shopping cart empty
[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday between Oct. 1, 2014 and Oct. 3, 2014. Services will resume on Oct. 4, 2014 (details).
How safe is vaping in the rain
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/13/2013 4:14:24 PM   quote/reply + tips
smokeLair
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos17
+1 details
How safe is vaping in the rain
"I'm vaping inthe rain just vaping in the rain what a glorious feelin..............I was just wondering because I was riding back from work tonight one handed toking away on my magneto and it started chucking it down I suddenly thought maybe this isn't such a good idea ......and swiftly pocketed my device could this be a drawback to vaping i mean the worst that can happen when smoking is it will get wet and go out but with vaping.....,????
Graze the skin with my finger tips The brush of dead cold flesh pacifies the means Provocative images delicate features so smooth A pleasant fragrance in the light of the moon
#2 (permalink)      9/13/2013 4:38:56 PM   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2161
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos2548
smokeLair,
Not the wisest thing you could do, unless of course you have a waterproof set up. I don't know of any myself.
Water & electricity don't mix. Let's just say at the very least you could short out your battery & render it useless. Worst case, while your vapin the battery could short & explode, causing a variety of facial & hand damage. You wouldn't take a bath with a toaster, don't vape in the rain. Follow your instincts, if it seems like a bad idea, it usually is. Stick to singing in the rain...lol

Be safe & Happy Vapin ;-)

Edited on 9/13/2013 at 4:39 PM. Reason:
Ended my 39yr smoking habit, March 4th 2013 All thanks to Vaping!
#3 (permalink)      9/13/2013 5:38:06 PM   quote/reply + tips
AlexMci
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 137
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos73
Seriously don't worry about that FFS. It's a 3 or 4 volt battery. The worst you will feel if anything goes tits up is a wee jag . I really don't think that should worry you at all. There's some folk on this forum like Hellhound, Amiga , UK vaper and other that are clued up on the battery thing that will tell you much better than I can, but if I remember my high school physics correctly, it's not voltage that's the nasty thing, it's current and the current from batteries is mili amps. Nothing to get heat up about.
But then again it's Friday evening here in Glasgow and I have had a few swallies. I might be wrong lol.
#4 (permalink)      9/13/2013 8:14:37 PM   quote/reply + tips
bumbleballs
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 979
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1044
hi, its not so much the electric shock you may get , its the water possibly causing the li-ion battery to short out you should worry about ;)

some people use unprotected li-co cells...
#5 (permalink)      9/14/2013 4:04:14 AM   quote/reply + tips
smokeLair
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos17
I use unprotected with my mod hell i think it tastes better ...........so basicly somebody out there needs to design custom waterproof skins for mods and devices because at the end of the day I can't be having the rain here in the uk getting between me and my tasty juices.........
Graze the skin with my finger tips The brush of dead cold flesh pacifies the means Provocative images delicate features so smooth A pleasant fragrance in the light of the moon
#6 (permalink)      9/14/2013 4:21:23 AM   quote/reply + tips
bumbleballs
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 979
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1044
+1 to that smokelair.. was throwing it down with rain last night by me.(im in the uk)

this pesky rain is another reason why using IMR cells is a better idea than using un-protected li-co cells .
#7 (permalink)      9/14/2013 6:14:48 AM   quote/reply + tips
smokeLair
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos17
Thing is bumbleballs i have got an efest protected but i just think it doesn't drive my cartos the same way my unprotected batteries do it could be just the battery but i had the feeling they restrict the power outlet a little..being in the uk you'll remember the horrors of last winter us joe public freezing our nuts of while david cameron swans about tropical counteries getting his tan topped up ..,anyhow it was wet alot and i don't think a protected battery is gonna help that much the end result not much vaping ... it can't be that hard for someone to create a waterproof skin or sleeve for our trusty devices airborne infantry do jackets for their mods but they are not waterproof so really serve no purpose

http://eu.myvape.in/index.php/ab-suits.html

But it's a step in the right direction isn't it?
#8 (permalink)      9/14/2013 9:20:18 AM   quote/reply + tips
Mawsley
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1535
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos1627
I think it is important to remember a sensible coat, shoes and hat when vaping in the rain. Manflu can be a killer (for everyone else who lives with the sufferer). ;)

Edited on 9/14/2013 at 9:20 AM. Reason:
Unavailable for comment.
#9 (permalink)      9/15/2013 4:14:18 AM   quote/reply + tips
socom57
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2161
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos2548
Funny thing, I don't recall saying anything about getting electrocuted or even getting shocked. I just pointed out it's not the best idea to vape in the rain. If you disagree that's cool & feel free to do it. Having said that, telling someone not to worry about it is not the best advice one could give. I'm talkin about 18650 batteries not little AA batteries. Which storage capacity is a good bit greater.

This is not something to joke about or made lite of & I'm quite sure Keith (hellhound) would agree!
Well that's all I have to say about that....

Y'all have a Fanfeckintastical Day & Happy Vapin!!!!

Edited on 9/15/2013 at 6:25 AM. Reason:
Ended my 39yr smoking habit, March 4th 2013 All thanks to Vaping!
#10 (permalink)      9/15/2013 11:14:57 AM   quote/reply + tips
hvanzyll
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
well you could wrap a condom around it... LOL
that would keep the rain of the parts you don't want exposed to the rain.
note: use the ones that don't have spermicide in it :)
#11 (permalink)      9/15/2013 12:14:11 PM   quote/reply + tips
AlexMci
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 137
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos73
+1 details
I'm not dissing your advice. I'm just of the opinion that unless your doing it under a running drainpipe , it shouldn't do any harm to you. Yes it's an 18650 battery, but I'm out working in Scotland with 36v Li ion hilti rip snorters, drills or paslode nailguns every day. If its raining it doesn't stop us working, as i said its Scotland, if we never used them when its raining we would only be working a fortnight a year. the tools usually get a bit of board thrown on top of them, to keep the worst of the weather off them. Then taken out and used while its raining. I agree it probably isn't ideal for your mod, could maybe short it and stop it working, but I have still never had a cordless power tool stop working or give me a shock because it got a bit wet with rain. But your advice is correct, not a good idea to mix electricity and water. I think you just need to be sensible about it, having a few vapes out in the rain then putting it away should not do much, but chain vaping while walking down the street in a monsoon is silly.