Dear Valued Customers,
The Lunar New Year
(Year of the Horse
) holiday is around the corner -- the holiday that is celebrated by dozens of cultures in Asia including people in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, and many more. To these cultures, this holiday is so important that it is celebrated and treated much like, if not more than, how Western cultures celebrates the Christmas.
This holiday is particularly important to a majority of Chinese who work away from home. To them, the Lunar New Year or CNY is likely their only chance in the year to go home and visit their family. Like it or not, the holiday completely shuts down factories, suppliers, and distribution centers alike.
FastTech's holiday arrangement for this year's CNY holiday is as follows:Official holiday
for FastTech: 7 business days from January 25, 2014 to February 4, 2014.
All operations resume on February 5, 2014 at 9:30am Hong Kong Time.Effects on orders and support:These also apply to merchants (drop shippers).
Prior to January 22, 2013 (dates inclusive, HKT):
- Orders: all orders scheduled to ship
within these dates are shipped before the holiday
- Support: all tickets are replied to before the holiday.
** scheduled shipping date
is displayed at the bottom of the shopping cart page, as well as in your FastTech account > order history page. **
January 23, 2013 and January 24, 2014 (dates inclusive, HKT):
- Orders & Support: we'll target to ship all orders scheduled between Jan 23 and 24 will be shipped before the holiday, and we'll target to answer all questions made between these dates, but we can't make guarantees.
January 25, 2013 and February 4, 2014 (dates inclusive, HKT):
- Orders: all in stock orders are queued for shipment on or shortly after February 5, 2013. Some items may require extra time -- ETA will be displayed on product pages.
- Support: no support is available between these dates.
February 5, 2014 onward:
- Orders: shipping resumes. Extra processing time may be required due to holiday backlogs.
- Support: CS resumes work but response time will be delayed due to backlogs.February 10, 2014 onward
- All orders expected to resume shipping according to scheduled shipping dates (i.e. normal again).
- Ticket response time may still be elevated due to backlogs.February 17, 2014 onward
- All orders and support tickets are expected to be normal again.
* Orders placed before the holiday, and are scheduled to ship during the holiday, will not be shipped until after the holiday. *
Keep in mind not all suppliers and factories that FastTech works with resume work on February 5, 2014. FastTech will update the stock status displayed on each product page to show an ETA of each product's post holiday shipping date.
Thank you and we wish you a prosperous Year of the Horse!
PS. for a list of all FastTech's holidays, please refer to this FAQ entry
Mod (geek) edited on 2/20/2014 at 6:30 PM. Reason: removed sticky
I'm not a CS staff but I help answering questions here. If I missed your questions, I apologize and you are not being ignored :).