shopping cart empty
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/8/2013 12:34:04 AM   + tips
etcetera
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1463
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos1645
1 kudos received details
Just saw a hilarious definition and then a spot-on definition.

The funny one:

What does Origin Post is Preparing Shipment mean?

Answer:
It means that the item is already in the country to which it was sent to. So, if you had ordered something from Canada, and you live in the United States, it means that the item is already in the United States and is preparing to be shipped by the USPS. Origin Post is a company that takes the items from overseas and sorts them.

EDIT: Origin Post is not a company. Origin post = place where it's being shipped from's post office/system. So, it's not in the US.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_Origin_Post_is_Preparing_Shipment_mean

The spot-on one:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment "Real Meaning" (USPS)?

It means that the origin Post is preparing a shipment for dispatch. basically manifesting packages heading for the US. Most often, a foreign post will merge all of the packages going to one country and list a manifest of each individual package and their tracking numbers, if applicable.

Once the container is full enough, it is passed to be dispatched. When the container is scanned, the status of all of the packages on the manifest will update.

From what you posted, though, your package was dispatched at 1241 hrs this morning. Once it clears Customs in the US, it will be handed over to the USPS for delivery. I would not get worried until Wednesday, at the earliest.

Source:
26 year Postal Worker

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110204123822AAQDPjl

And I was just playing around putting the term in search after checking the tracking status of a couple of overseas shipments of mine from Hong Kong and China. For days each said , Origin post is preparing shipment. Today, the tracking seemed to have updates through 17track.net when I clicked on details.

The first one, a set of headphones and coming from Hong Kong, tracking said:

2013-12-05 00:00, The item (RBxxxxxxxxxHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 5-Dec-2013

Sweet!

The second one was this wooden miniature kitchen:

Nothing fancy, just imagination toys to go with the dolls I purchased from a seller on ebay (that are like the dolls in the kitchen pic).

The tracking details on that shipment was this:

2013-12-05 00:00, 出口总包直封封发, 深圳国际, 美国
2013-12-04 00:00, 出口总包互封开拆, 深圳国际, 美国
2013-12-04 00:00, 收寄局收寄, 深圳市国际大宗邮件处理中心, 美国

Which translates to this:

2013-12-05 00:00, exports total package seal seal straight hair, Shenzhen International, USA
2013-12-04 00:00 Mutual export total package seal to open, Shenzhen International, USA
2013-12-04 00:00, acceptance acceptance Bureau, Shenzhen International Bulk Mail Center, United States

Which looks to me like they opened it to inspect the contents then sealed it again.

Looks like they're coming along!

Edited on 12/8/2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason:
Oh, sweet
#2 (permalink)      12/8/2013 8:58:33 AM   + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2611
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos966
The first definition is also true, that it IS in the country which is the final destination country...I have had many orders show "origin post is preparing shipment" on the same date and time as being processed at USPS San Fran sort facility, and 2 days after it has been "Despatched Overseas (US)" from China, and 4 days before it appeared in my Florida USA mailbox....

Edited on 12/8/2013 at 9:02 AM. Reason:
US Military 1969-1999,.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#3 (permalink)      12/13/2013 4:55:23 AM   + tips
SpikeTimmons
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos17
thanks for answering this question folks. Saved me from starting another thread lol.
#4 (permalink)      12/13/2013 4:59:28 AM   + tips
SpikeTimmons
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos17
Here is what the usps site says if you click the little information i bubble next to origin post

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece

Meaning it is still in china...which really sucks when you got charged 20 bucks for shipping....
#5 (permalink)      12/23/2013 9:57:14 PM   + tips
bizzy511
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 152
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos36
anyone know what this means?

ITEM LODGED INTO TRANSSHIPMENT HUB LOCAL POSTAL AGENT

does this mean I have to wait another 2 weeks?
#6 (permalink)      12/23/2013 10:03:02 PM   + tips
afrhino
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 483
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos562
Bizzy,

You usually see that when your package has arrived in Singapore from HK if you are using SGP. Usually means 4-7 days until depart SG lately, then off to your country.
Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.