be willfully ignorant, nothing I can do about it.

For everyone else, keep an eye out for when ICF shows up in your tracking.