shopping cart empty
Tracking number problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/9/2013 3:46:31 PM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
2 kudos received details
Tracking number problem
Hey All,

I just recently ordered or reordered some liquid and other random stuff but for some weird reason this time the package cannot be tracked. Only message I get from USPS is "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." Im a bit worried because I am moving from my current place within 10 days, and dont wanna miss my package. The item was shipped 7/2/13 according to Fasttech. Previous orders from them has reached me in 6-8 days, not to sure if its a tracking number error or what but I'm worried. I also placed a large order and same thing is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2 (permalink)      7/9/2013 4:08:17 PM   + tips
atetuna
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 338
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos221
1 kudos received details
Usually my orders track fine with USPS's tracker, but go ahead and try 17track.net. I use that for orders shipped with Singapore Post. FT usually uses Hong Kong Post. What's the last two characters of your tracking number?
#3 (permalink)      7/9/2013 4:11:30 PM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
The last two is HK. I used USPS First Class w/DC if that helps. Usually my orders also track fine, the past 4 shipments were spot on at 6-8 days shipped with constant updates. I even called USPS and my local office, both are saying the tracking number is invalid. sigh.....
#4 (permalink)      7/9/2013 4:16:32 PM   + tips
atetuna
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 338
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos221
1 kudos received details
HK should be Hong Kong Post, which is good since they're the ones that usually have 1-2 week shipping. Was it a really small order? My orders for $5.45 and $3.59 didn't have tracking. What's "DC"?
#5 (permalink)      7/9/2013 4:20:50 PM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
I'm not to sure myself but all my past orders have that too. My guess would be delivery confirmation. The order was roughly 14 dollars, about the same as my previous orders that had tracking. Checked both 17track.net and HK post still invalid. Opened a ticket a few days ago and FT said to give it 1-2 more days, its been 3 days. I just want to track it!!!! Thats the best part of ordering online!! =)
#6 (permalink)      7/9/2013 5:39:01 PM   + tips
hellhound
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 1064
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1338
1 kudos received details
Tindo, just a thought here ... when you Click the Tracking Number on your order "page" you SHOULD be taken to the Hong Kong Post page / site......Then you will see a "long Box" with an "Enter" button at the far right hand side of it ....

DO NOT put ANY number in that Box .. just Click ENTER & leave the box BLANK ..... if you DO Cut/paste your tracking Number into that box it WILL REMOVE THE LAST TWO DIGITS of the Track number .. & cause a "INVALID NUMBER" page to pop up.......

I have only found this out by experience NOWHERE does it say "JUST CLICK ENTER" your Natural instinct is to "paste" your track number into THAT box .. & the Invalid Number page WILL ALWAYS pop up !!!

HH
I am somewhat of a bullshitter myself but occasionally I like to listen to a real Pro, Please, do carry on
#7 (permalink)      7/9/2013 5:49:35 PM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
Thx HH,

Just tried still invalid. BTW when I click tracking it takes me to USPS tracking, same as my previous successful packages.
#8 (permalink)      7/9/2013 7:50:45 PM   + tips
hellhound
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 1064
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1338
1 kudos received details
I'm in the UK so it would be different fer me Tindo ... I just thought I'd mention it as I'm having trouble with 4 of my orders at the minute (see "nil response to Tickets" Thread)
I am somewhat of a bullshitter myself but occasionally I like to listen to a real Pro, Please, do carry on
#9 (permalink)      7/9/2013 11:18:40 PM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
Thx HH I just got a response to my ticket saying wait another 1-2 days (second time).
#10 (permalink)      7/10/2013 12:53:17 AM   + tips
freeze31
  • JoinedFeb 2013
  • Posts 185
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos124
Seems like Hongkong Post is busy now, because of a holiday season. I still get invalid tracking number too, on my 6/29/13 order.
#11 (permalink)      7/10/2013 12:57:22 AM   + tips
tindo
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
Hey Freeze,

Are you getting "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office" too? This sucks... I need more liqua!! Guess ill just be buying from retailers until FT gets HKP in check. If I knew there was an issue with the system I wouldnt have ordered a huge order yesterday! =(