shopping cart empty
Tech Support for JTD (????????????)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/27/2013 5:31:42 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Tech Support for JTD (????????????)
Would someone who reads Chinese please contact the manufacturer JTD Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd (深圳市吉泰达科技有限公司) for me? I need the e-mail address of their English-speaking Technical Support. I found their Website at http://www.china-gps.cc yesterday, but it is all in Chinese, so I cannot understand it.

Yesterday I received from FastTech the JTD GPS model number 84H-3, FastTech SKU 1273406. Its User Manual says, "The charging indicator light is red during charging. Do not unplug the charge until the battery is fully charged and the indicator light turns to green." The lithium polymer battery has been charging for over 15 hours, but the indicator light has not turned to green. I am concerned that if I continue to charge the GPS unit, it will harm the lithium polymer battery. I am charging the GPS unit using the AC plug adapter, included in the package, plugged into the mains power grid.

Again, please post the e-mail address of the English-speaking technical support of the manufacturer JTD Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd (深圳市吉泰达科技有限公司).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Mod (geek) edited on 8/29/2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: fixed paging issue. no change was made to content
#2 (permalink)      8/27/2013 6:13:44 PM   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 9682
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos17302
You can use bing translator to translate the webpage Bing translator click here

Have you turned the unit on to see how much charge it has already 50,60, 90% ?
It would probably help to see if it is increasing in charge or staying the same.

It should have a indicator showing what percent charge is.

Here is link to translated page : Page translated click here

If above doesnt work here is what you need to do:

Paste http://www.china-gps.cc in the big box on the right and hit translate . It will send you to a translated web page.

edit : It appears above Page translated link is working and you should be able to read the page now.

Hope this helped ;)

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 6:25 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      8/27/2013 6:32:27 PM   quote/reply + tips
Chloe
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1895
+2 details
You can try their email: 1229560373@qq.com

I would suggest opening a support ticket if you have not already, although there might be a delay in response due to the current backlog.

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 6:32 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      8/27/2013 6:51:00 PM   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 9682
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos17302
I think they want to talk to JTD themselves and not FT

But Agreed FT would be way to go but they might not want to wait 36 to 48 hrs =O

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 6:57 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      8/27/2013 9:24:24 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hi, Chloe & viking65,

Before I wrote the original post, I had opened a FastTech ticket to ask FT for the e-mail address of the English-speaking tech support at JTD. Yes, I saw that FastTech Support is now taking 36 hours to reply, so I posted my question in this community forum, hoping for an earlier reply.

Chloe, does that e-mail address 1229560373@qq.com belong to JTD or to FastTech? I really want to speak with JTD, not with FastTech. I don't have QQ instant messenger software on my PC, because it contains spyware that sends out info about what programs are running on one's PC. So clicking on the QQ message link, shown on the JTD site, won't help me, because Windows doesn't know what protocol to associate with URL tencent://message/?uin=1057089306&Site=%E5%9C%A8%E7%BA%BF%E5%AE%A2%E6%9C%8D&Menu=yes.

Almost ditto with the MSN link on the JTD site. I assume that Microsoft, since buying Skype and exterminating Windows Live from cyberspace, has altered Internet Explorer so that it loads Skype when a MSN link is clicked on. Unfortunately, I can no longer install Skype, because when I try to install it, I get this error message:
. Try searching for "Skype 1601 Windows Installer" and you will find out that lots of people have the same problem and cannot resolve it.

Thanks, viking65, for the Bing quasi-translation. I had already used Google Translator to quasi-translate the site, but I see that Bing does a reasonably good job, too.

Meanwhile, I did unplug the charger and turn on the GPS, despite the warning in the User Manual to leave the charger plugged in until the indicator light turned green. When I turned on the GPS and went to the main interface page, the battery charge icon seemed to be totally filled in. I haven't found anyplace in the interface where it displays the percentage of charge.

I still need the e-mail address for JTD's English-speaking tech support. I haven't tried the GPS functions yet, but I see that the FM receiver doesn't work. I may have to bother a Chinese-speaking friend to telephone JTD in Shenzhen and ask for that e-mail address.
#6 (permalink)      8/27/2013 9:27:34 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1

Edited on 8/28/2013 at 6:17 PM. Reason: extinguish all content
#7 (permalink)      8/27/2013 9:31:18 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Sorry, I have not been able to figure out how to properly type an image link/pathname so that the image shows in the forum. The image I want to show is an error message that says,

Installing Skype failed; code 1601. The Widows Installer service could not be accessed.

#8 (permalink)      8/27/2013 10:24:05 PM   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 9682
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos17302
You are probably getting that error because it is charging on the ac plug and not a usb connected to your pc

It is trying to access windows installer (wants to update itself) and it cant since you are charging from wall outlet.

My GPS an older one said could take up to 24hrs for first charge. I would just monitor it and just make sure it isn't getting to hot I have some cordless phones that took a long time also. I think it should be OK it should have built in protection in the GPS from overcharge

The new GPS are kind of like a android tablet You can leave them charge without to much worries that it will damage batteries as it should have built in protection on the GPS

Even though my GPS is battery powered I leave it plugged in car adapter when using it and never a problem I do however unplug it when leave the car just in case.

Edited on 8/27/2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      8/27/2013 10:43:35 PM   quote/reply + tips
Chloe
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 970
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1895
+2 details
Gwai3_Lou2, the email address was from the contact us page on JTD's site.
#10 (permalink)      8/28/2013 6:13:48 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Hi, viking65,

I took the GPS over to a friend's house last night and we played around with it a bit. Most of the time, its power was coming from the internal lithium polymer battery. When the "recharge me" image started to appear, he plugged an external battery pack into the mini-USB jack on the GPS to power it. Right now I am charging it from the USB port on an old PC through the cable that came with the GPS and through said mini-USB jack. I will leave this charging cable plugged in until 1 p.m. tomorrow. Hopefully the GPS's current flow circuit is functioning and will stop the flow and turn the indicator LED green when the battery is full. The GPS does get a bit hot while charging off the mains (aka power grid) adapter, but not so hot while charging off the old PC's USB port.

I doubt that the GPS was trying to access Windows Installer, because the GPS's power switch was turned off while I was charging it from the mains adapter. Because the GPS was turned off, the Windows CE.NET6.0 operating system was not running on its MediaTek MT3351 CPU. The GPS couldn't try to update its installed software nor data (for example, maps) without running its operating system.

The Windows Installer error predates my purchase of the GPS and has nothing to do with it. I only mentioned the Windows Installer error because I wanted to install Skype to see if I could use it to call the MSN (aka Windows Live) link on the JTD Website.

Thanks again for your comments,
鬼佬

Edited on 8/28/2013 at 6:16 PM. Reason: Remove font sizing
#11 (permalink)      8/28/2013 6:23:27 PM   quote/reply + tips
Gwai3_Lou2
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Hi, Chloe,

I will wait until tomorrow to see if FastTech responds to my ticket by sending me JTD's English-speaking Tech Support e-mail address. If FastTech does not, then I will send a message to the QQ e-mail address taken from JTD's contact Webpage.

Thanks again for your help,
鬼佬