shopping cart empty
Ditched ECF for Fasttech Forum :)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/21/2013 10:32:44 PM   + tips
goodbro
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos80
11 kudos received details
Ditched ECF for Fasttech Forum :)
So many great unbiased helpful people here, I really love this booming forum.

Everytime someone posts something about fasttech you get the local vendor fanboy "feedback".
No vendor paid members here recommending and pushing overpriced dated stuff to noobies: "ooh you want a kit? try myvaporstore marked up as balls spinner kit is da best", "ohh you want to upograde from an ego? get a provari yea provari x9000 lasts milliuns of years yes yes builts like an f16" ohoh "clones!?" "support 'murica business" "my provari" "get a provari" "love my provari" snobby know-it-all blowhards.

Clones are good, in fact are great, i'm not paying $200 bucks for 1 metal tube that holds a battery, for that much i can get 20 that perform exactly the same. yep.

Fasttech is the best site in the world!!! Godspeed.

*Rant off*
#2 (permalink)      8/21/2013 10:39:28 PM   + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 978
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1216
6 kudos received details
Fast Tech is good, but many of the members here are either not-so-knowledgeable or just starting out. ECF has great resources and members who are a lot more advanced and seasoned. I agree, many users there are anti-clones and have an elitist attitude that a newb should jump straight to a provari or a caravela. The forum here will be even more biased because we are not allowed to refer new vapers to different websites.

Edited on 8/21/2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: OP is a noob.
"I wish, I wish, I was a fish" -- Ed [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDNq2UcAkIA]
#3 (permalink)      8/21/2013 10:39:30 PM   + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1627
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos1147
8 kudos received details
I quit ECF 6-months ago! Only go to check the deals thread a couple times a week,& even that has gotten pretty useless now,with the same shills posting "deals" every week that never end,so its not really a deal at all,if its always "on sale".Quite sickening honestly,Ads up the yazoo,yada,yada,yada.
#4 (permalink)      8/21/2013 10:48:37 PM   + tips
DaisyVapes
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 211
  • Reviews 58
  • Kudos197
7 kudos received details
YES, GOODBRO! ME TOO!

I had such a bad experience at ECF it made me never want to go back... I asked a legit question and I was made to feel like a fool.

The people here are so much more friendly and some seriously go far above and beyond answering a question... if they don't have the answer, they go out of their way to get it for you. Good luck finding that sort in the sea of snobs on ECF.

I <3 FTF!
Smoke-free since April 8, 2013 @ 10:00pm
#5 (permalink)      8/21/2013 11:32:52 PM   + tips
Dawnie
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 134
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos139
6 kudos received details
This is the only vaping forum I have joined because of its friendliness and they way a great bunch of people are helping others no matter where they are on their vaping journey, without any hidden agendas of pushing their own totally overpriced goods with huge markups.

I admit I am no expert and have no idea about Mods etc. (far too big and weighty tools for my very small hands – so I won’t be going there, they are not for everyone). I’m just trying to help out where I can to the best of my abilities.
As above, so below. As within, so without.
#6 (permalink)      8/22/2013 2:17:22 AM   + tips
e_smoke
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1725
  • Reviews 259
  • Kudos2538
5 kudos received details
Seems to be pattern of thoughts developing here & your not wrong, for every 1 that actually manages to get help @ above mentioned there are 100+ with Daisy's experience & that's sad, why! who knows as we are all equal no matter what we decide to use from Ego to provari, clone to genuine(shafting)it's your money your choice & all produce vapor.
I don't mind helping/sharing my personal experiences with hardware but if I don't have the hardware in Q then sorry someone else will have to step in, I'd hate to misinform due to some others misinformation.
striving4theperfectvapeifsuchathingexists
#7 (permalink)      8/22/2013 2:25:10 AM   + tips
YvesM
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 577
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos510
3 kudos received details
Too many fan boys on ECF Better class of peeps here ;)
Moderator on the local forums in New Zealand. Any kiwi's that need local support here we are :) www.kiwivapers.com,
#8 (permalink)      8/22/2013 3:33:48 AM   + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 978
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1216
3 kudos received details
Too many fanboys on ECF? There is a more diverse culture at ECF than here. There you got an entire population who leave, breath, eat, and sleep on their favorite mod, e.g., caravela, sigelei, kamry, joyetech, provari, vamo, etc. Here you got one crowd: Fast Tech or nothing. Being surrounded by the same kind of mindset will create an elitist attitude, which is what is brewing here. Over there, you got a nice melting pot.

Edited on 8/22/2013 at 3:36 AM. Reason: Geek is not a noob
"I wish, I wish, I was a fish" -- Ed [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDNq2UcAkIA]
#9 (permalink)      8/22/2013 4:02:57 AM   + tips
YvesM
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 577
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos510
4 kudos received details
As you say they "breath eat and sleep on their favorite mod".

That is exactly what I meant, so many times I have seen a question from a new member to see the answer buy a Provari/Vamo etc. Fan boys not objective answers or usually helpful to the new member.

I have nothing against any brand name just the insistence of many there to push their own preferences and not answer the questions in plain simple to understand terms.
Moderator on the local forums in New Zealand. Any kiwi's that need local support here we are :) www.kiwivapers.com,
#10 (permalink)      8/22/2013 6:57:30 AM   + tips
hellhound
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 1064
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1323
6 kudos received details
I joined ECF ... Posted a reply to "something Trival" & was promply BANNED fer 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!

their loss .. As has been said .. its all .. Buy a provari.. Buy this .... Buy that ....

I'll BUY WHAT I WANT TO BUY WHEN I WANT TO BUY IT ...... i DO NOT CARE if its made in USA / UK / China or on the bloody Moon!!!

I ask myself THREE QUESTIONS

A. Does it work ???............... YES

B. Is it Cheap??...................YES

C. Can I afford it ???.............YES

I do not care if its made down a hole in the base of a tree by Elves & Fairies ......IT VAPES ............................END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH
I am somewhat of a bullshitter myself but occasionally I like to listen to a real Pro, Please, do carry on
#11 (permalink)      8/22/2013 11:54:17 AM   + tips
Bigbuddha74
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos78
4 kudos received details
It really is funny, pretty much its always "buy a provari"! I joined there a year or better ago, and was just going from a cig-a-like to an eGo style device, and had a ?. The first to respond was decent enough, and then the onslaught of PROVARI! In all honesty, is the damn thing really that good? I haven't hung out around there much since, except for research, and have posted maybe 5 times or so at best.